“Oh sooooo good”
Review of Luma

Luma
Reserve with OpenTable
Luma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King and John Streets
Transit: By subway, exit at St. Andrew station on the Yonge-University Spadina line, north east corner. Travel two blocks west on King Street. By streetcar, access the King Street line to John Street.
Description: Paying homage to Toronto's rich, cultural landscape, Luma's menu showcases global and Canadian artisanal cuisine featuring the finest local and regional ingredients. Our menu is the perfect complement to the warm, inviting dining room, designed with rich woods, leather and stone and outstanding floor to ceiling views of King Street West. Luma is open for lunch on weekdays and dinner from Monday to Saturday. Drinks and light dining are also available in the lounge. Enjoy innovative cocktails and a rich, diverse wine list.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We enjoyed an evening at Luma during a recent stay in Toronto.. Reservations were made ahead of time for a window seat, which allowed the constant reminder of the hustle and bustle of King Street but in a way that made being an onlooker joyous. The service and attentiveness of the staff was supreme. The food was gorgeous and glorious. The prices were very reasonable for both the area and the quality of what is received.
Flavours impeccable, local foods front and centre.
Simply a great evening surrounded by good food, good fun and the love of family..

Thank travelling love... A
There are newer reviews for Luma

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Luma in the heart of the theatre area of the city and part of the Bell Light Box complex. This is run by the O&B team, who operate several other high profile locations in the city. While there were several middle age diners on this Saturday night, the main crowd was in the 20-30s area. The acoustic are not favourable to conversation and as the evening went on it just got louder & louder. This is a great spot for before or after theatre, but the kitchen does not stack up to the other locations. The soup this night was merely pedestrian, and one of our party had a roasted pigling, which closely resembled a pork hock that I'd find at the local deli to throw in a pot of pea soup. the review wasn't great. another of our part had a classes steak frites, a sizeable portion, however when we saw the dis come for other diners, the stack of frites dwarfed what was on our plate. Less is better!. I had the short rib dish, a perfect portion size with a few parsnip chips, 4 mushrooms, a remoulade and a very good reduction. Wine list is on the pricey side. overall, so so.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a family dinner with my husband and my parents. Nice atmosphere, great location, cool building. The service was attentive.
We all loved our apps (seared calamari, salty but great flavour). The bread is outstanding.
I had the steak and frites and not the best I have had, the fries were over cooked IMO, and think the first time in my entire life I left fries on a plate. (I love fries!).
Everyone else enjoyed their food. Desserts were great, fun drinks. So be adventurous unlike me and don't get the steak and frites and you'll have a great meal.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I ate here last night for a work dinner, we had some visitors from another office.
The Food was outstanding! We each ordered something different, and essentially licked out plates clean. Wine selection was very good, and our server Nadia took great care of us.
The Atmosphere and experience was really good. We did wait about 30 minutes in between courses, but the restaurant was busy and the food was well worth the wait.

If you go to this restaurant be sure to try their chocolate bar dessert- My God was it Good!

1  Thank Lizzie R
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had a business lunch there due to the convenient location, and wasn't impressed. The service was just OK, the food took forever to arrive, and tasted quite plain. Couldn't figure out the reason for that slow pace as the restaurant was only half full.