“Excellent service!”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Hotel is amazing and we really loved the food and service at the Stock restaurant.
Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Eric_Blair_84
Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I booked a suite for one night. As we entered the hotel, the doormen were very pleasant and our bags were taken immediately by a courteous employee named Josh. At the check in desk we felt very welcome as if the staff were actually happy to see us. We were literally treated like VIP, as were all of our guests who came to visit that night.

The amenities of the room were fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed the automated system for the lights, blinds, heated floors for the washrooms and a TV in every room. They even thought of the small details, such as providing an ipod/iphone charging dock and a usb charging cable.

Breakfast at Stock restaurant, located on the 31st floor, was both healthy and delicious. Flavorful cheeses and freshly squeezed juice accompanied the delicious breakfast options and the home-made yogurt was fantastic.

During our checkout we were taken care of by Kervin Van Den Meijdenberg, who was very accommodating and pleasant. We would definitely recommend staying at Trump Hotel, in our opinion it is the best hotel in the GTA and we will be returning.

1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I am currently staying at the hotel and loving every minute. The suites are immaculate, very high standard.
The baths are huge and I have taken great pleasure taking a bath and watching a movie on the built in tv in the bathroom mirror!

Bed is so so comfortable.

The best part of the hotel is the service the staff give you. They call you by name, nothing is too much bother for them, very attentive. They have an attaché service which was second to none and the lady we had took care of everything was 100% perfect in every way, could not fault her.

Stock restaurant presented beautiful food, I had the fillet topped with crab, outstanding!

I have so much praise for this hotel, from the food at the STOCK restaurant to the maids, concierge, front desk, spa, bar servers, the general manager (who brought ice to our room - so very hands on which I thought was wonderful!), the door men, guys who take your luggage to the room, are amazing! They love to assist you, even if just to chat with you whilst waiting for people, just very caring, honest people who all love their jobs!

Great value for money in every way!

You must try this hotel. I leave in 2 days and am tempted to extend my stay another few nights!

WOW and blown away sums up my feelings.

To the staff if they get to read this, keep up the amazing work! You guys are outstanding and you will never fail with the attitude you all have right now. Many congratulations so far and I hope for much success for you all in the future! Many thanks to you all for such a wonderful experience. :) :)

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank W2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Trump hotel is very new on the Toronto hotel scene and it shows. Everything is brand new. In town for one night and the Auto Show we decided to try it out. Rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable with a good working space. The beds are really comfortable and the linens high end, bathrooms are beautiful, with plenty of hot water. Stock restaurant for breakfast included in the room rate was very good with plenty of choices such as croissants, pastries, fresh juices and made to order egg dishes.I prefer this hotel to the Ritz Carlton. Would definitely stay again and it's also less expensive.

Room Tip: A corner room on a higher floor gives more light and great views, all rooms are spacious regardless.
6  Thank george b
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We have stayed in many hotels in the Toronto area, and this one ranks high among them, mainly because of service. Location-wise, it is located directly across the street from the Bay-Adelaide building and just north of other buildings, such as the Commerce Court complex.

After making our reservation, the "Attache" reservations staff took care of various requests, including providing the room service (aka In Room Dining) menu in advance. We were greeted by name on arrival. All of the lobby staff were expecting us and our pet. It's worth contacting them prior to arrival to ensure your expectations will be met.

By the way, small dogs do not merit an extra fee - a welcome reprieve from the rediculous policies of some other Toronto hotels. In fact, they provided him his own bed and he was given treats by the staff.

The standard king room had nice amenities. Lighting is largely coordinated through touch panels located throughout the room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room came standard with robes and slippers. Whenever we needed to reach someone for wake-up calls or advance in-room dining, for example, we were easily able to do so. A room tour was provided although I'm not sure it was necessary.

The bathroom is nice. There is a TV in the bathroom. The bathtub was large and would take a while to fill. The temperature controls on it were also a bit touchy. There was also a nice standup shower with plenty of room. "Q-tips" come with the room, perhaps a strange thing for me to notice, but always appreciated.

Newspapers are complimentary, although we did not receive the NY Times prior to our 7:30am departure, so a Canadian paper may be a better option.

Room service is expensive, as are many things about this hotel. In our experience the food did not match the other great things about this hotel. It was not enough to lower the rating of this hotel though.

Right now there appears to be an opening special which appears to be a reduction of approximately $50 and includes a breakfast credit. The pool is not open yet, a fact that did not impact us.

Top tip: Valet parking was $50.00. If you're not interested in paying that amount, and are only staying evening until morning, I recommend the impark lot at 22 Sheppard Street which only ran us $23.00 for the night.

6  Thank hoteluser
Reviewed 12 February 2012

As a travel agent I don't believe in just being negative - so read on the good after the bad-
we had corner rooms arranged for a 60th birthday celebration- with time spent on check in on the importance of having our rooms together- but our room doesnt have its own controls for its head- in fact all the rooms that end in "1" have heating issues- so if they knew why put us there- we literally had cold air and no heat- instead of moving us both (maybe they were sold out I dont know) to a higher end room- as they only offered rooms far away from each other on different floors, they brought up a heater for the room- we said it was fine because we didnt want to be apart - the purpose of the celebration. So in the end they offered to buy us each a drink- one drink for no heat? come on- holiday inn would do better and how they can even have a hotel room with no heat and no heat controls is beyond me.

Now the hotel is beautiful- the rooms are very nice - the beds are incredible- the bathrooms are excellent- bath towels are small but high quality- awesome shower, (water was cold but likely just an adjustment required)- views terrific- service and staff extremely attentive-

the restaurant bar at the top of the hotel is exceptional- gorgeous, with incredible food - for dinner or breakfast- will be a hot spot in the city for sure.

4  Thank leaffangoleafsgo
TrumpToronto, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay.

While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by the lack of heat within your room. I can confirm, we have the heating challenges identified and our Director of Engineering will have it rectified by the end of the week.

I am looking forward to personally discussing your previous stay with you in the coming days.

Mickael C. Damelincourt

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We had dinner at this new restaurant on Feb 11, 2012 - which was for my birthday.

There were definitely some positives and a few opportunities for improvement.

The areas of opportunity include:

1. They over cooked my steak

I ordered the tenderloin medium rare and it came out medium. When I mentioned it to our server, he agreed that it was in fact over cooked. He of course offered to have a new one cooked for me however I didn't want to wait for a 2nd steak so I ate the one they gave me. In the end, they offered us a complimentary dessert as a result which I thought was nice - having the steak taken off the bill would have been better however...

2. The View

This restaurant is on the 31st Floor of the Hotel which should boast nice views of downtown Toronto, however all of the windows had curtains on them blocking the views - not quite sure why.

3. The Hotel Lobby

From what we could see, you enter through the revolving door and the lobby consists of a concierge and front desk with a bar in the back.....very small and not that impressive. Maybe there was another entrance?

Now, onto the Positives

1. The Service

Our server, Darren, was great. Very responsive, knowledgable about the menu and wine list. The manager came around more than once to ask how we were enjoying ourselves.

2. The Size of the Restaurant

It is a small restaurant when compared to other hotel restaurants in Toronto - which to us was nice.

3. The Music

The DJ and music played was great! I had a chance to speak with the DJ towards the end of the night and it was clear based on our conversation that he is a professional DJ - not some kid who just downloaded a bunch of songs onto a playlist and hit shuffle. His music selections and mixes were perfect for the environment.

4. The Dessert

The staff added a candle to my dessert given that it was my birthday which was a nice touch. And the Molten Chocolate Cake was delicious!

All in all, I would say that we would give this restaurant another go for sure :)

2  Thank Paul M