“Great food, great service”
Review of Luma

Luma
Reserve with OpenTable
Luma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King and John Streets
Transit: By subway, exit at St. Andrew station on the Yonge-University Spadina line, north east corner. Travel two blocks west on King Street. By streetcar, access the King Street line to John Street.
Description: Paying homage to Toronto's rich, cultural landscape, Luma's menu showcases global and Canadian artisanal cuisine featuring the finest local and regional ingredients. Our menu is the perfect complement to the warm, inviting dining room, designed with rich woods, leather and stone and outstanding floor to ceiling views of King Street West. Luma is open for lunch on weekdays and dinner from Monday to Saturday. Drinks and light dining are also available in the lounge. Enjoy innovative cocktails and a rich, diverse wine list.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I really enjoyed my experience from drinks in the bar waiting for friends to the meal, wine and service. I didn't find it an overly daring menu but it was definitely delicious and will definitely be bringing my parents at some point during a TIFF event as I know they would have no trouble finding something on the menu they would love.

• Visited May 2014

MIAMI
“Too innovative and trendy for us”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After reading all the rave reviews, we were probably expecting too much. First of all, the prices were high and the restaurant noise level was worse. For those kind of prices, we wanted atmosphere (there were no tablecloths) and to be able to hear ourselves talk, not a South Beach scene. The menu was just too creative for us, with squid, rabbit and piglet, and after 10 minutes, we couldn't find anything that appealed to us, so we left. We did not want pasta or anything with cream sauces, either. Service personnel were lovely and apologetic. Since this restaurant is in the entertainment district, it wasn't difficult finding another restaurant nearby that was quiet and romantic, at similar, if not lower prices.

Barrie, Canada
“Oh sooooo good”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We enjoyed an evening at Luma during a recent stay in Toronto.. Reservations were made ahead of time for a window seat, which allowed the constant reminder of the hustle and bustle of King Street but in a way that made being an onlooker joyous. The service and attentiveness of the staff was supreme. The food was gorgeous and glorious. The prices were very reasonable for both the area and the quality of what is received.
Flavours impeccable, local foods front and centre.
Simply a great evening surrounded by good food, good fun and the love of family..

Thank travelling love... A
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“in the middle of insanity!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Luma in the heart of the theatre area of the city and part of the Bell Light Box complex. This is run by the O&B team, who operate several other high profile locations in the city. While there were several middle age diners on this Saturday night, the main crowd was in the 20-30s area. The acoustic are not favourable to conversation and as the evening went on it just got louder & louder. This is a great spot for before or after theatre, but the kitchen does not stack up to the other locations. The soup this night was merely pedestrian, and one of our party had a roasted pigling, which closely resembled a pork hock that I'd find at the local deli to throw in a pot of pea soup. the review wasn't great. another of our part had a classes steak frites, a sizeable portion, however when we saw the dis come for other diners, the stack of frites dwarfed what was on our plate. Less is better!. I had the short rib dish, a perfect portion size with a few parsnip chips, 4 mushrooms, a remoulade and a very good reduction. Wine list is on the pricey side. overall, so so.

Columbus, Ohio
“Nice atmosphere, good food/service”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a family dinner with my husband and my parents. Nice atmosphere, great location, cool building. The service was attentive.
We all loved our apps (seared calamari, salty but great flavour). The bread is outstanding.
I had the steak and frites and not the best I have had, the fries were over cooked IMO, and think the first time in my entire life I left fries on a plate. (I love fries!).
Everyone else enjoyed their food. Desserts were great, fun drinks. So be adventurous unlike me and don't get the steak and frites and you'll have a great meal.

• Visited March 2014