“Over the top”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I went for my birthday last weekend. Upon giving our car to valet he indicated the overnight rate to park our car at the hotel was $50.00. Granted it is a big city, the hotel is five star but come on...

We checked in at a very glitzy front desk, were greeted by no less than 5 people, just in the lobby. We reserved a Suite and were amazed at how large and well appointed it was, everything was state of the art. Leather furnishings, a wet bar in the living room with an electric fake fireplace, superb soap, wonderful bed linens, pillows, tons of great hangars, a tv in the mirror, one in the bedroom, one in the living room, a powder room off the living room. I was disappointed in the towels. They definitely need to be updated. There was a try of three gigantic chocolate covered strawberries on the coffee table with happy birthday in chocolate written on it.

Dinner at stock, the 5'star restaurant, and only restaurant, no tablecloths, crazy loud disco type music, a bar right on top of the dining area and quite obviously no regard for a dress code. We were out for a dressy evening and were seated next to a large bachelor party table of casual men. Breakfast had the same set of conditions. That being said,

THE FOOD WAS TERRIFIC as was the service at dinner. Service not so good at breakfast. It was unfortunate that the ambiance and less then sophisticated patrons distracted from the overall experience.

Maryalice e.

Room Tip: We love to go for a suite for the space, trump does it right.
1  Thank Maryalice E
There are newer reviews for The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just got back from a family trip to Toronto and I miss this hotel already. Everything was thought of and accommodations were amazing.
The hotel made sure (without asking) our room was kid safe for our 6 yr old and 16 month old. Electrical outlets were covered, a coffee table was placed in front of the fireplace to block our kids from getting too close, and the staff greeted our children warmly upon arrival . They put a crib, diaper pail, extra diapers, and bathing accessories for our children in the room as well.
I did not expect this level of consideration especially from a "business district" hotel.
The bed was super comfortable and everything immaculate. Our room had a table so we ordered room service a lot.
We found eating in so much better than the hassle of finding a kid friendly restaurant with good food. The food was always delicious and fresh no matter what time of day.
One of the gentleman at the door offered maps, driving directions, water, and suggestions for our outings which was also very helpful. Everything and everyone from start to end made our trip to this hotel exceptional. The staff really go out of their way to be helpful, friendly, and courteous without seeming insincere.
My only comment to readers (and this is not necessarily a negative) is that the pool is only about 4ft in depth throughout and as such not a pool for young kids. Think a large lap pool.
My 6 year old loved the pool but only if we were there to hold him as his feet did not touch the bottom. He looked forward to using the hot tub next to the pool so this really wasn't much of an issue however.
The hotel has a great location but is not directly connected to the path underground. Not such a big deal as you can walk a block to get to the path.
In sum, I would recommend this hotel without reservation and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a table in your suite, look for "grand deluxe"
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Insomniacat
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am not sure what I was expecting, but I know it was not what we received.
We pulled up, the staff we there waiting and were extremely helpful. I had a broken arm, so I was a bit useless, but they helped my wife with the car and luggage as I was checking in.
The front desk staff had a warm towel waiting there for us to freshen up. The staff was plucked from the best of the best, they are genuinely interested in what you were doing in town, how you are feeling and if they could do anything for you.
Our hotel porter was the best I have ever had. We were in the elevator for only a minute and he asked if I would like ice for my shoulder! He took care of our bags, disappeared for a few minutes and came back with 2 ice packs, 2 bottles of water and said just call down and ill bring you more any time today. Amazing.
The rooms are modern classic done right. They are just beautiful. The bathroom has a spectacular tub, heated marble floor, huge shower and an isolated toilet.
There is a beautiful mini bar stocked with goodness, with complimentary nespresso coffee. Oh, I forgot to mention their comfort and scented selection of pillows.
The pool was another thing of beauty, it is a sexy infinity salt-water pool, with a whirlpool just off to the side. Surrounded by marble walls and a spectacular view of Toronto put the icing on the cake.
We went out for a walk, but my wife forgot her jacket in the car because she was helping me. They ran down and got it, quick and no questions asked. While we waited, we got to take in beautiful hotel foyer and offered a bottle of water to take on our walk.
Luxury at its finest, could not have had a better stay

Room Tip: If you want a treat, this is it!
1  Thank RVcornell
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Trump Tower to celebrate my birthday. What a magical experience. I have never stayed at a hotel where everyone we encountered was so pleasant and helpful. It started when we drove in and the valet opened our doors for us and pushed the revolving door so we didn't have to. A very pleasant young lady, Indie, checked us in with a hot towel to freshen up! Our room was incredible and the beds were extremely comfortable. The suite was beautifully appointed...even a TV in the washroom mirror! We had an amazing dinner at their restaurant, Stock, and our server, Julian, was beyond reproach. He knew when to come to our table but did not linger and had an engaging personality. Alex, the general manager of Stock, also came by our table to see how we enjoyed our dinner. Truly an attentive staff. Everyone we encountered made our stay the wonderful experience it was. I would not hesitate to stay at the Trump Tower again.

1  Thank Lee Anne S
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very nicely done for a hotel in this category. Bedrooms are nicely appointed: touch control lights and drapery, TV embedded in bathroom mirror, espresso machine in the room with complimentary cartridges for 6 cups (2 decaf), comfortable beds. Since our 3 night stay was split, we were able to experience 2 different rooms. One had a somewhat larger bathroom and the other had a bit more floor space for luggage. Wi-fi was free, a welcome feature when it seems like many hotels in this price range want to nickel and dime you to death over wi-fi access. It was one of the few I've encountered that was genuinely "high-speed" as opposed to merely wishful thinking (my online newspaper subscription downloaded in seconds to my tablet compared to the often 5+ minutes it takes at some hotels). When there was a 15 min delay in retrieving our vehicle from the valet service upon check out, the duty clerk graciously refunded us 2 days of parking charges, something he took upon himself to do. In my opinion, this is going above and beyond to keep the customer satisfied! Highly recommended if staying in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve O
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have to say that this is one of the most luxurious hotels I have ever stayed at. When we got to the hotel the room wasn't so we the front desk clerk booked us a reservation at a nearby restaurant. She took our cell number and called when it was ready. When we arrived our luggage was in the room. We preordered extra pillows and fruit. It was there as planned. The room was large, clean and well appointed. Everything was on remote control the drapes and lights. There was even a television in the bathroom mirror, heat bathroom floors, a rain shower and a large soaker tub for two. Perfect... Lots of hot water too! There was complimentary shoe shine and everything you could want in snacks and booze in a room bar. Complimentary expresso, water, robes, and even pull down service with a truffle! The most comfortable bed with Egyptian cotton linen, oh my, extreme softness! If you want a great room and dont mind paying more for great service, and quality in every step, stay at Trump.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms you will not be disappointed. If you like the City views just ask.
2  Thank TAdvisorBuff
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff go above and beyond to make your stay exceptional. The rooms are amazing and beds are super comfortable. The pool area is exceptional clean and relaxing. This hotel is great for families as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family