“Modern room, clean, Milton-brown products”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sydney, Australia
“Modern room, clean, Milton-brown products”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks in business visit. Modern and clean hotel room. Love the see through open bathroom (adjustable with blinds). Firm bed and nice pillows. Molton-brown bathroom products. Adjustable lighting. Room service was good. Not the most central location, but there were basketball game when I stayed there. Crowded and noisy. Not much food and restaurants around, but has a large supermarket next door.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jade C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've stayed at 2 Le Germain hotels in Toronto and both times it's been the best sleep of my life! The stylish decor of this hotel make it stand apart from it's 'brand name' counterparts. The staff goes the extra mile. We were treated to a bottle of wine and a dessert upon arrival. The buffet breakfast included in the morning was one of the best I've had.

Definitely recommend this hotel for those who have a bit of a bigger budget - well worth it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheMellybooProject
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear The MellybooProject,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. As someone who takes sleep seriously, I felt very proud to know that we helped you achieve a new benchmark.

We look forward to seeing you back whenever you feel the need to recharge.

Best,

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My cousin got married NYE, the reception was at aria Ristorante. So we booked a room at this hotel (being directly across the street). Our stay was fantastic. Check in was simple and fast. The room itself was beautiful. The decor was modern and simplistic which was just enough. We ordered room service, the sandwiches were fantastic, and it felt like it only took 5 minutes, very fast. We also booked massages, they were great. The bed was extremely comfortable, I believe the pillows were down feathered, and the mattress had to be memory foam, I did not want to get out of that bed, it was like sleeping in heaven. The hotel offers valet parking which was very helpful, you didn't have to worry about where to park. The hotel staff were very pleasant and very helpful with everything. We needed a wheelchair for a family member and they brought us one right away. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Coral L,

You really know how to celebrate a wedding! Thanks for making us a part of it.

Our pillows have feathers in the centre, which are wrapped in down. This helps keep the “fluffiness” but still allows the pillow to conform to any/every shape.

If ever you want to celebrate your cousin’s anniversary, we’ll have our massage therapists on stand-by.

Thanks very much for sharing,

Murray Henderson

Director of Rooms Division
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked directly via hotel website, room was very spacious and clean with modern decoration. I love the bathroom design which separated toilet, shower and basin. I have to mention their shower gel it smelled so good even better than any fragrance! Besides, this hotel owns the softest bed I've ever slept, it made me speechless.

hotel was just 5 minutes walk from union station (this station was under construction for a long time). lobby was not that huge and there's a bar next to it. Concierge service was impressive, she just gave me more information than I inquired. I did enjoy their recommended restaurant a lot. It's a pity we only stayed one night, will come back if I go visit Toronto again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Recently stayed for 6 nights at Hotel Le Germain in Maple Leaf Square. We had a room on the 5th floor on the back of the building overlooking the office building across the courtyard. The room was large, particularly compared to what you would get in other cities. We arrived late on a Sunday night but the staff were very welcoming assisting with the bags and getting us checked in very efficiently. The valet parking service was very good but is premium priced, however, considering the location, you would probably end up paying a similar price if you self parked.

The breakfast selection was good and everything was nice and fresh and replenished regularly. The staff were also a great help, offering to get you things (like soy milk) that weren't on display.

Normally will only get one key for a hotel room, but due to the system used for the lighting you are better of getting two if there is more than one person otherwise you have to leave someone in the dark if one of you wishes to go out!

The room was very warm, leading us to have the AC on most of the time, although the fan was quite noisy. The other thing that could be improved were the blinds in the room. There was a blackout blind then a normal blind in front of it. They weren't the most robust design and also not very effective at keeping light out.

The hotel is well situated for the Air Canada Centre, CN Tower, Skydome (Rogers Centre) and also for the PATH that runs from Union Station to other parts of Downtown, very useful when it is raining!

Considering the price paid, I would definitely return to the hotel and will be sure to stay there again should I find myself in Toronto. A great choice for anyone looking to stay in this part of Toronto.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave F
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel, modren, new n clean. I stayed in the 8th floor room 810 for 5 nights, its the top floor but there is a group of kids playing in the balcony just few floor below, every morning at around 9am. Its abit annoying honestly....
Besides, most hotel will hv complimentary bottles of water in the room, but hv to get drinking water in the corridor by myself. Its ok for me to do so, but sometimes not convinence when u feel thirsty in the sleep.
Enjoy the complimentery nespesso.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Cam C
NYC
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during a business trip. Found the hotel staff to be very nice, rooms were clean. Breakfast was included and I'm glad I went, the scones were delicious. So good I had two. Great location if you are going to a game. Hotel connects to a bar with lots of beer selections. Also connects to great restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014