“Great hotel, great location.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #5 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is fantastic. Great downtown location so in easy reach of great tourist sights. The hotel itself has two great restaurants and a lovely bar. The staff are super friendly and there is a hotel car that will drop you off locally which is really useful. The rooms are very comfortable with generous bathrooms and beds that you won't want to get out off. The spa was amazing - had the most incredible massage. The gym was average size with good equipment. The executive lounge was excellent and the staff were terrific and very helpful. Thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was recommended to stay here from a close friend who has high expectations from places that she stays, so I knew I'd be in for a treat. From the moment I arrived I knew that this hotel would be special. All of the staff are friendly and not in that forced American way but in a really warm and genuine way (it must be the Canadian nature). Check-in wasn't seamless due to my booking not being made correctly but the guys on the desk dealt with the issue in a professional way and had me on my way to my room in no time. The room was spotless and the bed totally divine. I had a room that entitled me to Exec. Club Lounge access and this is the real treat. The staff in the Lounge take no time to address you by name and also act as an additional Concierge (the ladies who run Concierge at Reception are EXCEPTIONAL). There is a great full size gym, with Personal Trainers at hand. The location is walking distance to most of Toronto (on a warm day) and if you're going to see a Baseball match the stadium is 3 mins away, perfect. All in all I can't find fault in this hotel and if it's great service (with a smile) you're after then this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Tower or the water.
1  Thank showbizandi
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have recently stayed at the hotel From the moment we arrived to the time that we left, we received great care and service. The staff were amazing ensuring that our every need was looked after. We felt very special and pampered during our weekend stay.
We definitley will come back.

Doug & Helen- Collingwood

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

From the time we arrived the valet to check in were very friendly And welcoming. The room was spotless and bery comfortable as were the beds. The bathroom large and very modern the TV in the mirror was very cool.
Would stsy here again with out hesitation. Its location to all attractions, Steam Whistle,Riplys Aquarium, CN Tower and Dome, all with in easy walking distance.
The hotel provided us a car and driver to take us to lunch, nice touch if available.
This is a high end hotel so if on a budget this is not for you. Lots of perks and extra service so of course lots if tipping. I loved it.

This is a very pri

Room Tip: View on line. Pick lake view.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Spa is the reason I go and that beautiful grand piano they have on site.

Room:
I really enjoyed the tv illusion-ed in the mirror in the bathroom of while I took a sea salt soak in the tub. (I personally cleaned this tub myself before I got in although it was already clean by health standards)
The bed was magnificently comfortable. Amen.
Which leads me to the staff. Warm, friendly and very helpful. Any part of the hotel I was in, I experienced that common thread among the staff.
I love staying here, I want to live here....almost. ;)
The valet and bellhops are very nice and the hotel staff is very good helping you with directions to wherever you may need to go downtown Toronto.

The bar/restaurant that is pass the lobby with the fire place.... I love love love. Maybe it's the ambiance? Maybe it's the service? The food is good and that's okay. The ambiance and the service make it a great place to have tea or cocktails.
And of slower days, it's so ultra quiet and peaceful.

It's good to just stop by even if you're on your way to an event downtown, it's a great place to go have a drink before hand and meet with your girlfriends. (This is for the young laid back chill kind of person)

Ritz I can't wait to see you again.

Room Tip: If you book a Spa Treatment of up to or over a certain amount $$$$ you then get to utilize all the S...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The more reviews I put on Trip Advisor the pickier I get and notice more things. However I cannot fault this hotel at all. Great room, all of the staff were friendly and welcoming and seemed to genuinely want us to enjoy our stay.

Location is good, 5 mins to CN Tower and a further 10 mins to Harbour Front, its about 30mins walk to the Eaton Centre but you can pick up the Sightseeing Tour bus at the CN Tower to get around.

Good choice for breakfast and lovely cocktails in the bar, would definitely recommend and would love to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed with my wife on business in Toronto for 4 nights over easter. Arrived from the airport (long transatlantic flight) by taxi at around 10pm. We were both really tired but check in was quick and easy.

Our room was a corner suite on the 12th floor, the room was huge and really well turned out. A spacious living area with desk, Bose sound system, TV and Sofa. Bathroom fully decked out in marble, 2 WC's, Bathtub, Rainforest shower, TV in the mirror ... the works. Bedroom had huge super king bed, so comfortable as would be expected of Ritz Carlton.
Location was downtown, a little quiet over Easter but easily able to walk to all areas and near the subway.
The service was outstanding especially the concierge staff Melinda and Hanna and Irene from reception, anything I asked for was no problem and achieved with a smile.
I didn't use the pool or gym but they seemed ok.

Room service was good, the in hotel restaurant really nice.

In summary I stay at many hotels throughout the world, the best are always the ones in asia. They have a level that is unmatched anywhere. American and Canadian hotels normally lag far behind but for the first time I found one that came close to that Asian standard.

I will be coming back to Toronto many times and will try and stay at The Ritz-Carlton whenever I can.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business