“AMAZING!”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've stayed here twice now, and love it!

The rooms are always nothing less than spotless, food is AMAZING, seriously I don't know how they make a chicken caesar wrap taste so good. Get the sliders! The rooms are gorgeous, and I don't think I've slept in a such a comfy bed in my life. The staff are exceptional, probably the best I've seen. Make you feel like a total VIP. Great location and always a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sara T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,979)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This review is late-coming as I stayed here for 2 nights in July before my wedding bc it was super close to my wedding venue (Bymark). I could actually see the building from my room morning of which was perfect! I decided to book a suite as the first night I had a couple of my bridesmaids with me and we wanted to have plenty of room to get ready the morning of with my army of bridesmaids and hair/makeup help.

Suite was stunning and completely state of the art. The bed was luxurious, there was a fireplace, 2 tvs, remote controlled windows and a spacious wet-bar. I still dream about the enormous shower and there was another 1/2 bath off the living room which was very convenient.

I'm not a typically high-maintenance person but I will admit we asked for a lot of things the day before and the day of my wedding. Nothing was too much, from stools for my make-up and hair team to extra champagne glasses and cucumber slices for my bridesmaid's puffy eyes from allergies. They were so gracious despite us calling down 40 times.

I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and I have never, ever experienced service like this before, anywhere. They must train their staff with exactly what to say and do as they seem to have perfect lines and responses to absolutely any scenario or question you have. Every single staff member was kind, professional and accommodating, "May I come in, Ms So-and-so, please allow me to hold the door" whilst balancing a tray of champagne glasses and ice. What? It could be that they were extra nice to me as they knew I was getting married but I suspect that's just their training.

Nice touches like gold-leafed chocolate covered strawberries and a congratulatory note made me feel special :)

The spa is beautiful and the restos are great. Pricey but I always think that the truffled popcorn in the bar makes it worth paying $25 for a martini.

If you want to splurge, this is the way to do it for a stay-cation if you live here or a special vacation, you definitely won't regret it.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, you deserve it :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jessterlou
Mickael D, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. Congratulations on your wedding. I am so happy that we were able to be a part of your special day. I appreciate your mention of the decor and amenities of our suites. No effort was spared in the decor and furnishing, carefully selected to exceed all expectations.

I was pleased to hear your service experience on such a special occasion was exceptional. We are very proud of the level of service provided by our Associates, they are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded.

Thank you for your kind words about our spa and restaurant, as we take great pride in our attention to detail. Our culinary team works tirelessly to put together a stunning presentation. The gold-leafed chocolate covered strawberries and the truffled popcorn you mentioned are two of the unique and exciting creations from our Culinary Team.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Mickael Damelincourt

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel is outstanding! We booked 3 nights Dec 24th -27th and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms. The furnishings are superior, the service flawless, refined and not in the least pretentious. We were very impressed by the attentiveness of the staff to every detail. We are already planning our next Christmas stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SChaynes
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent, is all that I can say about this place. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, the service was impeccable, personalized and above expectations. We booked 3 nights from dec 28 a dec 30th. We were told our suite had been upgraded. The furnishings in the room were amazing. We used the swimming pool - when we arrived a family was leaving, and we had the entire facilities to ourselves. I never felt the place was overcrowded but the hotel seemed booked through each day. We travelled with our 5 and 8 years olds who loved the rooms, service, facilities and attention they were given by all the staff. I highly recommend this hotel and I hope to return to it soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kezzareview
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves as part of his birthday celebration. We booked a king room but upon check in were upgraded to a suite as I booked using my travel credit card. This was my second time at the trump my husbands first. The suite was stunning and featured a separate living room and two bathrooms. The bed was to die for and we had an excellent nights sleep.The hotel as a whole is beautiful, well appointed and spotless. The service was impeccable and everyone was friendly and helpful. During our stay we also used the spa (not impressed, reviewed separately under Quartz spa) and Stock restaurant which we went for drinks as well as Sunday brunch. The restaurant was amazing we enjoyed both trips there, if you have the opportunity to go for brunch I highly recommend it. The hotel was wonderful and really made my husbands birthday celebration memorable. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wanderlust_nrg
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations given the peer group this hotel competes with. The staff were relatively friendly and helpful but I wouldn't say they were genuinely interested in making my stay special. Food was ok, rooms were nice, as were the facilities. I found the staff supporting the conference rooms the most attentive and helpful. Again however, given the price point I was not overly impressed. I don't expect to choose this location again, but only because I feel there are competitive hotels that deliver more at the same cost. (Fairmont, Ritz).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We decided to treat ourselves and booked a two night stay. We had a standard room and though it was comfortable, elegantly understated with noticeable attention to detail, it was small and not overly impressive. To me it was like a any other hotel room just with upgraded amenities. I guess I was expecting more "wow" factor in regards to the accommodation. Very comfortable bedding. Turn down service was quite nice with soothing music and complimentary Trump slippers which I still wear. The room service meals were excellent. The restaurant which is long and narrow had more of a business atmosphere rather than a romantic ambience. The adjoining patio has a spectacular view with high bistro tables to enjoy a cocktail or two. I would consider it a very romantic setting, especially at night. The pool is accessed though the spa. The change room facilities were amazing and the pool with separate hot tub enjoyable. The only thing I wished for is that the pool at night had some varied lighting as it was quite bright and I was expecting it to look like the website photos. Where Trump far exceeds other hotels is seen and felt in the service. The staff were the BEST I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Everyone was exceptionally helpful and friendly without being intrusive or uncomfortable. Even if they could tell that I didn't exactly have a wealthy status, they treated me and my mother like GOLD. I was told, "you can have anything you like...all you have to do is ask". A lifestyle I could certainly become accustomed to. I would not say "Your Fired" to any one person working there. They are all Fabulous and a credit to the Trump organization. All in all it was a wonderful stay. I recommend this hotel if you want to experience real 5 Star treatment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family