“Amazing value for an excellent stay.”

Days Inn - Toronto East Lakeview
Ranked #100 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My friends and i stayed at days inn lakeview 2 weeks ago for about 4 days when we visited my family in scarborough until we r able to stay at her place. Location is great! Its about a 10 min drive to my aunts place and 10-15 min drive to the heart of downtown toronto. Transit is also very good having a bus stop right in front of the hotel. The staff if very welcoming and accomodating. They were very nice and helpful at all times. Nice clean spacious rooms awaited us at arrival. The neighbourhood is also quiet so u can expect a good nights rest after a tiring day. I felt right at home when i stayed there and i kinda wish im staying there for the rest of my trip. Oh well, now i know where to go next time i visit.:)

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Jenna0617

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had to attend a birthday party at the Legion Hall on Kingston Road so I stayed the weekend at Days Inn, Toronto East Lakeview. This hotel had free breakfast and a comfortable room. The receptionist was also very nice. I arrived at 11:00am and was able to get a room immediately. The room was clean. Parking was great. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the lower floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosie11355
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Although everything else seemed to be okay with this motel, which does have an elevator and breakfast to its credit, I have to agree with the other visitor who had bug bites. My inlaws saw one and knew what it was right away. They complained and were offered a different room and when I asked what would happen to the other room they told me it would be closed until pest control came. They are definitely aware of the problem. They did not offer a refund because it was booked through an online booking site, but they said they would grant it if they were contacted by Expedia. Would rate it a 3 if it wasn't for this problem.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BostonToronto
Reviewed 2 November 2011

After realizing i had left my camera behind in the room, i called only to be told it wasn't in the lost and found... This told me that the staff had not turned it in. So much for the administration hiring reputable staff.
I also was not impressed with the cleanliness or lack of the hotel. The elevator reaked of smoke. The walls in the room and bathroom had holes ... under the bed hadn't seen a vacuum in a long time... the dust bunnies were big enough to even scare off the easter bunny.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryll D
Reviewed 19 October 2011

When Kingston Road was the only eastern entrance to Toronto, there was a plethora of good inexpensive hotels and motels along the strip east of where Danforth Avenue and Kingston Road meet. The Lakeview Inn is the closest to the junction and perhaps the newest on the strip. The inn is clean and modern.

Our room, 129 was on the main floor and quite austere. It had two queen beds, a washroom, and an old fashioned TV (remember picture tubes?). There was a small table and two chairs and a small hutch for clothing that also held the TV. The coffee maker only came with one package of coffee but the bathroom was nicely equipped with lots of towels, shampoo, conditioner and hand soap.

The beds were moderately firm and the pillows soft and inviting.

I can't imagine who would find this hotel location convenient. The hotel is located in the former city of Scarborough, quite some distance from the attractions of downtown. We were staying one night as our nearby house was under renovation. People driving into Toronto from the east cannot access the hotel directly as there is a boulevard and no left turn into the parking lot.

There is a bus stop 60 metres east of the hotel. The only bus that will take you directly to the subway doesn't stop at that stop during rush hours. The 12 km ride to northeast Scarborough took 40 minutes with one transfer. I would guess about the same time to downtown. That said, the parking is free and that along with the free breakfast make it quite attractive.

BTW: No bedbugs were seen or felt. I believe posters should be careful using the bedbug card as it unfairly taints a good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Best for visits in southern Scarborough or eastern Toronto There is no view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Allan S
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Woke up with bed bug bites on my face the next day! The hotel is very much aware that the place is infested but will not admit it. We were offered a room without bed bugs (how is this possible when I`m sure the whole place is infested?) but we declined and left. The man at the desk was very rude about it too and accused us of lying. How could I be lying when there are bites all over my face? Terrible hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank polkadotsprinkles
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Days Inn East Lake view is the best Days Inn facility that I've stayed in so far (I've stayed in as many as 5 facilities). It is located in a neighborhood called Scarborough. It takes about $30 to get there by cab from downtown Toronto and $3 if you take public transit. By cab, you could reach in about 20 minutes if flow of traffic is free. By public transit (you need to take a bus and Toronto’s subway) it takes about 45-50 minutes in rush hours and slightly more than an hour off rush hours. The bus stop is located about half a kilometer from the hotel. The purpose of my trip was business and I took public transit all the time. I did not have to travel to downtown everyday, so the fact that it was not very close to the centre was not an issue to me. There’re fast food chains located within a kilometer’s distance from the hotel. It is a quiet neighborhood and may seem scary to venture out at night. I happened to go out after 9pm a couple of times and although it felt lonely, nobody bothered me and I had no incidents. I would however recommend using the cab if you need to go out late and public transit would be very inconvenient to use after 7pm anyway.

As far as the hotel itself is concerned, I was quite happy. The staff is very courteous and helpful. There is plenty of space for car parking. The facility is clean. Although corridors smell like cigarette smoke, the room itself was very clean. I did not hear voices from the neighboring rooms (as some guests have expressed concerns in other review sites). My room was a “queen size” and it was fairly spacious to accommodate a family of four. Room service was excellent. Breakfast was very good. Their waffle-maker is already popular in multiple websites. They provide plenty of fruits every morning. They do not start cleaning up the breakfast area as soon as the clock strikes 9.30 (like they do in some motels) as long as the lobby has guests who are having breakfast.

Overall, I was very happy with the facility for the price I paid. Toronto is an expensive city as far as hotel accommodation is concerned and staying anywhere within a 10 km radius from the centre you would end up paying over $150 per night. I would say, cheap price, good quality stay with a not-very-difficult access to the centre.

Bottom-line: Families with children who tend to get tired at the end of the day, consider this option if you could use a cab towards the end of a tiring day of sight-seeing. If you have a car or if your purpose is touring with a schedule where you would visit the city’s attractions during the day and just return to the place to sleep, then this is definitely the place for an economic stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo