“Our anniversary visit”

Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton Station
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The music was great. A great DJ and a live band - their break time was too long and they were late to start by 45 mins! The food portion got a lot smaller! The dessert was so tiny! The cheesecake was too thin to stand right up! The tip was already included in your bill, which was quite high I found. The live music part was the greatest! The waiter was nice, too.

1  Thank LoveLoveFruit

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Went to this place for a friend's engagement party. Everyone was told they had to order off the dinner menu (at $25 fixed price) or they would have to pay 10 dollars. Manager was rude and threatening to my friends who were there to celebrate their engagement after they told him that they were not told these things beforehand. He was actually yelling at them and would storm out every 2 minutes (I saw this with my very own eyes and I was very surprised as I've never seen anything like this before in my life). He also said that if we all left, that the couple would be charged 10 dollars each person to their credit card so we decided to stay in the end. Will never return.

4  Thank R S
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I'm beyond pissed off about my March 1, 2014 experience at Alleycatz (my first time there too). Long story short, they served me RAW CHICKEN and between the waitress and owner, John, no one wanted to take responsibility for the screw up. Everyone was trying to point the finger at someone else, and the waitress had the nerve to insinuate that I was to blame for their lackadaisical service and cook. When I asked if the manager was coming to talk to me she said "Oh, do you need to talk to him?" I simply stated that "wether or not I want to speak with him is irrelevant. As the manager/owner HE SHOULD come and talk to me AND offer his apology." I continued by telling her that "this is extremely hazardous; things like this close businesses down!"

My healthy mother unexpectedly passed away in her sleep last March because she got salmonella from Olive Garden in Florida. I feel that the only reason they took care of my bill is because I took a picture right in front of the waitress, as well as because I informed them of the severity something like this can cause to ones health/livelihood.

I really wish I could upload the picture to show you.

The toxins have been trying to leave my body from both ends NON-FREAKIN-STOP

4  Thank Seven82
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went here with a group of friends and was forced to order off a $25 price fixed menu. The manager was extremely rude to my friends celebrating their engagement. Will never return. Food was prepared from a frozen stock and simply reheated.

4  Thank S K
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My fiance and I booked a table for 20 people to celebrate our engagement with some of our closest friends. We were told that we had to reserve our table by credit card but that it would not be charged and that it was just kept on file for a reservation. We were also told that for groups over a certain number, those who decided to order food would have to use a preset menu ($25 per meal). No problem- we figured some people would order a meal and some would order drinks and everything would be fine.

To our surprise, once all our friends were there, the owner decided to come to our table telling us that everyone HAD to order food and that if someone did not want to order they could pay a cover charge of ten dollars and stand at the bar. He started arguing with me in front of all our friends so I pulled him aside and told him that we were celebrating our engagement and that this was NOT communicated to us.

He yelled at me and said that this was a restaurant and that he didn't want people sitting their just picking their noses and that they could stand at the bar and he would give our seats to someone else. I told him that we were celebrating and that this was not communicated to us and I can't just ask 10 of my friends to stand at the bar for 3 hours separate from us. As a side note, this place is advertised as a bar on google- we had found it looking for a bar and had no idea it was considered a 'restaurant' considering it had a dance floor and a bar and a DJ...

After arguing constantly we decided we wanted to leave and go to another place nearby. He told us that if we left he would charge our credit card a cover fee for every person that was part of our group ($200) as he could have already served 40 people in that time (we had arrived 20 mins before...). We decided to stay since we were being charged (and held hostage) and had to ask all our friends to pay the cover fee (which I felt so bad about) but we tried to shrug it off.

An hour later the waitress came up to us and said "Oh, by the way we are also charging you 18% gratuity per person as this is a larger group". Again, this was not mentioned to us prior....

They are a scam and they steal your money. The owner is AWFUL.

STAY AWAY.