“Excellent hotel, location and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto

Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Ranked #3 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
London, Canada
“Excellent hotel, location and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife and I celebrated a special birthday weekend here recently. The hotel is well located and within easy walking distance of train station, CN tower, Eaton Centre, theatre district and many excellent restaurants. We did not need a cab once. The hotel is first class in every way from front desk staff, doormen and wait staff. Our suite was elegant and comfortable with full attention to detail. This was not an inexpensive weekend but worth every penny. Thank you Trump team. We will be back.

Room Tip: Check upgrades online.
4 Thank Kisorokid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here recently for a night while going to the theatre. I understand that the staff were probably attempting to personalize our interactions but I found it a bit annoying to be asked twice within minutes of arriving at the hotel where we were from and why we were staying in Toronto. The rooms were large, comfortable, and included many impressive features. We were offered a complimentary amenity for making the reservation with our American Express card. I chose a free room upgrade and I think we were simply given a room on a higher floor. Considering we had a view of nothing, I don't think I would chose this amenity again. The rooms were lovely and I would certainly consider staying again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beachgoes_8
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Recently spent a Saturday evening at the Trump Toronto. From being shown to our room by the front desk person to our departure assistance by the Valet the level of service was service was exceptional. Probably the best service I have experienced at Five Diamond property in North America.

Accommodations were comfortable and the Pillow menu was a nice touch. The room automation did take sometime getting used to and I now have the desire to implement something similar in my residence.

Dinner at Stock was pleasant with the wine discussion with Sommelier, Zoltan, being the highlight.

Only complaint was being woken by the window washers prior to 8am Sunday morning. Having said, this the Front Desk Staff and Front Office Director handled this situation in a professional manner and we appreciate their effort.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Grumpy2469
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The service here is excellent. We were greeted by name as soon as we walked thru the doors and every other time we came in and out of the hotel. The hotel is in the financial district, so keep that in mind if you're looking for shopping or nightlife. Eaton center is a short walk from the hotel. The rooms are very technologically advanced. The lights and shades are controlled by remotes on the wall. The bathroom was huge. The bathtub and shower were great. The TV on the bathroom mirror is always nice. The pool was on the small side. The room service was expensive but most room service is.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank harvey h
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Over the years, I have been to Toronto on many occasions and tried several hotels (a.o. Park Hyatt and the Ritz), but since the opening of the Trump at the beginning of this year, I have stayed only there. Not because it is new, but because it is outstanding in any way -in particular for its service! The moment you are arriving, you are greeted and taken care of by the staff –sometimes, even the hotel manager himself comes down to the lobby to say hello to the guests! The staff is not only friendly and attentive, but also focused and efficient –they practice and deliver what they are saying! Needless to say that everything on design is perfectly harmonised, the Swarovsky crystal in the lobby is huge and impressive. You are escorted to your room and explained all features, your luggage gets delivered to your room immediately (and does not get lost in the lobby). The rooms are of very big size, half of the hotel rooms are actually suites, so there is a good chance for an upgrade! The rooms have convenient control panels (one next to the bed) for lights, fireplace and curtains. The bathrooms are spacey, having rainfallshower and in-mirror TV. Some rooms also have nice views, but the convenience for a business traveller usually comes from location: most of them will find their business partners in the same bloc or in very short walking distance.
When using in-room dining, you can set the clock –they do not fail to deliver within the time promised. However, I also strongly recommend using the restaurant upstairs, in particular in the evenings you can enjoy –apart from nice food and excellent service- a good atmosphere. Last but not least, the pool and the gym are ready by now and will offer breathtaking city views from the top!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 81Globetrotter1234
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Myself and 3 other girls stayed a night at the new Trump hotel in downtown Toronto late Feb of 2012. We were celebrating our friends 40th birthday. The valet gentlemen were amazing. They were very hospitable. Once checked in, we had a gentlemen come up to our room and show us all the features we had at our disposal. Let me tell you, it was FANTASTIC. We were treated like super stars for the entire stay at the hotel. When we left the next day, the valet parking guys placed two water bottles in our cup holders. AWESOME!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Incredible hotel staff, anticipating your needs and eager to please. I forgot to pack my goggles on this trip and I asked the staff if I could borrow a pair so I could swim in the hotel's new saltwater lap pool that the concierge said I should check. They returned 20 minutes later with a new pair that I could use at the hotel -- and take home. Nice, unexpected gesture. Raised the bar for customer delight, in my book!

Impressive, high-tech amenities in the room as one would expect from a Trump hotel, but I was still pleasantly surprised by the champagne-and-caviar inspired interiors, modern touches like the TV in the bathroom mirror, remote-control for the lights and drapes, the Trump bed, and the Nespresso machine.

I enjoyed breakfast at the Stock Restaurant too!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business