“Two Nights in June”

Making Waves Boatel
Ranked #3 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Boatel in early June. Ted and Diane were great hosts. They were warm and interesting to talk to and very helpful to us when we wanted to know more about Toronto. The boat itself is very cool. Very good location. Easy access to the city, to the water, to the hop-on/hop-off bus and to Ontario's shoreline running trail. Great stay!

Room Tip: My wife and I picked the big room, and that's worth the price.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottmitchell74

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at the Boatel July 22-24th. Must say that meeting Diane and Ted along with their beautiful accomidations was the highlight of the trip. Diane and Ted have a way of making you feel like family. Within walking distance of the greater downtown area, Diane was very helpful in pointing out ways to see the city.
Count on a great breakfast to start your day and a comfortable spotless cabin to end your evening. If you just want to relax, grab a cup of coffee and sit on deck. The view is perfect watching the harbor activity.
There is a lot of construction going on in Toronto. Noise from the construction was not an issue.The Boatel was easy to locate via car and easy to depart from. Parking was made very simple with the help of Diane in a secure parking garage.
Thank you for a lovely experience. We plan to return!
OH...my Yonana machine arrived today. Plan to try it out this weekend. Thanks for introducing such a fun way to make a healthy dessert.

Room Tip: The guest room with the attached bathroom is a plus.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DisneyJ
Boatelboat, Owner at Making Waves Boatel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

It was so wonderful to meet you and have you stay as our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Diane & Ted

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We are a family of 5 who rented the entire boat for 4 nights - it was wonderful. Breakfast is amazing - I was partial to the pumpkin blueberry pancakes :) Yummy!

Diane and Ted are great hosts. We felt comfortable the entire time. Diane was our personal travel guide! She provided ideas and discounts to many of the places we enjoyed! She even took my daughter to get a pedicure - my daughter loved it!

I highly recommend this option. It is unique and well worth it. The location on the water is beautiful. Thanks Diane and Ted for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cwheelh1
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Our weekend to the Boatel was to celebrate Bruces's birthday! What a surprise when it was turned into our engagement weekend as well! Diane and Ted were incredible hosts. Their Boatel is simply amazing!! Very cozy, and our room was lovely! We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the breakfasts immensely. Such a unique alternative to the average B&B! We are a couple, with the profound understanding that travel is as much about where you are going, as it is about the people you encounter when you get there, this so rings true with the new friends we met ...Thank you Ted and Diane for a very very special weekend!! We will see you both again :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Boatelboat, Owner at Making Waves Boatel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Congratulations on your engagement! We were so happy to be a part of that really special weekend.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Perfect location with access to all Toronto and islands. Despite being so near bustle and hustle, surprisingly peaceful on board. Nice hosts and deliciously different breakfasts. Will be back most certainly.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I initially booked the Boatel because I loved the on the water location and proximity to the Toronto islands and molson amphitheater. Check and check. I was a little concerned about motion sickness, as I am prone, and did not care much abt the breakfast, since I usually don't eat much in the mornings and, being gluten intolerant, usually can't eat the standard options of toast waffles cereal anyway! Having stayed there 2 nights I can honestly say I'd go back just for the breakfast. (And clearly had no motion issues as i felt well enough to eat!) Diane was super accommodating and creative about my dietary restrictions, and each day provided a home cooked fresh meal I would never have gotten anywhere other than my own home (only better!). Additionally, my expectations were low in the accommodations dept- I thought the boat would inherently have small showers and basic beds- another huge positive surprise. The beds and rooms were extremely comfortable and spacious. The showers were ample and very clean. A very professional operation with the personal touch Diane and Ted bring by having us on board at their home. I loved it. Will go back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Toronto this year and found this B&B online. What a fantastic experience! Diane and Ted were wonderful hosts. DIane was so helpful in ideas for our trip, setting up reservations, and making phone calls. She couldn't have been more accommadating! The bed and rooms were comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious! Fresh fruit homemade food with all dietary restrictions covered. The views from the boat were fabulous, docked right next to a tall ship with views of CN Tower, Toronto Islands, and theToronto skyline. We were with another couple and they raved about our stay and said it was the most relaxing vacation they have had In a long time! I cannot recommend this fabulous B&B enough

Stayed: July 2013