“Birthday Delights”
Review of Chowbella Taste & Travel - CLOSED

Chowbella Taste & Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Chowbella is Toronto's premier food tour company. Our walking tours are led by a local who is equally as passionate about showing off her city as she is about food. A little bit educational and heaps of fun, the tours offer VIP treatment, insider tips and ‘behind the scenes’ access to the city’s hippest neighbourhoods, best gourmet shops/restaurants and, of course, the most delectable food…tastings included! So, bring your appetite and your most comfortable walking shoes, let’s go outside and explore this exciting city through our taste buds!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I received a gift certificate on my birthday - in November - for the Chocolate and Cheese Crawl with Chow Bella. I decided to hold onto it until my mother-in-laws birthday so that we can celebrate together. We met Trina, our host, on Queen Street at Tealish. It was the begins of a wonderful day of delicious treat and terrific company. All of the stops were well chosen and the amount of walking was perfect for a very hot day. I would say that you need to save up your appetite and, of course, do not calorie count and you will enjoy the experience. The only suggestion that I would make is balance the savory choices with the sweet as it was overwhelmingly about dessert.

1  Thank A P
ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

It is an honour that you chose to spend your birthdays with Chowbella. We're so happy you enjoyed the afternoon and ti was a pleasure meeting you both. Suggestions are always welcome and we appreciate you taking the time to offer your kind words and feedback. :)

There are newer reviews for Chowbella Taste & Travel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I have lived in Toronto for many years after relocating from Montreal in the 80’s. I was recently given the Cheese and Chocolate tour for two as a gift by my family of foodies. Despite many visits to the Queen and King Streets area we were pleasantly surprised to be introduced to so many new and delightfully tasty places. The tour was well organized and our guide Trina was very friendly and knowledgeable. We learned a lot about the area and the food scene in Toronto. At each stop we were well received and it was clear that Trina is well liked and respected by everyone.
It was a good thing that there was bit of a walk between some locations because we really needed time to work off the full size treats we sampled at each stop. I highly recommend this tour for both locals and tourists. I cannot wait to try another of Chowbella’s food tours.

1  Thank PatandIan2013
ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We love it when we can introduce fellow foodies like you and your husband to new culinary delights, especially those you've walked by time and time again and didn't venture into on your own. It was a pleasure spending the afternoon with you. Thanks again for taking the time to write a fantastic review!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Chowbella food tour gives you a great blend of Toronto's eclectic food scene. I tasted several dishes I'd never heard of, as well as some new takes on my old favorites. As an added bonus, our guide provided a fantastic background on a Toronto, which is great for first-timers to the city.

-Ryan, Washington, D.C.

ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

It was a pleasure taking your family to our favourites spots along Queen Street. We truly appreciate your positive review and are delighted you enjoyed your vacation in Toronto.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

me and my girlfriend went on the tour with little expectation, but two things that we were certain about was that we both enjoyed both "chocolate and cheese". the staff was knowledgeable and everywhere we went pointed things out that as a tourist would have quickly overlooked. thank you and i highly recommend the tour for people who are visiting from out of town

ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review. Our goal is to constantly exceed expectations, with a few little surprises thrown in along the way. We're so happy you enjoyed the tour and hope to see you both again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My significant other and I have traveled a few places and try to do a food tour for every city we visit. I have to say as a self-appointed "foodie" and someone who has done food tours before, that the Chowbella Taste & Travel was the best food tour I've done so far! Our tour guide Trina was absolutely wonderful! My significant other and I were the only ones on the tour and I felt like we were talking with friends by the end. Trina made the food tour experience so wonderful. We tried so many local tastes around Toronto that my taste buds were dancing with joy by the end of the tour! It was wonderful that this tour gave you actual food, not just sample bites but whole pieces of pizza and a whole sandwich. My top two favorite stops were (because it's impossible to choose only one!) was the Lebanese restaurant and the Korean restaurant. I would HIGHLY recommend taking this food tour if you're planning on visiting Toronto. It really enhances your appreciation for the city!

2  Thank Dave S

We are truly humbled by that compliment! Thank you! So nice to hear that you and your partner enjoyed the tour, as well as your time in Toronto. Thanks you for taking the time to review the Global Bites tour.