“Always a great stay”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at quite a few RC's over the last few months. I would have to say RC Toronto is one of the best, especially love the service on their club floor. Scott and his team are always unfailingly polite, going the extra mile no matter the request. Last stay was in September, unfortunately can't; get back to sometime in the new year, looking forward to a return trip

Room Tip: Go for club level, definitely worth it, but you will be well treated no matter what you book.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is the spot to stay, from the bar attached to the lobby to the amazing rooms, this is the spot. The service was great at check-in and the valet guys had great input to other options besides valet (if I'm parking my car for 3 days straight and won't see it, I don't need to pay the expense of valet).

Rooms were of decent size (had 2 queen size beds), and the sheets were amazing. Of course the towels were oversized like most Ritz's...a feature I really like.

Best part, after a long night out, an early morning swim in the salt pool is awesome.

This is the place to be seen.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

After trying other luxury hotels in downtown TO (Four Seasons, Sangri-la, Trump and Windsor Arms) we have settled for the Ritz as our preferred hotel for stays during weekend visits to the city. The location is particularly convenient for the Opera House, Theatres, AGO or TIFF Lightbox center among other ammenities

The hotel has a lot to offer aside from the outstanding rooms. Great dinning at TOCA, fun entertainment late night drinks at DEQ and a superb SPA where we could spend entire days....

The service is first notch and everybody smiles to you no matter where you are; they are definitively committed to make your stay pleasurable and want to make sure that you are coming back

Small details that got my attention: fresh flowers in every corner, impeccable valet service and care of the front door, heated floors in the room washroom, subtle but always present security, etc...

The spa is, in my view, the best in town and worth to visit even if you are not staying in the hotel, gym facilities, indoor pool and other amenities in the spa are fantastic.

Our room was not ready when we checked in and got an upgrade to a corner suit without asking.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Overall, I was disappointed with my stay. I called the hotel ahead of time to say that I would be staying at the hotel to celebrate an anniversary. I paid for a room on the Club Level and asked ahead of time if I could have a view of the Cien Tower. When we checked in there were no club level rooms facing the Cien Tower and we were put in a room right next to the elevators. There was also no mention of our anniversary. I called the hotel ahead of time to say that we were celebrating a special occasion and it would have been nice for some acknowledgement of that. Oh well, this was not a big deal.

Next, we went to the Club Lounge to enjoy a beverage and a snack. I found the service here to be absolutely dreadful. Scott from the Club Lounge should not be in an area where exceptional service is expected. Scott was rude and made me feel like I was bothering him with my requests. We did not stay in the lounge for very long, and I was beginning to regret paying the extra money to upgrade.

We really enjoyed our couples massage in the spa. Jill the spa manager, made sure everything was perfect and she was extremely helpful and accommodating.

We did not eat at the hotel because we wanted to explore the city of Toronto. However, the next time I am back in Toronto, I will not be staying in the Ritz. I will be staying at the Trump. I was not wowed by any aspect of this hotel and the service was not impressive at all.

6  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had reservations at the Ritz-Carlton as our first stop during our recent trip to eastern Canada. We had requested an early check-in and room upgrade, if available, as benefits of Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program. When we arrived at 2:30pm on a Friday afternoon, we were told that our room wasn't ready and that they had no upgrades available due to 100% occupancy that weekend. My wife and I were rather upset after our long drive there, and the hotel staff were quite apologetic. After checking our bags, we were given complimentary service in their lounge, and decided to just relax for a bit. Fifteen minutes later, we were told our room was ready and that we were upgraded to a beautiful and spacious suite, turning our frowns to smiles in seconds. The rest of our stay was absolutely outstanding, in a beautiful hotel, in a great part of town that gave us complete access to everything we wanted to do in the city. The staff couldn't be more accommodating, the concierge service was superb, the hotel is magnificent (and has an elevator that takes one directly to the PATH "underground city", allowing us to walk underground to some of our destinations during a rainy day) and the food and service in their awesome restaurant, TOCA, just can't be topped! Need I say more? All of this is why we stay with the Ritz-Carlton whenever possible. Bravo!

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Ritz Carlton in Toronto. During the weeks and days before our trip, we recieved several emails from the hotel asking if we needed anything, if we had special requests, etc. I thought that was a great touch. It's nice to have a hotel actively prepping for your visit. The hotel was very nice, very clean and had modern decor. The staff was truly amazing with their level of customer service. Very well done! The location of the hotel was perfect. Right in the middle of downtown. Our room was gorgeous and had a great view of the city. The tiles in the foyer and bathroom were heated (you could adjust the level). Tip: we stayed on the 19th floor. Floor 19 and 20 are club level.
The spa: the Ritz spa was wonderful. The spaces were relaxing and large. My massage with Ruth was outstanding! Definitely get a massage while you are there.

Overall, I would say that we truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our Toronto weekend at the Ritz-Carlton was enhanced by the attentive service and smiling faces of Ritz Carlton staff. Not all Ritz-Carltons are the same and in my mind the difference between the properties usually is defined by location and service. This hotel is set toward the western end of downtown but basically within a half mile walk of almost everything you need to see. Upon arrival (early afternoon) we were checked in without delay and had an end room facing north.

The rooms are decent-sized, with a modern finish-out (more typical Ritz-Carlton). However, the Bose sound machine had the old 30-pin connections for pre-iPhone5 - no lightning here. The bathroom is spacious and modern, too. They have a "behind the mirror" flat screen so you can watch Canadian TV while you shave (not recommended). The shower is fitted with a handheld nozzle as well as overhead shower but water pressure is pretty average and there is no adjustment on either showerhead.

In our experience the service here was top-notch. No slackers. Check-in desk was friendly and knowledgeable, housekeeping was extremely friendly, even asking if we wanted take some bottled water on our departure. Breakfast at Toca was extremely civilized (it's a great space - very comfortable) and wait staff was equally attentive. Upon departure, valet helped with car service to the airport and showed good hustle with a positive attitude. We had a great trip with no complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Spa, health club and pool on the 5th floor. Need to use the card key in the elevator if going to cl...