“Great resturant and brand new 5 star hotel.”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Met a friend at stock resturant who was staying the weekend at Trump Hotel. He said he liked the great service, nice NEW, Clean rooms and overall was very nice.

But we both enjoyed one of the best steaks we have ever had at stock resturant. Amazing good quality steal.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Michaelgoestraveling
Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I had reserved a room for a couple of days in March but have fallen ill and therefore, unfortunately, had to cancel the trip and hotel room. Nevertheless, I would like to share my experience I had with my contact person from the reservation department, Mr. Eric Sinclair. Since I am from overseas, at my first contact with him, I had numerous questions which he patiently answered in a very pleasant manner. I once spoke with him over the phone and from then on via e-mail. My e-mails were always answered immediately. He is incredibly competent and once he told me he would have to ask his supervisor and get back to me in about 4 hours - well, sure enough, no minute later, I received his answer.
When I get the chance to travel to Toronto in September this year, I will surely book a room at the Trump and hope that everything else in the hotel is just as perfect as Mr. Sinclair. Thanks, Eric!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank travelfan5203
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel 3 weeks ago and it was a great experience, with some drawbacks. First of all, staff are clearly there to please, and make every effort to welcome you and provide great service. But when we checked in, our package included a room upgrade and breakfast. The front desk made no mention of these details. So when we got to the room I called to confirm and I was told oh yes - we upgraded your room. This is something you really ought to mention upon check in, otherwise how is the guest supposed to know?

The room itself was lovely. We were in a deluxe king suite, and it was beautiful. The fireplace was on when we walked in, and the staff made us feel so welcome and special. Shortly after we settled, there was a knock at the door and we were served with complimentary bottled water and an assortment of cookies and snacks. We asked for an extra robe (there were 3 of us) and some plates, and these were delivered right away.

I don't usually pay attention to the bathroom goodies, but it's worth mentioning. From a beautiful sugar scrub to body butter, combined with a deep soaker tub, it's a lovely experience.

A note about room service - disappointing. We ordered waffles and felt short changed - seems that we were given two orders of waffles but only one order of fruit and clotted cream. It left us feeling pretty hungry afterwards. The presentation of the waffles was pretty disappointing, let alone the Weight Watchers portion. For the price, we weren't impressed. Also, we ordered 'fresh squeezed orange juice" at a significant cost, and we were served Tropicana. I hate that.

All in all, the Trump hotel is a great new hotel and I'm excited to stay there again in the hopes that things improve. It really is a luxe experience, and hopefully management will keep a close eye on Trip Advisor and take this feedback into account.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tamara W
TrumpToronto, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Tamara,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

Thank you for acknowledging the attentiveness and friendliness of our associates however I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the communication upon check-in as well as the portions of in room dining and freshly squeezed orange juice. We are taking immediate steps to address the deficiencies you have noted and want to assure you that these types of occurrences are rare and do not reflect the level of service we aspire to.

It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to welcome you again for a very special occasion in the future.

Mickael C. Damelincourt

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Impressive, excellent, amazing, some of few words people may use to describe the hotel itself. However, the true quality of this establishment is the outstanding performance and service of the hotel staff. Never have I experienced this high a level of professionalism and utter most care for a client. Our family had recently stayed in the hotel as a birthday gift to my father for this 50th Birthday. Quality has been met on every level with doorman remembering his name and wishing him a happy birthday to the food that is served with the gorgeous architecture of the Stock Restaurant. An organization is nothing without the people that uphold its reputation, and Trump Tower has mastered the art of service and quality for their clients. Visit again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: This is an experienced a loved one or family member would enjoy to share with you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Priten M
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Five years ago in Toronto there wasn’t a lot of competition for premium luxury hotels but as of resent this isn’t the case. With the Hazelton Hotel, Ritz Carlton and the soon to be open Shangri La the newly opened Trump Toronto has some stiff competition.

My first time to the hotel was on February 14th with my girlfriend as we both had the day of to enjoy some time together and though what better activity then to take in the new Trump Toronto hotel. We arrived at the hotel around 3 pm on February 14th and my first observation was that the hotel was clearly still under construction. Second, the lobby wasn’t what I would suspect given that it was quite small and the accent colour was black. If you were to compare the lobby of the Royal York or the new Ritz Carlton they both have very grand entrances and this isn’t the case with the new Trump hotel. The staff were very friendly and eager to open the door and welcome us to the hotel which was a nice touch. Back to the colour, my girlfriend is in the design industry and black is certainly a fad colour so it is an interesting choice given that it isn’t timeless and more of a sheik colour that will soon enough be a has been.

There was a small lobby bar that we were hoping to get a drink in but it didn’t open in 4 pm and it was 3 pm. I found it odd that a hotel like Trump Tower wouldn’t open their lobby bar until 4 pm. The front desk directed us to the Stock Restaurant on the 31st floor and mentioned that there is a great view.

When we arrived on the 31st floor of the hotel again, everything is was black. No exaggeration – black leather, black curtains, black bar chairs, black, black and more black. As I am sure you are aware we weren’t wowed by the decor but were excited to see the view. To our surprise the huge windows in the bar had curtains that were closed so the only view was from one small window by the bar that you had to search to find. If we hadn’t just taken an elevator ride we could have very well been in the basement or main floor of the hotel which is a shame given that the view out the little window was quite nice.

Onto the drinks at Stock Restaurant – there was a very extensive wine list but the cheapest wine by the glass was $18 and you could pay almost any amount you wanted depending on the type of wine selected. We both decided that we were in to the mood for some cocktails so my girlfriend got a campari and soda and I asked for a rye and ginger. The waitress asked for what type of rye I wanted and I requested Crown Royal but they only had Forty Creek and Canadian Club. This just baffled me, what type of high end hotel doesn’t have Crown Royal? At the Ritz down the street they have 4 different types of Crown that include many different reserves. This is where I realized that Trump is an American brand and has done little to investigate the Canadian market in which they have opened a hotel in and instead offer their very normal non-luxury brands of rye - boring. I settled for the Forty Creek and ginger. Our server wasn’t very friendly or warm and seemed to be a bit snotty – I guess that is part of the Trump brand or perhaps it we had someone who was a little annoyed to be working on February 14th.

All in all our experience at Trump was mediocre – small lobby, black everyone which is very much the tacky Trump way, no local considerations, poor service. After we left Trump tower we went to the Ritz where we had absolutely unreal service, unbelievable drinks and some Canadian classics. In my opinion don’t waste your time with Trump hotel and go straight to a hotel that has mastered luxury in Toronto – the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravellingFBM
TrumpToronto, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit to Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. I appreciate you acknowledging our friendly and welcoming associates; it is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations.

I was however concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. We are investigating the feedback you had provided about your experience at STOCK Restaurant Bar & Lounge and I can assure you the information you had provided has been shared with all associates in effort to ensure for our continual improvement.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity to welcome you once again in the future.

Mickael C. Damelincourt

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Hotel is amazing and we really loved the food and service at the Stock restaurant.
Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Eric_Blair_84
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I booked a suite for one night. As we entered the hotel, the doormen were very pleasant and our bags were taken immediately by a courteous employee named Josh. At the check in desk we felt very welcome as if the staff were actually happy to see us. We were literally treated like VIP, as were all of our guests who came to visit that night.

The amenities of the room were fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed the automated system for the lights, blinds, heated floors for the washrooms and a TV in every room. They even thought of the small details, such as providing an ipod/iphone charging dock and a usb charging cable.

Breakfast at Stock restaurant, located on the 31st floor, was both healthy and delicious. Flavorful cheeses and freshly squeezed juice accompanied the delicious breakfast options and the home-made yogurt was fantastic.

During our checkout we were taken care of by Kervin Van Den Meijdenberg, who was very accommodating and pleasant. We would definitely recommend staying at Trump Hotel, in our opinion it is the best hotel in the GTA and we will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple