“Good place before an early flight.”

Courtyard Toronto Airport
Ranked #76 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stay here when we have an early flight out of Toronto. We were glad to see that the renovations had been completed. Hotel looks pretty good. Staff are friendly. The room could use some renovations. I was a little surprised that the bed was not as comfortable as we have come to expect at the Marriott locations we visited. Maybe the room we stayed in is on a list for a new mattress. It wasn't the worst bed we have ever encountered in a hotel but not up to normal Marriott standards.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Spriglet
Thank you for taking your personal time to let us know about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. As you pointed out we are in the updating process for our property and we will be continuing this process throughout the year to come. Our new lobby & Bistro area have had great comments and we are redoing the Fitness area next and will then we will be doing some meeting room updates. We just installed Fridges & Microwaves in all of our rooms last week. Our beds were replaced last year along with a room refreshing, I am sorry you did not enjoy it. If you can reach out to me directly I can see if it is an isolated issue with the room you were in. Once again, Thank you for your business and please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I generally try to stay at Marriott hotels when I travel so I booked at this location to attend a conference.
It's very much a standard Courtyard hotel. The lobby area has been renovated and looks great. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location is easy to get to and there are several eating establishments within walking distance.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was great! Everything in the room was in good working order.
For a night or two on a business trip, it was perfect. Very reasonable price compared to other airport hotels, and includes free wifi, (which worked great).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Coorsguy
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport.
Great to hear the positive comments and that it makes it easier when on the road, that is our number one priority. Glad you loved the bed and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed for one night as part of a conference. Felt slightly off beaten path when I tried to track down fellow conference goers from other hotels. Front desk staff was helpful upon check in and also to get me a cab. Lobby felt crowded and elevator woodwork had been recently varnished (that day?) so smell going up and down on elevator from room was strong and was worried about leaning against wood for fear of staining white shirt. Rooms were fine and hotel shuttle was good too. No substantial issues, solid hotel.

Dear Todd F
I am sorry about the issue with the elevator panels, we did just up- date the elevators and had all the brass resurfaced and wood panels done to keep a clean and updated product. The majority of our clients like the location with the easy access to all highways 401-427 and 407 to get downtown or to any calls in any direction in the city, as well as a large amount of restaurants and sports bars within walking distance. Our front desk team would be happy to assist in providing directions and services to help meet up with friends or colleagues.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had an early flight out so stayed here for proximity to the airport. Lobby is nice and looks pretty new. The prices at the Bistro are reasonable, which is always nice. The bed and linens are very nice and comfortable. But the rest of the room feels older. The thermostat was difficult to change, it felt like I was going to push it through the wall. The noise from the planes can be loud, especially the big planes. The ice maker in the hallway sounds like a prop plane... REALLY loud. The rooms do not have lotion in them standard, which I found to be very odd, but the front desk provided some. The staff is friendly and helpful too. The regularly scheduled airport shuttle is nice as you do not have to call or schedule it. It is OK to stay here for a night, but I would try a different hotel if I had a multi-night stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear MtnMatt1749
I have reviewed your comments with our team and ownership and we take all our guest comments seriously. We had received a couple of comments on the ice machines and we have ordered new units and they are being installed as I write this. The first unit went in last week these units are silent. We have will be putting lotion back in the rooms as this is an item that we have seen on a couple of guest comment cards and now your review. We cannot complete everything that our clients request but we do listen and take our guests suggestions when possible.
Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future or for any comments or questions. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, your business is appreciated.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the Toronto Airport. Since we had all day meetings in Mississauga, and a late flight in, it made sense to stay by the airport.

The hotel has had the renovation of the lobby to add the "Bistro" that is ubiquitous now a days at the Courtyard. So, the lobby is fresh and new but it looks like that's where the renovations stopped.

The rooms are looking a little tired and in need of a little TLC. Don't get me wrong - it was clean and the linens were newer but the bed was a little firm for my taste and the rest of the furniture in my room was a little long in the tooth.

I've stayed at some of the other airport hotels, but they were full so gave this one a try - will likely go back to one of the others next time...

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed for one night, picked the hotel based on the whirlpool hot tub: which was closed... for repairs or something. That was disappointing.
Wanted coffee in the morning, but my room's coffee pot was missing the cup where the filter goes, so no coffee.... that was disappointing.

Stayed for business, rooms were nice, and clean, and there was a few restaurants within walking distance so that was good.

Would pick another location next time.

1  Thank Eyeluv2Travel
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for 1 night on Sep 27. The room is reasonably comfortable and comparable to other Courtyard I have stayed before. It looks a bit old but it's clean and OK. When I checked in, I asked for a wake-up call at 06:30. The phone did not ring until 06:45. Other than that, no major complaints.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 137 in Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Courtyard Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!