“Ritz I look forward to seeing you again.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #5 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Ritz I look forward to seeing you again.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Spa is the reason I go and that beautiful grand piano they have on site.

Room:
I really enjoyed the tv illusion-ed in the mirror in the bathroom of while I took a sea salt soak in the tub. (I personally cleaned this tub myself before I got in although it was already clean by health standards)
The bed was magnificently comfortable. Amen.
Which leads me to the staff. Warm, friendly and very helpful. Any part of the hotel I was in, I experienced that common thread among the staff.
I love staying here, I want to live here....almost. ;)
The valet and bellhops are very nice and the hotel staff is very good helping you with directions to wherever you may need to go downtown Toronto.

The bar/restaurant that is pass the lobby with the fire place.... I love love love. Maybe it's the ambiance? Maybe it's the service? The food is good and that's okay. The ambiance and the service make it a great place to have tea or cocktails.
And of slower days, it's so ultra quiet and peaceful.

It's good to just stop by even if you're on your way to an event downtown, it's a great place to go have a drink before hand and meet with your girlfriends. (This is for the young laid back chill kind of person)

Ritz I can't wait to see you again.

Room Tip: If you book a Spa Treatment of up to or over a certain amount $$$$ you then get to utilize all the S...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The more reviews I put on Trip Advisor the pickier I get and notice more things. However I cannot fault this hotel at all. Great room, all of the staff were friendly and welcoming and seemed to genuinely want us to enjoy our stay.

Location is good, 5 mins to CN Tower and a further 10 mins to Harbour Front, its about 30mins walk to the Eaton Centre but you can pick up the Sightseeing Tour bus at the CN Tower to get around.

Good choice for breakfast and lovely cocktails in the bar, would definitely recommend and would love to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed with my wife on business in Toronto for 4 nights over easter. Arrived from the airport (long transatlantic flight) by taxi at around 10pm. We were both really tired but check in was quick and easy.

Our room was a corner suite on the 12th floor, the room was huge and really well turned out. A spacious living area with desk, Bose sound system, TV and Sofa. Bathroom fully decked out in marble, 2 WC's, Bathtub, Rainforest shower, TV in the mirror ... the works. Bedroom had huge super king bed, so comfortable as would be expected of Ritz Carlton.
Location was downtown, a little quiet over Easter but easily able to walk to all areas and near the subway.
The service was outstanding especially the concierge staff Melinda and Hanna and Irene from reception, anything I asked for was no problem and achieved with a smile.
I didn't use the pool or gym but they seemed ok.

Room service was good, the in hotel restaurant really nice.

In summary I stay at many hotels throughout the world, the best are always the ones in asia. They have a level that is unmatched anywhere. American and Canadian hotels normally lag far behind but for the first time I found one that came close to that Asian standard.

I will be coming back to Toronto many times and will try and stay at The Ritz-Carlton whenever I can.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dr_JRJ
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Purchased one of the packages that included breakfast for two and a $200 spa credit! The staff were very welcoming, accommodating and helpful. The room was very nice, beautiful view of the city, beautiful bathroom and nice bedding. Breakfast in the restaurant was very nice. The waitstaff was very pleasant and engaging. The spa...the spa...was the best part. Spent close to two hours all together including a one hour massage that was heaven. Very talented staff and the amenities were very nice. Would I make a return trip...yes, and stay longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
banff
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here in September and had a great stay. The room was well appointed with beautiful views of the Tower. The location was perfect a 5 minute walk to anywhere. We only had to the chance to eat in Deck which has a great terrace with a beautiful ambance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 25 March 2014

As some background, we are a young professional couple who prefer to stay at Ritz properties during our weekend trips. Most recently, we traveled to Toronto for St. Patrick's Day weekend. I cannot express my gratitude enough for the care and service we received during this trip.

We arrived early on Friday morning, and they permitted an early check-in at 10am. We were upgraded to an incredible suite with a view of the CN Tower - a complete surprise! I called a week in advance to arrange for surprise cannolis to be delivered upon our arrival. The concierge went out of their way to walk to a great Italian restaurant (Buca), create a hand written note, and set up in the room prior to our arrival. They were also instrumental in the restaurant selection process. We are big foodies and love to experience the best cities have to offer. Their brunch, lunch, and dinner selections were spot on. We are so grateful.

The property is located in a great area - very walkable. Everything is clean and new. The room was silent and the perfect temperature. We did not take advantage of room service or the hotel's dining options because we were too busy exploring. We tried to visit the pool one evening, but it was filled with small children.

All in all, this was the best Ritz experience we've had. This staff is spectacular and it will be hard to top this experience on our next weekend trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HillyD24
TimTerceira, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful feedback. I am proudly sharing this with our ladies and gentlemen who I am so fortunate to have on our special team. Providing genuine care for our guests is truly our highest mission and as well as being empowered to create unique and memorable experiences.

Warm regards and thank you
Tim Terceira
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I recently spent a night at this beautiful hotel to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. I have to say that we definitely made the right choice among the many luxury properties available in Toronto. From the moment we were greeted by the valet upon arrival to the check in to the bellman who took us upstairs to our room we felt like royalty. Everyone on staff of the hotel made us feel welcome. We were taken up to room 1708 with a spectacular view of the lake and the CN Tower. The room is spacious with all the luxury amenities. The decor is very classy, the bed and pillows are super comfortable. A very nice touch was two red balloons and two cupcakes along with a note to wish us a Happy Anniversary. We could not have asked for anything else.

Room Tip: choose higher floors for the best views of the lakefront
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank awningsman
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. Congratulations on your 33rd Anniversary and we hope to be welcome you back for many more to come!
I will proudly share your comments with our ladies and gentlemen. I know they take great pride in representing The Ritz-Carlton Brand and the joy and genuine satisfaction to know they have had such a positive impact on your enjoyment and experience.

Warm regards