“Quite the Find”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York and Bremner
Transit: Union Station.
Description: Warm hospitality, exceptional cuisine and unparalleled service - these are the hallmarks of a great dining experience and that's what the team at e11even promises to our guests. Located at the corner of York and Bremner, e11even features a menu of updated North American classics. Favourites such as crab cakes, jumbo shrimp cocktails, roast chicken, fresh fish and dry-aged steaks are complemented by classic sides like grilled asparagus, truffled parmesan fries and truffled mac and cheese. Nostalgic desserts complete the experience and include such favourites as sticky toffee pudding and warm nut chocolate brownie. With plush leather banquettes, wooden table tops, and antique mirrors, e11even offers a modern, yet comfortable Rockwell-inspired design. A communal table made from excavated hemlock timbers in the bar area, is the perfect place to gather with friends while sampling some of our specialty cocktails.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a convention and passed this restaurant after one of the sessions. Since it was lunchtime we decided to give it a try. Lovely indoor and outdoor seating with friendly wait staff. They have excellent salads, sandwiches, etc..... we were so pleased we returned the next day! Their shrimp poor boys are incredible as was their key lime cheesecake! Excellent!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We had the seared tuna salad and Maple burger with water for lunch. While the restaurant is nicely decorated, and food presentation very good, I didn't think it was $70 with tip. Service was quite slow, possibly because the restaurant was quite full. There is a patio but not much of a view - just a lot of slowly moving traffic on York Street.

1  Thank FlyAtNight
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at our accommodation late but in need of food so we headed into town and came across e11even. At first we thought it was just drinks but noticed cutlery so asked at the bar about food. Luckily they were still prepared to serve us food although it was late. We opted for 3 sides - honey peanut shrimps, whipped Philadelphia and sweet potato fries - and we were not disappointed at all. The girl that served us was polite and friendly and made us feel welcome. So glad we picked this for our first Canadian experience. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I came here for appetizers and drinks with my sister for my grandmother's 70th birthday. I could not give our experience ENOUGH STARS. All three of us have agreed that this is our new favourite restaurant in Toronto, and we all three have different tastes. The service was amazing - the staff was very kind and SO QUICK to serve us and answer our questions.

The food was unbelievable. We had the parmesan truffle fries, giant meatball, and tuna tartare. All of these dishes exceeded our expectations. Our grandmother, who often dines at the finest restaurants in Toronto and NYC was also very impressed.

The drinks blew our minds. We had the tequila sunrise, which was crafted with house-made grenadine and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds, beautiful martinis with edible flowers, and an adorable mini pitcher of flavourful sangria.

We could not rate our experience higher, and will definitely be returning! Our grandmother even says she will be returning with her husband (they are very particular with their restaurants and this even impressed her!)

Reviewed 24 May 2018

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant. The staff is very pleasant and attentive, however, I find the menu sadly lacking.

I am not a meat lover - maybe that's why - but wish they'd had a few more pasta choices on the menu. Almost ordered the chicken but when myself and 2 other women learned there were no vegetables accompanying the ! dinner, we opted for salad. I had a kale salad with walnuts and mandarins....the mandarins were a very tiny few and were tinned, not fresh. C'mon, can't you peel a mandarin for $20.00! The friend who lives nearby commented to the server that the menu hasn't changed in 10 years. He agreed that there should be more choices on offer.

This restaurant is overpriced and needs a menu overhaul. I realize it's downtown, but this was not worth it for me. I won't return.