“Yummy!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aragvi Restaurant - CLOSED

Aragvi Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: WE HAVE MOVED! Our new location is 2006 Highway 7 in Vaughan; 1 light West of Centre St. Our Toronto location is no longer in operation. Come check us out at our new home!
Thornhill
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I've been fairly addicted to this place for the last few months! I always get the khachapuri and rainbow trout. If they were open 7 days a week instead of 6 I'd be a happy camper

• Visited May 2012
10 Thank Garry K

“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you've never tried Georgian food, this is a great place to try it. Have the khatchapuri (made from the most delicious bread!!) and khinkali (dumplings) for sure! The food here is delicious, service is warm, patient, and friendly, prices very fair. The place is a little small (six tables which allow for a total of about 32 people) and gets cramped, but not so noticeable unless there are groups of families, which there were when we went.
There was one lady serving the whole place who was very kind and helpful. She assured us that she could arrange for changes to the menu but as it was our first time trying Georgian, we wanted to see what it was all about. We ordered: adjarian kachapuri with cheese and egg (I asked for the yolk to be removed), their kinkhali were huge meat-filled dumplings that tasted just like Korean mandu--very good.
chanakhi - chunks of eggplant and brisket meat in a flavourful sauce of spices (but not spicy), onions, and coriander. The combination of the spices and coriander gave this dish an unmistakeable SE Asian flavour. You should probably order it with their house bread ($2 for a generous portion) or rice as I can't imagine eating this dish on its own, though there's no law preventing one from doing so.
- Russian kebob *my least favourite dish - not sure what made these pork kebobs Russian. Chunks of meat, covered in slivered red onions and come with pickled cabbage; salad of tomato, cucumber, onion, dill; and Armenian potatoes which are fried (but not at all greasy) and flavoured with garlic and dill. I could have feasted on these potatoes alone, they were that good! They reminded me a lot of the garlic potatoes you get at the Lebanese places in Montreal, but different shape and less grease. Anyway they were GOOD. I think you have the option of these potatoes vs rice but definitely go with the potatoes! What turned me off this dish was the strong porky flavour but if you don't mind that, then don't go overlooking this dish altogether.
- chicken kebob - also served with the above; meat was very tender and juicy. Their kebob platters are single skewer (there was no indication that one can order another but I'm sure they will provide if you ask).
Definitely worth a try if you are in the area or want to try something different.

Visited October 2011
13 Thank Calamity Jane T
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious, Affordable, and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have been to Aragvi a few times in the past, and most recently went for a meal with my family. We all got different dishes and shared, and i'd have to say it was one of the best meals i've had dinning out, all for a good price. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2012
7 Thank Mitch J
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I really like this little restaurant. I'm not sure if its the BEST Toronto restaurants but it is up there for sure. I always order khingali which are kind of like dimsum; but with more flavour; probably why I like them so much! My bf ordered the adjarian khachapuri and said he really enojoyed it. Next time I go I'm trying some Georgian wine that the server was telling me about. Couldn't try it last time because I had to drive!! Overall great little place; 4/5 stars.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
20 Thank Steph K
Toronto
“Its alright, but nothing amazing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Got take out from here because its close to home and thought we should try it out. It was alright. Pretty good overall, would consider getting it again. But I wouldn't rank it the best in toronto! Are you kidding? Not even close! In fact I comepletely forgot about this place (despite it being down the street) until I saw it so highly rated on trip advisor and just HAD to say something!

• Visited December 2011