“By far the best in TO!!!”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I was there last week for an Audi Sales Conference and I must say my overall experience was great.

The staff was very friendly and they seemed proactive to help. As for the room, they are wow!!I was a little disappointed as I found someone else's hair in the bathroom upon my arrival. Also on a negative note the chocolate frites at the mini bar were expired. I let front desk know and they told me they would take care of it but never did.

Overall, this hotel is great. The best in TO and I would definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PanPalm
TrumpTorontoHotel, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,

It was very pleasing to hear your service experience was exceptional. We are very proud of the level of service provided by our Associates, they are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded.

I am however concerned to read about the hair in the bathroom and expired chocolates at the mini bar. We are taking immediate steps to address the concern with our associates and want to assure you that these types of occurrences are rare and do not reflect the level of attention to detail we aspire to deliver.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Mickael C. Damelincourt

There are newer reviews for The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband had a 2 day conference held at the Trump Hotel so I decided to tag along. We spent 2 nights and our high expectations were met above & beyond. Friendly & cordial staff which remembered our names, and followed up about our activities, our comfort etc throughout our stay without being invasive. It's the personal attention & all the little extra touches that made it special. We had drinks & appetizers in the hotel bar on the 31st floor, it has a nice atmosphere but expect to pay $18/martini. Great communication between staff members therefore there is no need to make same request twice...They always get it done right the 1st time with a genuine smile on their faces. Overall a great experience and we look forward to going back again soon hopefully.

Room Tip: Heated bathroom floors only available in upgrade rooms
1  Thank Genevieve P
Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the moment you enter to the moment you leave this beautiful property you will be treated with exceptional service. I thought I had entered an international first class long distance flight when I was here. We were greeted by the General Manager at checkin, given hot towels, then escorted to our room. Room service for dinner was exceptional. The server brought extra chairs so that he could set up a formal table to dine in our room. That to me was WOW service! Excellent turndown service which is lacking in some hotels that I have stayed at. Complimentary glass bottled Evian water in the rooms, very nice touch. Fitness and pool area very clean. Highly recommend the Fine Hotel and Resort Pkg. with Amx, although I still do not believe the room we were given was a true upgrade especially when the hotel was not at full occupancy. Final summary, I would highly recommend you stay here when visiting Toronto.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank FirstClass001
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family and I just completed a 2 night stay at the Trump.

- at the outset, it is very nice facility - new, modern, with nice amenities. However, we encountered a number of problems (though minor) which took away from the 6 star experience we were expecting from this property ...

1. LACK OF ORGANIZATION. We had booked connected rooms to accommodate our 3 young kids and us - we confirmed this as well a few days prior to arrival - YET, when we arrived we were shown to rooms which were not connecting and they did not have any such rooms available. So, we had to go back down to the lobby and it took them more time to figure this out (ultimately, they put us in a 2 bedroom suite at no additional charge) - but this should not have occurred here.

2. LACK OF COMMUNICATION. We had requested a roll-away bed and our sofa bed be made up for our kids at a certain time - this did not happen. Instead, we had to call a few times and then three different people showed up all within 10 or so minutes of each other asking to set up these beds. So, clearly there was communication issued with the staff.

3. DIFFICULT TO REACH STAFF. During a number of our calls to housekeeping / concierge/ etc, the phone kept ringing, and NO ONE ANSWERED. That was strange and unexpected.

4. UNUSUAL BILLING / CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD. When I viewed my bank account online, I noticed that the hotel had charged DOUBLE the cost of my stay on my debit card. When I approached the front desk about it, they all seemed a bit confused. I am sure it will be worked out eventually, but this type of thing should NEVER occur.

5. DIFFICULT TO GET A TABLE FOR DINNER AT THE RESTAURANT. When I called the restaurant to inquire about getting a table for our party of 5 for dinner the night we arrived, I was told 'there is no availability'. This is CRAZY, as our kids needed to have some food, and the hotel has only ONE restaurant. I had to call the hotel MANAGER to get her to make the reservations at THEIR OWN restaurant for us. This should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED.

I could go on and on ....

So.....

Don't get me wrong - the staff is VERY NICE here (lovely group)... they try to do the right thing, but they just cannot seem to get it right.

For the high price, we just expected better (when in comparison to US properties).

Would I stay here again? clearly this property is way better than any other Toronto hotel - but I would expect a DISCOUNT on my next stay for the issues we faced during this stay...

As stated, the STAFF is lovely. A +.

The overall operation of the facility deserves about a C.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Ted S
TrumpTorontoHotel, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. Your feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services for our future guests and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

It is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with our amenities and facilities. The decor, furnishing and amenities were carefully selected to exacting standards. It is also very pleasing to hear your feedback on our associates, we are very proud of the level of service they provide. Our associates are very astute and work tirelessly to provide friendly and professional service.

I am however concerned to learn of your challenges during your recent stay with us. We are taking immediate steps to address the deficiencies with our associates and want to assure you that these types of occurrences are rare and do not reflect the level of service we aspire to.

Once again, thank again you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and I look forward to speaking with you directly in further detail about your experience with us. It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Mickael C. Damelincourt

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Room was perfect, staff outstanding !!! Having stayed at the Penthouse suite at the Belagio, this Trump Hotel has paid attention to ever detail imaginable. Every staff member was at their very best.... Will definitely stay again!!!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This property defines luxury. The rooms are beautiful. The hotel is gorgeous. The staff is unmatched. This staff goes above and beyond the call of duty. Professionalism and attitude of personnel by far made this hotel one of my absolute favorites while doing on a stay-cation with my wife.

Room Tip: Forget the rest stay with the best! - corny but very true.
1  Thank masters99
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Upon a recent business visit to Toronto my wife and I decided to tack on a couple days at the end of our trip at Trump International. We were excited to spend a few days exploring the city and enjoying the hotel’s amenities. The high-speed elevators, extra large rooms with wonderfully appointed bathrooms (there’s a TV built into the mirror and a very nice soaker tub), and awesome pool area with sauna and hot tub all on the 31st floor were all amazing. What really stood out was the warm service received from the staff. The whole team was very friendly, warm and eager to be off assistance—the concierge team even managed to get us last minute reservations at a prime restaurant on a Saturday night at 7:30pm (when we thanked the maitre D for taking our reservation she smiled and said: “well your concierge was very convincing”). The staff truly made the visit for us. Congratulations on having such an amazing team working at your great property.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shon J
Mickael D, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Shon,

I am so happy our concierge associates were able to assist you with your dinner reservation. Our associates work tirelessly to ensure all guests have a personalized experience while stay with us, down to the very last detail.

It is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with our guestroom and amenities. The decor, furnishing and amenities were carefully selected to exacting standards.

Mickael Damelincourt