“Great Hotel Downtown”

Ranked #6 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
banff
“Great Hotel Downtown”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here in September and had a great stay. The room was well appointed with beautiful views of the Tower. The location was perfect a 5 minute walk to anywhere. We only had to the chance to eat in Deck which has a great terrace with a beautiful ambance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New York, NY
Reviewed 25 March 2014

As some background, we are a young professional couple who prefer to stay at Ritz properties during our weekend trips. Most recently, we traveled to Toronto for St. Patrick's Day weekend. I cannot express my gratitude enough for the care and service we received during this trip.

We arrived early on Friday morning, and they permitted an early check-in at 10am. We were upgraded to an incredible suite with a view of the CN Tower - a complete surprise! I called a week in advance to arrange for surprise cannolis to be delivered upon our arrival. The concierge went out of their way to walk to a great Italian restaurant (Buca), create a hand written note, and set up in the room prior to our arrival. They were also instrumental in the restaurant selection process. We are big foodies and love to experience the best cities have to offer. Their brunch, lunch, and dinner selections were spot on. We are so grateful.

The property is located in a great area - very walkable. Everything is clean and new. The room was silent and the perfect temperature. We did not take advantage of room service or the hotel's dining options because we were too busy exploring. We tried to visit the pool one evening, but it was filled with small children.

All in all, this was the best Ritz experience we've had. This staff is spectacular and it will be hard to top this experience on our next weekend trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HillyD24
TimTerceira, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful feedback. I am proudly sharing this with our ladies and gentlemen who I am so fortunate to have on our special team. Providing genuine care for our guests is truly our highest mission and as well as being empowered to create unique and memorable experiences.

Warm regards and thank you
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I recently spent a night at this beautiful hotel to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. I have to say that we definitely made the right choice among the many luxury properties available in Toronto. From the moment we were greeted by the valet upon arrival to the check in to the bellman who took us upstairs to our room we felt like royalty. Everyone on staff of the hotel made us feel welcome. We were taken up to room 1708 with a spectacular view of the lake and the CN Tower. The room is spacious with all the luxury amenities. The decor is very classy, the bed and pillows are super comfortable. A very nice touch was two red balloons and two cupcakes along with a note to wish us a Happy Anniversary. We could not have asked for anything else.

Room Tip: choose higher floors for the best views of the lakefront
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank awningsman
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. Congratulations on your 33rd Anniversary and we hope to be welcome you back for many more to come!
I will proudly share your comments with our ladies and gentlemen. I know they take great pride in representing The Ritz-Carlton Brand and the joy and genuine satisfaction to know they have had such a positive impact on your enjoyment and experience.

Warm regards
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here for an event in TO (even though I live in TO) and received amazing service. The check-in was a bit slow (the Guest Service attendant was on the telephone), but the concierge stepped in and took great care of my family and I. We missed the evening snack in the lounge (which was in-house made miniature desserts), when we returned to our suite, to our surprise, the concierge left us a plate of these desserts in our room!

• Stayed June 2013
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel last weekend. The rooms were very good. The reception service was good. Restaurant service was excellent. The door man and valet parking did not appear to be enthusiastic. They looked bored and preoccupied. Perhaps RC should invest in a good winter overcoat for the valet parkers. I gave my keys to a guy at the door and then wondered if I gave the keys to the right person. He had a regular jacket on top of his uniform!!
The car was brought back without water etc. Overall service is not like Four Seasons or Trump.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 615Sudbury
TimTerceira, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and thank you also for your feedback - it is greatly appreciated. I was pleased to learn that your experiences in our Restaurant, Reception and Guest room were very good and worth your mention; I was however disappointed to learn that your Door and Car Valet experience was not at the same level. Please know that we have followed up with our "front of house" team and they are genuinely sorry and concerned not to have lived up to your or our expectation to always deliver Ritz-Carlton's "Legendary Service".

I hope you will provide us with another opportunity to provide the level of service and experiences you have enjoyed and expect; and I invite you to contact me directly.
Warm regards
Tim

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
416 572 8010
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Booked via Marriott site using points. A few days before check in, I was contacted by the concierge service to ensure they were ready for me.... Wow. Check in was courteous, friendly and classy.

The room was superb, large, well appointed, with a large LED TV fridge, Nespresso system with excellent espresso, king bed, great view of the city, Large bathroom with heated floor, TV embedded in mirror, separate shower and bath.

The gym was well equipped with ellipticals, treadmills, bikes, muscle exercising machines. The pool was a bit small and shallow but the area was pleasant. The spa was great, sex separated, with school jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, robes, sandals, and a guest lounge with snacks. Upscale!

I didn't not use the restaurant premise. Gold members get free Wi-Fi but no lounge access (I was told they serve light appetizers, booze, and Continental breakfast) but it would have cost me 75$ for access.

If you have a chance, try this place...

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night on March 8th along with my sister and brother-in-law. Both couples had corner rooms on the 16th floor along with Club access. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was very friendly in all departments and the food and drink were wonderful in the lounge. This was a great, quiet spot to relax after a busy day in Toronto. We will definitely stay here again when visiting Toronto.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple