“Macarons are AWESOME good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2,889 of 8,405 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: North York
Neighbourhood: North York
Toronto, Canada
“Macarons are AWESOME good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I recently had an opportunity to have macarons at the Lemontree stand located at the St. Lawrence Market in downtown Toronto and it reminded me about this bakery and I felt the urge to share my judgement with you all.

I first had macarons at La Bamboche on Valentine's Day 2011, my wife and I stopped by there and bought a box of 6. They cost $2.50 which is somewhat expensive (it's probably why they don't put their prices on their website).

* * I have never had better macarons in my life so far! * * The centre ganache is superb and the taste is out of this world! The macarons I've had so far have always been stiff and dry, they always have too much sugar and not enough natural flavour.

La Bamboche offers more than 10 flavours and of the 6 we had, they each tasted of their individual flavour, something that's very difficult to find.

They are refrigerated and my advice is to eat them the day you buy them. We tried saving them for the next day and the shell gets a little dry and crumbly.

• Visited February 2011