“Excellent and extremely responsive”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Amazing room with view of waterfront and CN Tower. The TV behind the bathroom mirror was fun for all. Service was exceptionally responsive when we had a problem with breakfast - breakfast buffet was excellent once problem with keeping food hot was resolved.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mildred2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I can't rave enough about the Ritz Carlton Toronto. Upon arrival our corner suite was ready so we dropped our bags and were swooped up by the house Mercedes for an afternoon of shopping and dinner. When we returned to the hotel our room was prepared for the night the living room pullout was made was ready for the kids and our delightful king room was humming music from the Bose and wine was out on the wine tray for our selection. The gorgeous pool and spa were a nice touch after a day of travel and helped wind the kids down. This was the most beautiful Ritz Carlton I have stayed in and I have stayed in quite a few internationally and throughout the US. The staff is very professional but most importantly friendly and eager to please. We did not dine in the hotel restaurant but we ordered room service for breakfast and the food was delicious with many extras. After a smooth checkout we received our car washed and ready for the road home.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 6 August 2012

It was my first time visiting Toronto. The hotel staff was excellent. The staff was very impressive. After one meeting staff members greeted me by name on every occasion. The Spa was the best I have ever had. The Toca restaurant, was even better. We ate breakfast there twice. Fresh fruit, meat eggs, bagels. Also the things that were already prepared, they would make for you. I would like to give a special shout to the hostess at Toca she was amazing and so humble. She greated us by name before we even was upon here and remember where we sat at the day before, I class act. I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is a great hotel. Great service, great concierge. The rooms are really big, clean and beautiful. The restrooms in the rooms are great. The lobby is awesome. Good food. Excellent price!!! Its a little far for some places. But will come again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 2 August 2012

What an amazing experience! This hotel is top notch. The staff goes above and beyond. Most importantly, they must really like what they do! From the guest service attendant Lindsay, who reached out before my stay to Patty in the bar. Everyone was so kind and anticipated my needs, before I even knew I had them. I have stayed at several other Ritz Carlton's and found them very stuffy and formal. The staff here was genuinely friendly and very helpful. The drinks at the outdoor bar were beyond good, especially the Mojiito and Pina Colada. The Black Cod served at TOCA was beyond words delicious! The pool and hot tub are the perfect temp with great views of the CN Tower. This is a hotel, I can't afford to stay at often, but it is certainly worth EVERY PENNY! Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Jenga555
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Ritz. I'm not sure of the age, but the hotel seemed quite new. We had a corner suite with a small living room and 1 & 1/2 baths. We've stayed at other nice hotels in Toronto such as the four seasons, but the rooms at the ritz were much higher in quality. We would book here again, without question. Service at the front desk and concierge was excellent.

We had drinks and snacks at DEQ. Service was a bit slow at first, but drinks and food were good. We ate at the buffet both mornings and enjoyed it. Service was very attentive and they will cook you eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc at no extra charge. Again, food was good, but not outstanding. As I said, it was good enough that we ate there twice.

Room Tip: The corner suite was worth the extra charge, if you like a bit more space.
Reviewed 1 August 2012

From start to finish, the staff, facilities and experience of this hotel are marvellous. I stayed in a spotless and luxurious guest room on the 6th floor which had a patio. The room service was impeccable and the food delicious. The spa on the 5th floor is probably one of the most enjoyable I've used in ages. Overall, the Ritz-Carlton Toronto is worth every penny. I cannot wait to stay over again.

Room Tip: 6th floor room with attached patio is delightful.