“Exactly what you would expect, opulent, immaculate and extravagant.”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #4 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Extremely eager, professional, helpful and polite staff. I don't believe NO is in their vocabulary. We stayed in a one bedroom corner suite and for the first time in forever....I had nothing to complain about. Spotless and very well maintained. Great decor, comfortable & high end furniture, great bed & sheets, power/remote drapes, tv in the bathroom mirror, two bathrooms, well stocked wet bar/snacks, slippers & robes, safe, fireplace, good sized flat screens, awesome rainfall shower & large soaking tub. Very neat pool and hot tub on 32nd floor. Nice sauna and changing room. Ok Bar and a nice restaurant on site. High speed elevator also a nice touch. Valet parking and concierge service. Location is terrific.

Cons/needs attention- parking is extra $$, jets in the hot tub weak, no jets in bathtub.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ok, I had heard about the over the top service at this hotel, and I had the pleasure of staying there this week for a couple of nights. When I travel, I wants a comfortable room, a great bed, quiet at night, excellent food, High definition TV, and a central location. I don't consider my self a picky person. This hotel is top shelf. Excellent central downtown location. The front desk staff welcomed me like a cousin, and even took me up to the room for a tour. I could have done without that but, "They try harder at TRUMP!". They upgraded me without request. The room (#2008) was terrific, closest thing to an ARIA sky suite I've ever been in. Corner room, beautifully appointed. Room service was prompt and excellent. The restaurant was perfect. I had a glitch with a TV in my bedroom, and the entrance door lock, both of which were repaired by the time I cam e back to me room, with a nice note from the manager, and some dessert treats which I didn't eat. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank WalleyGog
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Staying here is a wonderful experience, from the hot towel for your hands when you check in to the comfy bathrobes. Great staff and overall a property deserving of it's high status on Trip Advisor. The people I was travelling with all commented on how well they slept. An oasis for the busy business traveller.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our first visit to Trump International and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. From check-in to check-out we were treated first class. The suite (1612) we check into was beautiful and the king size bed was like a cloud. Thank you to all the staff that made our visit so wonderful. We are booked in for a weekend in May and are looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpTorontoHotel, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto.

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Superior One Bedroom Suite. The decor, furnishing, bedding and all of the guest room amenities were carefully selected to exacting standards.

I am also very happy to hear that your experience with our associates was memorable. Our associates are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be returning to stay with us in May, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property for another five star experience.

Mickael Damelincourt

Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the moment we arrived at the valet parking area we were treated like royalties. Ali at the front desk was just too caring. All my life, I have never met a group of people who wear smiles all day and are ready to make your stay the best. I love this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gongzee
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times. The staff are helpful and attentive. The door man is always attentive. The reception service is excellent. The gym and pool are also very good.

Breakfast can be busy and they may do better with more staff. Getting taxis can be a challenge in the rush hour and I had to walk to a nearby taxi stand a few times.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stay at the Trump almost every time I am in Toronto, which is typically once a month, since it is where my company is located, and I love it. I have had only one bad experience and, since then, the management and staff of the hotel has made it up to me in spades!

First of all, the hotel is extremely convenient for me as my office is literally less than 1 minute away. But, that is not the only reason I love it - believe me, I've stayed at a number of the other hotels in the immediate vicinity and they were all highly disappointing - so much so, that until the Trump opened I traveled to Yorkville to stay at the Four Seasons because it was so reliably comfortable with great Four Seasons service.

The front lobby: the bell staff are always there to open the door for you and let the front desk know what your name is so when you check in they welcome you by name, which I think is an important first impression. They offer a warm, scented towel to freshen up in the winter months and a cool, scented towel in the summer months. Front desk service is friendly, professional and efficient. I am a Trump Card holder, so they have my room/amenities preferences on file, so when I arrive in my room I know there will be cream for my morning coffee in the mini refrigerator and I know to expect the Wall St. Journal on my door in the morning. And because I am such a frequent guest, I always have a welcome amenity in my room - either a fruit plate, chocolates, macaroons, something, along with a note welcoming me back.

Rooms: The king rooms are spacious and comfortable, with an awesome bed with fantastic linens, large, soft towels in the spacious bathroom, and lots of personal touches. I like the automation of the lights/draperies, etc. I often get upgraded to a 1-BR suite, which has a fireplace (not sure if it is gas or electric, but it is a nice touch), which provides more space then I would ever need, but it is nice to have a separate living room with a desk, as I almost always work through dinner and partway into the night.

There is a wet bar with a mini refrigerator with beer, sodas, water, etc. The one thing I would like to have that is missing is wine - it would be nice to have a half bottle option to have a night cap or glass or two of wine to unwind after a stressful, busy day. I'm not really a beer drinker, so the wine would be a welcome addition.

The service staff is fantastic, with a very efficient turn-down service with at least 2 bottles of water, ice, fresh towels, and always a chocolate (which I bring home for my kids) on the bedside table.

The television has all of the necessary channels - I tend to watch CNBC and it is not available at a number of other hotels in Toronto and elsewhere in Canada. The embedded TV in the mirror in the bathroom is nice to have, but it would be better if it had CNBC as well, which is doesn't.

The bathroom is spacious - usually I have a large space with a soaking tub (nice when I have time to soak for an hour, but that doesn't happen very often) and roomy shower with a fantastic rain shower head. I also believe the marble floors in the bathroom are radiant-heated, which is nice in the winter.

Oh, the one bad experience I had was on my first visit, when I plugged my iPod into the docking station and forgot it was there and checked out. When I realized it a couple of hours later and called, it was not located, so obviously someone swiped it. The manager offered to reimburse me for it or give me a hotel credit for my next stay, but I declined. They did upgrade me on my next stay, however. I have never had anything happen since.

All in, this is a great hotel - my purposes are always business, but I can see why pleasure travelers would want to stay here as well, although it is located in the financial district and there are other options closer to attractions.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business