“Possibly the best Indian Cuisine I've ever had....sadly the service was lacking”

Savera Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1,816 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Such complex flavours in well cooked and well seasoned dishes.

The atmosphere is quaint. Clearly a "mom and pop" inspired design. It is a small restaurant which can make for quite the romantic dining experience. There is a small patio with outdoor dining.

I brought my partner here for a quiet dinner on date night.

The food was exceptional. We started with the Papri Chaat. It wasn't the best I've had but it is quite good. If you're new to Indian cuisine or have never tried this dish it is a unique gift to the senses. It consists of crispy fried dough chips, boiled potatoes, chick peas and chillies in a yogurt and tamarind chutney sauce. Very interesting textures and flavours. Sweet, sour, creamy, cripsy. Delicious.

We also ordered their vegetable pankoras which by far are my most favourite in all of the city. Cooked perfectly, the insides are still moist while the outside is perfectly crunchy and crisphy. Their accompanying chutneys are fabulous for dipping.

We ordered the mango chicken and cheese naan. The Naan is stuffed with cheese and cooked. quite delicious. The mango chicken although described as deep fried, is not overly greasy or oily. in fact appears more stir fried than anything. Great flavours although if we were to do it all over again we would definitely order rice with the mango chicken instead of the naan.

Overall the experience was good. However, the server seemed somewhat curt with us and a little slow in service. We waited about 15 minutes for our bill - and had to ask for it twice.

Great food. Service could use some improvement though.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Saver Indian Cuisine is the best Indian Food I ever had, (and I've tried a lot of restaurant throughout the years). The food is always so fresh, and made with love. Every person that I've brought there keeps going back, because it is so delicious. Whenever I'm in Toronto all my family and friends always meet there. I give it 5 stars!!!

Louanne

New orleans

Reviewed 10 July 2013

OMG how many times can you order a plain naan bread, and still not get it until you have nearly finished your meal?

An extensive drinks list - with extensive items missing - it is easier for them to tell you, what you want to drink!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When you bring me a fresh bottle of beer, please take the old one away, on a table of 4, things can get quite cluttered!

Food - was excellent, but not good enough to make up for the extremely poor service.

1  Thank Bobby D
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Went for dinner, and was expecting great food from the reviews on here, but what we got was simply so-so. There were 3 of us, 2 women and a 13 yr old.

We started off by ordering a mango lassi. What we received was mango puree from a can. For $3.50 a glass, a canned drink is not acceptable, and there was no milky yogurt, just pureed canned mango.

Pakora - good, nice chutney with it.

Chicken korma - good, but nothing special. Hardly any chicken in it, was mainly sauce. We were fighting for the chicken as there was not enough.

Aloo Gobi - nice, again, nothing special.

Rice - good, nice helping.

Naan - small portion.

Raita - fine.

We felt our bill was too much for what we had. Small portions and mediocre dishes. The restaurant was also very cold, we had to put our coats on half way through our meal and we hinted to the waiter it was cold but he just said yes it was cold ourside.

Lastly, the waiter was overly attentive. He stood right behind my friend and watched us eat, he continued to stand there while we paid our bill - it was really uncomfortable.

2  Thank c b
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I intended to write a long winded review about this place, but I don't think I need to.

This place is my favourite Indian food spot in Toronto - the food is incredible, and the service matches it. Prices are competitive to other Indian places around, certainly not the cheapest, but it's worth it.

I've eaten here dozens of times in the past year, and I've tried virtually everything on the menu, and it's all good. Their chicken dishes are superb, and my girlfriend loves their vegetarian options too.

Looking for good Indian food? Check this place out.