“Food was decent (for the most part), but service was non existent”
Review of Boehmer

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen St. West
Transit: Ossington 63 bus to Argyle St - walk just South on Ossington to 93. Queen Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk North on Ossington to 93. Dundas Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk South on Ossington to 93.
Description: Located in downtown Toronto on popular dining and culture destination Ossington Avenue, Boehmer is an exciting place to be. We bring local food, chefs and artists to the table in a modern & comfortable setting. For groups of 10 and over please contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went to Boehmer on Ossington last Saturday night. We will never be back. The wait staff are apathetic, and after 1 hour and 20 minutes of no main course, and worse, no acknowledgment of our wait from anyone, we should have left….the manager finally came over, not to apologize, but to give us excuses, like "the kitchen is backed up!" what!….Oh, and the table next to us who came in after us, only got 3 of their 6 main courses. So disappointed. Btw, the steamed Kale is horrible…no flavouring, the steak was meh. Other than that….well I hope you don't have to find out for yourself…spend your hard earned dollars at a more deserving restaurant where you'll be treated as you should!

4  Thank Susan B

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Came here with a few friends because we heard great review.

Here's my usual summary:

PROs:
-Location was in quaint area of Ossington. Close by to many bars if you choose to make it a night out of dinner/drinks
-Parking was decent and walking distance to the restaurant
-Acoustic was good for group conversation
-Hip and Casual Atmosphere

CONs:
- As per my other restaurant reviews, I'm all out about service. #1 reason I gave this restaurant a poor rating.
-Food arrived late and main course was not cooked at all! Mistakes happen but the way they handle it was quite horrible. Sent it back and at that point I was turned off by the raw fish infront of me that I didn't want another dish.
- No apologies and our waitress avoided our table like the black plague after sending back my meal.
-They may have all congregated about the situation because we started getting stares from all the waiters
-Good thing is they compensated me for the meal -- BUT only the value of an appetizer!

OVERALL: At the beginning, even with the main course coming late and was undercooked... I was still considering going back to try other things on the menu. Although, the service completely turned me right off that I will NEVER EVER go back to this over-rated restaurant.

3  Thank V-Y2K
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The food was very good indeed and professional service .. The only problem we had was sitting in front of the open kitchen! I think they should be finding a solution for it when sitting the customers there .. Highly recommended

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently went to dinner "Boehmer" with my wife. It was not necessarily a special occasion so much as time to get away from the daily grind. The restaurant was highly recommended by a friend and didn't disappoint. Although relatively quiet, the restaurant seemed hip and sported a great cocktail menu, including a nice drink called a dark and stormy. The seafood (specifically oysters) were super fresh and very good. The dry aged steak (although pretty expensive) was amazing. And the ravioli was also freshly made, light and tender. Overall, this was a great meal that we both really enjoyed - even though to be honest we were expecting quite a bit less.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Want to eat at Boehmer's tonight...and tomorrow night...and the night after! The service was lovely. The decor is beautiful. The music lively and contemporary.

A big thank you to the kitchen because the food was prepared perfectly. I had the foie gras with apples and black currant reduction (so good it didn't really need the maple) and the black cod - a perfect piece of fish with great tasting Asian glaze on the (generous amount of) kale and some bok choy.

(Tried to go for a drink elsewhere on the strip for a nightcap but couldn't get in - too packed!)