“Beware”

Courtyard Toronto Airport
Ranked #74 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was a clean place and the beds were good. Since it is near the airport you would expect plane noise. It is directly in line with the most active runway. Lots of jet noise. Then there was the charge for the bottled water that we didn't touch. And they charge you for the news paper even if you don't want it. And our booking said free breakfast. They offered breakfast but it was not free. They did take the water and news paper charges off the bill but if we hadn't noticed and pursued it there would have been hidden charges for each of our 3 rooms. Makes me wonder if the free internet would have been free or not?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rraln4
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear rraln4
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. I am sorry that there was any confusion over the package that you had booked and any of the items that are included and what is not. Our service team will make sure to review with all our members of the inclusions with the different packages going forward. It was certainly not our intention to have any additional charges added to your room. Please contact me directly to follow up on this I and will review each point with you one on one. Thank you again for your business and I hope you will give us the opportunity on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Toronto Airport

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here once with a package for park sleep fly about two years ago ....This is an average hotel , stay was fine ,sleep was okay ...yes you can hear planes but you're beside the airport I expected that.... The shuttle service was adequate and didn't cost any extra... The price to park your car and have a hotel room and shuttle service was fair

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bemerry05

Dear Bemerry05
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. We have made a lot of changes over the last couple of years since your last stay. Our team wants to thank you for your business and hope to welcome you back in the near future. please contact the hotel directly to follow up on this or any other matter.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel prior to my flight to Baltimore. Needless to say I was not impressed with the service I received. When I went to check it the gentleman told me that parking was not included in the price I paid. I had told him that it was and he asked me to provide him proof that it was included. I have him my receipt which showed it was included and he had no comment. When I asked him if he needed my Marriott Rewards card he said " because you booked it on Orbitz you will not get any points anyways " Needless to say his attitude was not very inviting...I will think twice before returning to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul-Sue-Travel
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear PaulwithSusan
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. I am sorry you did not have a great experience at our property we take great pride in our service and we did not meet your or our expectations on this stay. Our service teams will review your comments.
James our Director of Sales and Marketing has reached out to you directly to address your individual concerns. We thank you for your business and please contact James for further follow up.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were on our way the Canadian Maritimes when Hurricane Arthur had a different plan for us. Our flight to Saint John, NB was cancelled because of the storm and Air Canada booked us as a courtesy into the Courtyard by YYZ airport.
The shuttle bus was roomy and the air conditioning was blowing -- a welcome treat for a family whose plans had just been disrupted.
The front desk staff was very pleasant and understanding.
There's a nice 'bistro' on the main floor which has really good food, though the hours and menu were a bit limited. That said, it got the job done.
The "market" by the front desk has an assortment of snacks and drinks available as well.
There's also a number of restaurants nearby - a few in walking distance and even more a short cab ride away.
The room was very nice and clean. It's not a four-star resort, but then again we didn't expect it to be. For a regular hotel room it is very nice and a lot better than many others I've stayed at. I wish the a-c had been blowing full blast before we arrived, but I understand the economics and it didn't take long for the room to get comfortable.
There's a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee-maker in the room - which came in very handy.
There's wi-fi available (the front desk will give you the code).
One small thing I really appreciated was the alarm clock in the room. Too many hotels forget this little detail - even more expensive hotels
The water pressure in the shower was wonderful (although the shower seemed a bit narrow to me, though not a big deal).
We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but I presume it is very nice based on the rest of the hotel.
Another positive -- even though you're very close to the airport and see planes landing and departing at all hours, the aircraft sound is minimal. You'd hardly know you were by an airport.
As it happened, we could not get a confirmed flight out for two days and wound up staying a second night... opting to remain at the Courtyard. Air Canada would not pay for the second night (since the flight cancellations were weather-related) but did provide us with a number for a discounted rate of $99cad for the second night.
That second day we rented a car (taking the shuttle bus back to the airport to pick it up) and did some sightseeing in Toronto.
Would I stay there again?? You bet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Flymeawayyyyyy
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. Great o hear you had a good experience at our property during a frustrating delay in traveling.
Our team’s number one goal is to make sure our guests have a great stay with us and it is nice to read the positives of their actions and our property.
We all thank you for your business and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here one night. Parked vehicle for the week. Staff were helpful and pleasant. The bed is so comfortable. They have replaced all beds in the hotel. The rooms have fridge and microwave. There is a small reasonable priced canteen you can purchase microwave dinners, snacks etc. A small bistro with average food but super friendly staff. Everything was clean. I didn't get to use the pool but it looked great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Finewine56

Dear Finewine56
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. The title of your review is exactly what all out team wants to hear “Service with a smile”. We are happy we were able to make your travel experience a better one.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel again, and the majority of my experience was very nice. The staff is very courteous and helpful, and the addition of the Bistro is very nice. But the property is an older one and there are some updates that need to me made...especially the number and location of outlets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy S
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Joyce_Gtown
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport.
Glad to see the majority of your stay was very positive and the team provided friendly service. We are in the process of updating the property and one of the areas we are looking at is how to provide more accessible outlets.
Our entire team thanks you for your business it is appreciated. Please contact me if you would like to follow up on this or any other matter.
Peter Kingsbury

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I beleive it was a good choice to stay here during mu business trip. The hotel is right on the side of the airport. It has a Bistro where you can eat breakfast, have a grab for dinner and a bar for a good glass of wine. The room price is very good and the personel helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cele46
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Cele46
We appreciate you taking the time to complete your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport. I am glad you believe the right choice and that you liked the Bistro and facilities at our Hotel. Thank you for pointing out that our service team was helpful and that you would stay here again on your next visit.
Once again our entire team would like to thank you for your business and for the positive review and we hope we can raise the score to a 5 out of 5 on your next visit. Please contact me directly if you would like to follow up further or I can be of any assistance in the future.

Peter Kingsbury

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Courtyard Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!