“Nice experience”

Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Dubai
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very nice hotel and good value for money. Kind service also for the kids. Concierge are excellent. Recommended good tips for restaurants in the region.
Only the restaurant is in the evening very noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for view to the bay
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Prato-Borni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I will definitely be back at this hotel. The staff is friendly and inviting. They are extremely helpful and make the experience in the hotel worth it. The rooms are generously large including the smaller rooms with two double beds. The bathrooms have double sinks so more than one person can get ready in the morning. The toilet is separate from the bathroom so that you have your privacy and are not using the entire bathroom. LOVE the shower with the rain head and hand held shower heads.

A colleague had no hot water, she went down for a smoke and let them know. The staff had it fixed by the time she got back to her room. Talk about service. I loved the do not disturb buttons and the housekeeping buttons in side the suite. Security is quite high - in order to come up to a guest room, visitors need to check in at the front desk and the staff has to let them up to the floor.

The gym was fantastic with great view of the lake and islands, CN tower so you can look at something other than a TV while working out. The infinite pool and whirlpool were wonderful after my long flight to help me relax before heading to bed.

Turn down service comes early and will ring the door bell to your room - the chocolates they bring are delicious. They also supply water.

I will say I was very fortunate on the price I paid to stay 4 nights in this hotel and would not have been able to afford the regular price on it. If you can afford to spend even one night at the regular price, believe me - it is worth every penny you will pay. It will change your opinion on what type of service to expect from the hotel you are staying in.

I think the only downside to the hotel is the price because not everyone can afford to try the service provided but it does cater to a very specific type of clientele.

Other bonuses to this hotel - it is central to shopping, entertainment and close to Front street. Suits and several other shows are filmed right in front or near by. We got to see Suits being filmed and a new FX show - they were working on the pilot just up the street.

Room Tip: Go with a king bed and ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RedDaisy007
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I won't repeat what others have already said about the specifics of the hotel but I will provide some of my own opinions for what it's worth. I was most impressed with the comfort of the bed, the plushness of the towels, the nespresso coffee maker was a nice touch. Loved the in-mirror tv in the bathroom. Although I loved the time spent in the hotel, I would not return only because I found this particular part of the city to be very unappealing. Construction going on everywhere, difficult to find places to eat. We were glad to leave.
I'd like to relate an incident that happened that I think reflects poorly upon the hotel management. The first night of our stay we were awakened at 2 am by a dog barking in the next room. This continued for several minutes until we called the front desk. They sent security up and apparently the occupants of the room were attending a wedding downstairs and (irresponsibly) left their dog unattended in the room until well into the night. This completely disrupted our first night after a long flight from the west coast.
The next morning we reported the incident to the staff at the front desk. They were apologetic and said they would pass on our concerns to management. When we returned to our room later that day we had expected perhaps some evidence that some sort of compensation was being made such as a gift certificate for the restaurant or a bottle of champagne. Nothing. We described the incident to the front desk staff on duty that evening, including Ali, a very personable and considerate staff member. I was still somewhat amazed that we had not been offered some compensation. Ali took it upon himself to create a memorable card, written from the perspective of the offensive canine. "The dog" apologized for its behavior and offered some chocolates as a peace offering. Ali brought the card and the chocolates to our room. I really appreciate his innovative and thoughtful gesture. That being said, shame on you Trump management for essentially ignoring our complaint Another reviewer posted about getting comped for mini bar items and upgrades just because the bathroom TV didn't work. Seriously? I would have traded the bathroom TV for a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask if the people next to you have a dog.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cmschwartz59
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Yes, the property is beautiful, has a great location, the rooms are lovely and the gym well appointed. That's to be expected from a top hotel. The real stars are the staff - from the doormen to bellhops to reception and concierge to housekeeping and so on, they all had a smile, said hi, had a cheery demeanor and were always asking if there was anything they could do to help or assist to make our stay better. And without being over the top. I will be returning, next time I'm in Toronto.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband & I have been here a few times for dinner. This hotel is absolutely stunning! And the service from the valet all the way up to the restaurant is fantastic! I always feel like a movie star going here- all staff at the Trump are attentive and everyone greets you warmly. Our first dinner here, we thought the food portions would be small, but we were pleasantly surprised. The cocktails are a little pricey-but worth it. I have referred "stock" restaurant to friends & clients, and we all are in agreement- beautiful hotel, great service, great food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have stayed at most of the top Toronto hotels, and I can now say that Trump International is our favourite. It has everything going for it; location is perfect - close to theatres, shopping and dining, rooms are spectacular and service is spotless.

We had a wonderful corner suite with a fireplace and remotely controlled black-out blinds. The bathroom was spotless and very spacious, with the loveliest toiletries. There was some construction going on right outside our window, but we wouldn't have known if we hadn't looked - we could never hear any noise.

Service at the Trump is fantastic. We had our two children with us, and everybody was always kind and accommodating to them. The concierge was extremely helpful, so was housekeeping. Our in-room dinner was delicious and the table was removed as soon as we called. We loved the chocolates brought for turn-down, they tasted like they were made that day!

Now, all of this comes at a cost. I'm not sure Trump Hotel is the best value for money in Toronto, but if what you are looking for is the best place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bringing_the_kids
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here in August i booked 2 rooms the room for my parents and myself. It was amazing we really enjoyed it, room were clean, nice view, all staff were friendly and helpful also hotel is in amazing location. Breakfast was good too. I had an amazing time. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family