“Nice and clean”

Ranked #5 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
NYC
“Nice and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during a business trip. Found the hotel staff to be very nice, rooms were clean. Breakfast was included and I'm glad I went, the scones were delicious. So good I had two. Great location if you are going to a game. Hotel connects to a bar with lots of beer selections. Also connects to great restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oshawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This review is LONG overdue! My husband and I stayed at this hotel last February and it truly was the most AMAZING EXPERIENCE! From the moment we booked our room online to the the moment we arrived…the CUSTOMER SERVICE was beyond what we could have expected. Susan was most helpful in booking my restaurant reservations, making recommendation and accommodating every single one of my many requests. She also helped me coordinate a ROMANTIC Valentine's Day surprise for my husband. Everything from champagne, candles, rose petals, fruit platter was set-up for us as we were returning from the concert that evening.

Susan greeted us with a warm smile and made us feel extremely WELCOME! She was such a pleasure to work with and made all the difference in our stay! The room was very well appointed and love the rainfall shower. My husband and I found the location to very convenient as we did not have to walk in the cold to get to the ACC. This was great considering we had a concert in the middle of winter!

The breakfast very delicious and the bed incredibly comfortable. This is one of the rare hotel where I actually had a good night sleep. I am spoiled at home because I have a very high end mattress that is HEAVENLY so I end up NOT sleeping when I'm vacationing (very exhausting). However, to my surprise I slept like a baby at the Le Germain Maple Leaf Square.

I have no hesitation recommending this hotel. If you are looking for a contemporary, high end boutique hotel…you have found it. If you have any special request…please email them a head of time…trust me when I tell you they will do EVERYTHING they can to accommodate your request. I am speaking from experience. This is a very DETAILED and CUSTOMER ORIENTED hotel. It's one of my favourites in Toronto. I had such a great time that I am returning again with husband and son this July.

I am excited and looking forward to another wonderful stay. I hope my review has given you some insight into this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent hotel - the rooms are very spacious, tastefully decorated and well appointed making it possible to relax and enjoy your stay without having to leave the hotel - a real find as far as large city hotels are concerned. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Excellent restaurants in the area. Susan and Gregory did an outstanding job in suggesting locations to dine at and getting our evenings arranged. Understanding we liked jazz music - Gregory arranged a table at a local jazz club without our knowing and had us informed at dinner that the table was available if we were interested. Where do you find this kind of service? Really impressed. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed there for 3 days and the were some snaks and drinks in the fridge, nobody had mentioned anything to me regarding these stuffs, so I consume some of those to find at the check out they they have charged me for every single items I had and the prices is so high as I could get it in any convenience store for quarter the price.

6 Thank Draltaee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Recommend this downtown spot. Outstanding poppy, contemporary menu that is world class. Tight (though not large) international wine list, smallish though cosy, comfy room. Good bathroom with big shower rose (important!!). Nice lounge area off the restaurant and reception that is open, comfy, modern, low lighting and well served by a nice team.
Will lock this place in as my Toronto camping ground.

• Stayed May 2014
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Tastytucker,

I’m glad that we fit the bill for all of your urban camping needs, and we’ll be sure to keep the site pristine for you. Ostentatious isn’t really our style, so it’s great that you appreciated our carefully thought-out food and beverage offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Toronto.

Happy trails,

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here the night of a concert we were attending at the ACC. It was also our 25th anniversary and my birthday. I emailed the hotel with my reservation and told them it was our anniversary and they had a fruit plate with Chocolate syrup for dipping waiting upon our arrival. It was such a nice surprise. WOW! What a fantastic hotel.

Their parking service rocks, the rooms are to die for, and the location can not be beat! There is a little mall area in the basement that has a liquor store so you can grab a bottle of Ontario wine and enjoy in your room. They have a carafe and REAL wine glasses in room too. Also, there are water stations in the hallway to take ice cold, "citrised" water back to your room with you.

But the room layout is the most impressive. Huge shower in the middle of the room and VIEW of CN tower is fantastic at night. Beds are super comfortable....I never wanted to get up. If you are having an anniversary or other special occasion....book this! Totally worth it! I think our room was around $250 a night. We paid maybe $30 for valet parking but if you have to park somewhere else close by, you will have to pay that anyway and this way we did not have to fight concert goers for parking spaces. Everything was right there!

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It is only 8 floors high so the best view is really facing west, toward CN tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jewels64Ontario
Dear jewels64Ontario,

We also can’t wait for you to come back! Thanks for trusting us to help you celebrate two very big special occasions. We’re glad that we could help make the experience special: a toast just isn’t the same with a stemless glass!

Please let us know when you’ll be back, and we’ll help recreate the experience.

Wishing you a happy year,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Pros:
- Next to Union Train/Subway station
- Breakfast service is fast and convenient
- Nice, well designed rooms
- Very competitive prices: $225 per night
- Longos (a huge grocery store) is inside the same building complex.
Cons:
- The only thing I think they can improve is the blinds. They do not block the light very well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Negroycanche
Dear Negroycanche,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We take sleep seriously, so if you have a moment, please let me know which room you were in so we can ensure that our maintenance team has a look at the blinds.

We’re happy you stayed with us, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,