“Good for one night”

Days Inn - Toronto East Lakeview
Ranked #98 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The service here was good. The hotel itself is old and needs updating. But for our needs it was just right. We just needed something close to a party we attended and this was good for that. The curtains kept blowing open when the a/c was on which made it easy for people to see in our room from the street. My wife made some guys day who was passing by on the street when she came out of the shower in her birthday suit. lol Would not stay longer than 1 night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel was clean and very close to Bluffers Marina. < 5 minutes away
Excellent place to stay includes continental b"fast but because we were out off there for 4:45am we could not have breakfast but complimentary coffee and muffins were available earl birds like us.
Will most likely use this hotel next time we book with Ryan at http://www.wepoundemfishing.com/.

Room Tip: very quiet we chose the north side room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This place was one of the cheapest in the area (the other was a Howard Johnson with horrible reviews.) and it had vague reviews. I thought I'd help out make some things clear.

Pros: Free wifi in rooms (crappy at times but I'm using it to post this review from my iPhone), free breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, and continental), free parking, in-room microwave, fridge, flat screen TVs, spacious rooms. Near Lake Ontario, 30 min away from downtown Toronto. Lost of restaurants/grocery options nearby. The staff I encountered was nice, and helpful.

Cons: dated and signs of heavy use showing. Needs a renovation. No safes. Our sink was broken but they fixed it when we told them. We would shut it off and it would keep running, we could mess with it a little and it would shut off, but they fixed it so it works properly. There are marks all over the place (in the tub, on the walls, on the carpets, on the mirrors in the bathrooms) but I guess you get what you pay for!

Unknown: Pool, gym, vending/ice, and elevators: I didn't visit these areas.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay and have been here many times. Staff was friendly and welcoming. When I arrived I was given key cards for my room but when I entered the room, it was a mess since it hadn't been done yet. We returned to front desk and he gave us another room without delay. Ok.

The rooms have a weird smell in them and since we cannot open any windows or doors it's not very pleasant. This must be some of the cleaning products they use. Is there no way to circulate fresh air from outdoors into the rooms? I feel like I am really enclosed in my room and would love some fresh air but the air conditioning unit only recirculates the air inside the room and cools it.

Some of the sheets in my bed were ripped and coming off while I slept and so they should change sheets and bed covers when they become worn out.

The continental breakfast was ok.

Overall a good experience but could use some improvements and I would love to see the inside of the hotel renovated. I will definitely be returning as it is conveniently located.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family