“Fun and Full on the Global Bites Tour!”
Review of Chowbella Taste & Travel - CLOSED

Chowbella Taste & Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Chowbella is Toronto's premier food tour company. Our walking tours are led by a local who is equally as passionate about showing off her city as she is about food. A little bit educational and heaps of fun, the tours offer VIP treatment, insider tips and ‘behind the scenes’ access to the city’s hippest neighbourhoods, best gourmet shops/restaurants and, of course, the most delectable food…tastings included! So, bring your appetite and your most comfortable walking shoes, let’s go outside and explore this exciting city through our taste buds!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Surrey, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun and Full on the Global Bites Tour!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were REALLY glad we took the advice to eat light before starting out on the walking Global Bites tour. Our guide Corinne was fun, informative and kept things rolling along nicely. Interesting mix of tastes in 6 different locations. I took my daughter who lives in Toronto, and she enjoyed trying out places she had been by but never tried. A great way to spend an afternoon!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank travelsponge
ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We always say that if you're not full by the end of one of our tours, we haven't done our job. It is a food tour after all. :) We're thrilled that you were fully satisfied and that your daughter was able to discover new dining spots in Toronto. Thanks again for joining us and for taking the time to write this review.

Toronto, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Birthday Delights”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I received a gift certificate on my birthday - in November - for the Chocolate and Cheese Crawl with Chow Bella. I decided to hold onto it until my mother-in-laws birthday so that we can celebrate together. We met Trina, our host, on Queen Street at Tealish. It was the begins of a wonderful day of delicious treat and terrific company. All of the stops were well chosen and the amount of walking was perfect for a very hot day. I would say that you need to save up your appetite and, of course, do not calorie count and you will enjoy the experience. The only suggestion that I would make is balance the savory choices with the sweet as it was overwhelmingly about dessert.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank A P
It is an honour that you chose to spend your birthdays with Chowbella. We're so happy you enjoyed the afternoon and ti was a pleasure meeting you both. Suggestions are always welcome and we appreciate you taking the time to offer your kind words and feedback. :)
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chowbella Taste & Travel Delight”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I have lived in Toronto for many years after relocating from Montreal in the 80’s. I was recently given the Cheese and Chocolate tour for two as a gift by my family of foodies. Despite many visits to the Queen and King Streets area we were pleasantly surprised to be introduced to so many new and delightfully tasty places. The tour was well organized and our guide Trina was very friendly and knowledgeable. We learned a lot about the area and the food scene in Toronto. At each stop we were well received and it was clear that Trina is well liked and respected by everyone.
It was a good thing that there was bit of a walk between some locations because we really needed time to work off the full size treats we sampled at each stop. I highly recommend this tour for both locals and tourists. I cannot wait to try another of Chowbella’s food tours.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank PatandIan2013
ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We love it when we can introduce fellow foodies like you and your husband to new culinary delights, especially those you've walked by time and time again and didn't venture into on your own. It was a pleasure spending the afternoon with you. Thanks again for taking the time to write a fantastic review!
DC
“Diverse foods and great portions.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Chowbella food tour gives you a great blend of Toronto's eclectic food scene. I tasted several dishes I'd never heard of, as well as some new takes on my old favorites. As an added bonus, our guide provided a fantastic background on a Toronto, which is great for first-timers to the city.

-Ryan, Washington, D.C.

Visited May 2014
ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
It was a pleasure taking your family to our favourites spots along Queen Street. We truly appreciate your positive review and are delighted you enjoyed your vacation in Toronto.
Bronx, New York
“Little expectation huge follow through”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

me and my girlfriend went on the tour with little expectation, but two things that we were certain about was that we both enjoyed both "chocolate and cheese". the staff was knowledgeable and everywhere we went pointed things out that as a tourist would have quickly overlooked. thank you and i highly recommend the tour for people who are visiting from out of town

Visited May 2014
ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review. Our goal is to constantly exceed expectations, with a few little surprises thrown in along the way. We're so happy you enjoyed the tour and hope to see you both again the next time you're in town.