“loved every minute....”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 5 August 2014

i just returned from a one night stay at The Ritz. The place and service are superb. Beds are really soft and pool is great... The location is also near lots of eateries and stores. The front desk people are a gem!
My only complaint: once you arrive, valet takes your car... nice touch! until you get the bill for just valet= 48.00 !
Overall. class all the way

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank exquisite t
Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went to the spa with a friend as a birthday treat. After our massages, we went back to the changing area. In the changing area, there was a woman who was in a terrible mood and was walking around in a huff. This woman pushed past my friend and accused her loudly of keeping her locker door open which prevented her from being able to walk freely in the locker room. She then went on to yell at my friend and call her some very derogatory terms which I will not repeat here. The other customers in the locker room were shocked as well and were trying to console my friend. I was so upset and reported this to management. I expected more from them, they just quietly told us they were sorry and quickly ushered us out of the spa. Needless to say, it ruined our day and I was just shocked at how they handled it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Samantha T
TimTerceira, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Samantha,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the behavior of the other client described and can only imagine how unsettling and awkward it would have been for yourself, friend and other guests. This is a most unusual event and only wish we had been more responsive at the time. Please contact me directly at 416 572 8010 so myself and our Spa Director may personally follow up with you on this experience.

Sincerely
Tim Terceira

Reviewed 29 July 2014

You can feel he quality and service upon arrival. Anything you can ask for, they will take care of. Location is great. The rooms are well maintained and you feel at home while in the room. The only thing about this hotel that is not above 5 star quality is the pool. I know the hotel is in the middle of downtown, so no expectation of excellent pool. With that said, the pool is not important at all. This hotel is ALL about service! You can't beat the service from the valet, front desk, room service, restaurant, housekeeping, etc. If you go to Toronto, this is a must place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Central location. Smart design. Legendary service. A winning combination that sets the bar high for other Toronto 5 star hotel. A special thank you to Hanna who provided exceptionally friendly and helpful advice as the concierge. Thank you and well done!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

After an awful & I mean awful experience in customs, I arrived at the Ritz with my heart still pounding in my chest. Guillermo took me from the cab and ushered me into paradise and bought me a drink before I even checked in, Insta-om!
He singlehandedly erased all the nastiness in my arrival to Toronto.
The hotel is brand new, perfectly located and very, very chic. Gary and Melinda were both incredibly helpful @ the concierge desk. Subway and cabs (USE UBER) were easy to grab near the hotel. Guillermo came to the rescue again with the house car! My friend and I had a lovely ride to dinner one night. Outdoor lounge was a nice place for a cocktail. Great people watching! I can't say enough good things about this hotel & it's stellar staff. It's a shame the customs agents can't take a lesson from the Ritz.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kimberly g
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the ritz for two nights in a lake view corner suite. Service was superb. Greetings upon checkout and departure were plentiful and staff very helpful. Offered a flute of champagne when we had to wait in checkin line. Concierge very helpful and recommended a great affordable restaurant as well as anytime tickets to aquarium. Get the anytime tickets as ticket purchase line at venue is very long even on weekday! Rooms were beautifully furnished although I was pretty disappointed in my lakeview view. It was a lower floor so saw lower section of the cn tower and some of the lake amidst the downtown buildings. Not worth the extra money charged for the view room. I asked for a new room and when none were available, they did comp the breakfast which was appreciated. Breakfast buffet at toca's was $35/per person so pretty pricey but very good and nice food selection. Location was great as it is right across the street from the aquarium, the cn tower, and the baseball stadium. Many restaurants on king street to chose from. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A luxurious hotel with high end amenities - marble floors at the room entry, large bathroom with a separate shower and tub, cool TV in the mirror feature and double sinks, refrigerator stocked with drinks (for purchase), clean, comfortable bed, and tasteful furniture, heated floors and dimmers for light fixtures. The room was immaculate and well-maintained. In-room coffee was really good, one of the best I've had, and 2 complimentary bottles of water are provided daily.

Service was great - housekeeping was stellar and turn down service was provided at night. When I asked for additional coffee cups, it was promptly delivered. When you arrive, the doorman alerts reception so check-in is pretty quick. Reception staff made me feel very welcomed.

Wifi is available for purchase and speeds were good for emails and web surfing.

I found the lobby quite small, and not too impressive. It gets a bit crowded and becomes inconvenient if you are in a hurry to leave in the morning. Not that the hotel can do anything about it, but just an observation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business