“A true 5 star experience! ”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“A true 5 star experience! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely hands down, best service I have ever received at any hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff know how to make you feel special from the moment you walk through the door. They continually called me by name and were extremely helpful. All staff were always willing to engage in conversation and very proactive. While we were at an event on the 31st floor bar and lounge, the server over heard that a colleague could not eat cheese burger slider, so without being asked she took it upon herself to come out with a burger slider with no cheese. Food and drinks were excellent and the view from the 31st floor was quite nice.

Facilities were fabulous and the hotel room was impeccable. It was tough to check out of this hotel and I look forward to the next time I can stay here.

1 Thank vulture604
TrumpTorontoHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. We are always pleased to hear of the little things that make a big difference to you while you were our guest, and hopefully you will leave with a lasting memory of your stay with us. We take pride in personally in knowing our guests' names and preference before and during they enter the property.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic experience.

Mickael Damelincourt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first time at the Trump and we had an amazing time. We were there for the night for a bachelorette party and we were very impressed by the hotel staff as well as the building itself. The beds were so comfortable and the bathrooms were amazing.This is the nicest hotel any of us had stayed at in Toronto and we can't wait to go back.The staff at this hotel were all very friendly and eager to make our stay a memorable one. One of the staff members, Kevin Brown, took us up to our room and showed us around. He was very helpful and made the experience that much better with his great personality. He was very professional and made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable for our stay. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we can not wait to return for our next stay!

-Taran & Sabe

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sabe S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked the Trump because it was rated one of the top hotels in Toronto, and we wanted a 5-star experience. From the beginning, it was just that: great valet service, grand tour by the bellman (Kevin), and overall friendly staff. We booked a one bedroom suite and were not disappointed with the size and amenities (warming bathroom floor and lighting presets) and had a great view of the hustle and bustle of this wonderful city. Both Suits and Stock are great lounges/restaurants (Jenn was super friendly), and are great choices for a pre-game cocktail or nightcap. The gym, pool and sauna are top-notch, with panoramic views of the city and surrounding areas. Speaking of the gym, this is where we experienced some disappointment. While I was working out, there was a fire alarm, and since there was no prior notice of a fire drill, I assumed it was real. When I attempted to take the stairs, they were locked, and naturally the elevators were shut down. When I asked two maintenance workers the location of the nearest stairwell, they advised that I stay on the 32nd floor (wrong answer). When I insisted of exiting the building, they cautioned that I would not be able to re-enter and then had difficulty finding a stairwell. Although it turned out to be a false alarm (we understand -- it happens), we were disappointed with the lack of preparedness of the staff. Overall, however, we would recommend the Trump and will be returning soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor so you're away from street-level noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulSusie17
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I travel the world and have 300+ reviews. So when the desk clerk indicates this is a 5* property and the top rated Toronto hotel, it's game on. When you promote your property as a 5*, you're playing on a world level, not trying to beat the Courtyard down the street.

The property misses because it's so busy trying to remind you it's a "5* hotel" it forgets to be a "5* hotel.". I've stayed in 5* hotels, this isn't one. I stay as part of a major bank.

The mark of a 5* hotel is that the entire staff has a keen sense of what the guest wants and operates nearly invisibly. I'm a professional traveler, don't bother me. If you're in from Hamilton for a girl's weekend, well maybe you do. In short - the entire service experience seems quite forced.

Service is also very inconsistent. Not a trait of a 5* hotel. Sometimes, they would open the door for me, sometimes not. Sometimes a staff member would rush to push the elevator button for me, course the one time I was holding 19 items, their key didn't work. A call to housekeeping took two calls to get answered.

The first early evening, I went up to the restaurant/bar and since it was a nice out wanted to have drink on the smallish outdoor patio. I was immediately seated. Despite the place being nearly empty, I waited 15 minutes with no service, I departed (no drink) noting the numerous staff chatting it up at the bar. The poor hostess realizing a major faux pas has occurred chased me to the elevator apologizing but alas another star now gone. 5* hotels get no leeway sadly.

The building and rooms are new. They're nicely appointed and comfortable. The lighting system though is a major disaster. It's electronic "mood" setting, could be nice but the problem is it's all one system. Hence if you're in the bed and someone is in the bathroom and you turn off the lights - all the lights go out (including the bathroom). The room hallway is dark and there was no way to have lowered lights in the room and bright ones in the hallway. Sadly, I have neither the time nor inclination to learn about a lighting system in a hotel room. Direct lighting over the bed was garish (hint no one looks good with direct overhead lighting).

The drapes were equally frustrating, electronic, I had two sets (one window faced a busy office, the other had a view). Unfortunately, you couldn't have one open and the other closed.

The entire room is littered with Trump paraphernalia touting how great a hotel this was. I threw it all in a corner. The bathroom is large n' nice but equally the counter space had no room for my personal effects.

If you want a 5* experience in Toronto, stay at the Four Seasons.

There is nothing wrong with this hotel per se, the room is certainly fine, the staff friendly. But when you've set your own bar as the top hotel in the city and a 5* property ranking in the world's best, you probably don't want my keen eyes to visit you. Trump properties simply aren't a world brand.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank roadwarrior30
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

You would have to really try hard to fault anything at Trump Toronto!
Location is central for business and shopping. Service and attention by staff was perfect.
I must remember in future to take a staff members name down for praise with service as the hotels always send surveys after the stay and ask for someone's name who deserves recognition.
Only wish Trump Vegas could learn from Trump Toronto and Trump Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was our first visit to Toronto, an unexpected one, as we had won a raffle at my partners work to go and watch the Blue Jays. We wanted to stay somewhere downtown for easy accessibility for wandering around the city and exploring.
Having two children we wanted a room that offered a separate room for the children to stay in so we could still have our privacy to enjoy our unexpected trip. This is something we have found difficult to find, unless paying a costly price for a second room or two floor room. However at the Trump, with there excellent sized rooms, we were able to stay in an affordable room which had a separate lounge area with pull out double. Not only was it a separate room but it had a partitioning door, which having a 2year old and 8year old was fantastic as we were able to let them go to bed watching a movie while we watched a different movie in the other room without any disturbance to them. The rate which we picked was the weekend getaway rate, which included complimentary parking and two full breakfasts, which considering how much parking downtown can cost as well as breakfasts, wasn't that different to that of the price I had originally seen on the Expedia website. Again as well as having a family trip, it is nice to be able to spend some time together. We really enjoyed our stay, not only at the hotel but in Toronto, the concierge recommended Ripley's Aquarium which both big and little kids enjoyed.
From the moment we walked through the door until we left, on a late departure at no extra cost, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The children were given a soft plush toy and baseball cap, and the turn down requests we mentioned off hand when our luggage arrived were met without an mention of a reminder.
It was our first visit to one of the Trump collective hotels, and it most definitely wont be our last.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlottexwx
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is our 3rd time there and it's our home away from home, we love it there, beautiful suite, great service, wonderful food at Stock restaurant, if you haven't stayed there, you should definitely try it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple