“Second time charm”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We just returned from a three night stay at the Trump Hotel in Toronto. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. This was the second time we had stayed at the hotel and if possible this trip exceeded our impressions from our first trip. For a special occasion this is really an extraordinary place to stay.

Room Tip: We chose a one bedroom suite which was large enough to host a small party.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnC125

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Being from the Windy City means grand expectations of accommodations especially while traveling. The Trump in downtown Toronto is a sight to be seen. the staff is so helpful and kind and the little mementos done during my stay made it worth it. Their turn down service made it that much more comfortable to finish up with business and slip on my robe and slippers that were set out with a fresh bottle of Evian and a truffle. The food at Stock was good overall but a little below my expectations. The gym has a nice view and it is set off the beaten path, which is nice until you get in the elevator, sweaty with a group that just finished dinner across the hall. Overall I was very pleased with the stay and the Trump has easily become our new favorite corporate hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiffany K
Mickael D, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. It is always great to welcome someone from the Windy City, and it gives me great pleasure to read that we have exceeded your expectations. We are very proud of the level of service provided by our associates and the facilities offered at our property.

For your next visit, I would like to recommend our Trump Wellness program. In addition to providing fitness apparel and footwear, we also provide light equipment that you may use in your room for a more private workout experience.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Mickael Damelincourt

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I didn't choose this hotel, it was the site of a conference and frankly I was thinking I wasn't going to enjoy it. My expectations was that it would be cold, stuffy, over-the-top, expensive, pandering, etc. etc. I was shocked when I was greeted by name upon entering the lobby to register (not sure how they deduced who I was before I introduced myself) and was quickly checked in. The room was great, the remotes for the lighting and the drapes all worked well, and worked intuitively, the bed was turned down, it was well appointed, not gaudy, the space was confortable and a nice suite. I really liked that the bathroom was around the corner from the main bedroom. My biggest issue (and I didn't complain about it, although I should have mentioned something) was the TV had remote issues, it lagged on the inputs by 5-20 seconds or didn't work and you never really knew if the remote was working or not. The TV in the bathroom mirror worked well and responded to control inputs immediately.

The Stock lounge was standard fare, pricey, and a place to hide for a quite drink in the dark. The service throughout the hotel was, frankly, amazing. The staff greeted you by name and nothing was out of place or over/under done.

I took advantage of the Spa and workout facilities as well, the Spa was good, the workout room and pool had great views (on a clear day) and all the equipment worked, was clean, serviced, etc. They even had suggested workout programs for you as well.

Once in the door, I never felt uncomfortable at the hotel. Well done to the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. I am pleased to read that we countered your expectations with exceptional service and amenities. I am also glad to read your comments about our doormen and other associates–our team is very astute and we take pride in knowing our guests names and preferences before they enter the property. I also thank you for your kind comments about our restaurant, spa and fitness centre, as we aim to provide the highest level of facilities.

I would also like to thank you for your comments about the remote control. I am always happy to receive guest feedback as it enables us to continually improve our high-standards. I have passed this note along to our audio/visual team who will investigate this further.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and I thank you again for sharing them. I look forward to welcoming you upon your next stay with us.

Mickael Damelincourt

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Choose this hotel and you will not be disappointed. From the moment you step out of the taxi to the time you check out, staff are friendly, courteous and provide over the top service that you will definitely enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

the hotel is absolutely great. rooms are spacy and very well furnished. the overhall service is great as well as the food on the top floor restaurant.
its perfect for business people as well for people that are in torornto per pleasure. i defintly reccoment it as a must in Toronto

Room Tip: i had a beautiful suite with a lovely bath and positioned at high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great service. They welcome you by name and accompany you to your room with white gloves. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful (but not intrusive) and the location is extremely convenient. Our room was a standard room but still managed to surpass other hotels because of the little details like the lighting options and the TV in the bathroom mirror. I'm not sure that I would have had a bath there because there was an unusual film in the tub (I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness) but the shower was rainy and awesome.

We would go back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joy H
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I only stayed one night, but wish it could have been more!

First of all, I almost exclusively stay at the Toronto Hilton, because I get their executive floor for a similar price and get to collect points. However, this stay at the Trump has me changing my mind, especially as the location is even closer to the office I need to get to.

Service was top-notch. No detail missed, like when the bellhop asked me how my flight was from Vancouver, because he could see my bag tag. Or that the TV system has your name programmed into the system. The front desk staff were efficient & courteous, doing little things like offering you a hot towel and handing you your card with both hands. There was a room steward who would take you to your room & show you how it works.

My room had a king bed with a view, and it was much more spacious than any other room I've been in. There's a separate little bar area with complementary Nespresso (or for a tea drinker like me, a kettle with selection of teas). There was a free bottle of Evian with a truffle waiting for me. Plush, soft robes with slippers for your use. Over-size toiletries. My washroom had a soaker tub with a separate rainshower, and TV built in the mirror. The room is fancy with touch-controls to manage lighting, shades, etc.

I also had breakfast up on the top floor with colleagues the next morning... prices were typical for hotels, but the quality of food & service were again great. Like when the staff took out purse stands for us.

I didn't have a chance to check it out, but apparently there's a lap pool, really nice spa, and guests can borrow work out clothes too.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business