“Lovely find!”

Old Mill Toronto
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice neighbourhood, nice hotel with lovely grounds and surrounding parkland. Greeted by friendly staff. Rooms tidy and hygienic. Easy access to the Old Mill subway (five mins walk). Would stay again. Spa came in handy after I wore my feet out pounding round downtown.

Room Tip: If staying for more than four days, and likeky to be in and out of downtown, buy a weekly travel pas...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank NeilOxley
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear NeilOxley,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Toronto. With many sights and activities to see and do around the city, we are conveniently located for easy access to Toronto's must see attractions.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Old Mill Toronto

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were married at Old Mill and returned for our first anniversary. Could not have made a better choice. Its expensive but sooooo beautiful. We stayed in a suite and it was luxurious. Staff left a welcome present and card. Greeted by several with a happy anniversary

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Adam H

Dear adamharwood,

Congratulations on celebrating your one year wedding anniversary! Thank you for choosing to come back and celebrate this occasion with us after getting married here at The Old Mill.

We look forward to being part of many more of life's milestones for you and your family.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Old Mill for a romantic getaway and had a wonderful time. Great room with a nice view (room 502) and excellent service. Thoroughly enjoyed the spa experience too. We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jodely
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Jodely,

Thank you for choosing to say with us for your romantic getaway. Voted as Toronto's #1 Romantic Hotel, we take special care in ensuring our guests have all the special ingredients to make their stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another romantic interlude!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently stayed at the OM as part of a business function. The hotel is gorgeous (if a bit confusing) and the rooms are wonderful, quiet, spacious. In fact, my suite was a bit over the top for what I needed for work: in addition to the two queen beds each with royal bedchamber-type drapes at the headboards, desk, chair, and double wardrobe, I had a full-size sitting room with an (electric) fireplace. The bathroom had a shower, deep-soak jacuzzi tub, double sink and vanity, and separate toilet area. I slept very well, never had trouble with the stereos, TV, desk, HVAC, noise, etc. I ate once at the bar and had good soup and dessert, but the function food was only average.
As for the location of the hotel, if you like a break from the city, this is a great place. You can walk to the subway (3 mins) and ride into town or you can walk the grounds of the hotel or wander down by the river at the Brule park and greenway. I found out about the park because the OM guest guide actually lists multiple routes for running and walking outside, which I really like. The OM is a great place to be close to the city but not in the noise and bustle when you want down time.
Only word of warning, because the neighborhood is so quiet, there is nothing to buy anywhere nearby, e.g., food, snacks, convenience store. When I was jonesing for chocolate, I had two choices--mini bar or train station newstand--not a 7-11 to be found.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Laurie_B_VA,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your most recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your business trip and were able to enjoy the relaxation that Old Mill has to offer. With regards to local conveniences, there is a local gas station with 4 minutes walking that is 24 hours. And as for chocolate, next time you stay here and have a sweet tooth craving, our Front Desk team would be happy to give some extra turn down chocolates.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Old Mill Inn for a business function. I was able to arrive early and spend two extra nights after the two day function. My room was a wonderful relaxing retreat. Although I could see Bloor Street West and the subway from my window, I felt (and was) comfortably buffeted from intrusive noise - day and night. The building and its surroundings look and are a retreat unto themselves. My work hours in the room before and after the function were productive, relaxed and unhurried. Colleagues and friends have told me of spending wonderful jazz related retreats at the Inn. Unfortunately I did not experience that short of the wonderful jazz station playing at various times throughout the Inn. The service we received as a group and me individually was professional, courteous and friendly. Our meals were excellent and service discreet and courteously focussed. I travel a lot for business and pleasure; there are few places I feel reluctant to leave. This was one of them. I'll definitely go back. PS As a lap swimmer I was sorry there wasn't a lap pool. But it's not the first time

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GeeDubU238

Dear GeeDubU238,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst vising Toronto on business. Our corporate guests have fallen in love with the ease of access to their meetings and having all the conveniences of conducting business while on site here at the Old Mill. In addition, we provide a quiet haven for relaxation when the work day is done.

We look forward to welcoming you back whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

After a long train journey from Montreal and an unbelievable experience with an insane taxi driver from Union Station, who tried to make us get out at the subway station and finally drove the wrong way into the wedding chapel, we had to be rescued by someone from reception. From then on all we had to do was relax. A jazz trio was playing in the bar, and after settling into the room, where light jazz was playing and a fake fire was flickering in the fireplace, we went down to the bar. Organic beer and shared sliders went down very well as it was quite late by then. There was a wedding going on, and some of the guests were in the bar, but it didn't impinge, as the main wedding area is across the courtyard in the function rooms. There were also people there for a Benny Goodman tribute evening with a 1940s theme. People often tell me that they fall asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow, but I have never experienced this before staying at the Old Mill. The bed was so comfortable I looked forward to getting into it all day. I had been walking up Mont Royal in Montreal and doing a lot of other walking, and had a cramped seat on the train, so my calves and feet were aching. I went along to the spa the next morning to organise a massage, and they arranged it for the afternoon. A Swedish lady came into the relaxing waiting area (a bit like that episode of Friends, everyone talks in hushed tones) and led me into a magnificent massage room with a flickering fire, quiet music and when I lay on my back a Georgian style moulded ceiling with really nice light fittings. Spas usually don't bother too much with the actual treatment rooms. It was expensive, but I was able to walk without any pain, something a massage has never been able to completely achieve before. Included in the stay was a basic continental breakfast in the restaurant along a corridor (or across the courtyard if the weather is nice) and this was more than enough, with pastries, cereals, juices, cheese and ham, yoghourt etc. Service at breakfast was good until they had more than 4 customers to deal with, when they seemed to struggle a bit. We wanted to go to Niagara Falls for the day, and reception booked it for us. The gym was in a dungeon, but well equipped. Bar staff are wonderfully friendly. A commute into Toronto, but a great experience.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Vivienne W,

Thank you for sharing your most recent trip to Old Mill with future Trip Advisor travelers. Our beds have become famous for guests needing a good night's sleep and we take pride in ensuring our rooms and services are top notch.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We found this property on tripadvisor.com.au and it is terrific.
Excellent rooms with a great bed and bathroom, good bar, and adequate breakfast. The location is good too, an easy walk to the subway which takes 20 minutes to downtown.
The staff are well trained and obliging, and know Toronto well. The property specialise in weddings and romantic getaways, so the is always something going on in the gardens and function rooms, but ordinary guests like us were well catered for too.
We made the best decision to rely on previous tripadvisor.com.au recommendations and book our long weekend from Melbourne at the Old Mill Inn Toronto.

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th floor. The air conditioning in the ceiling ground away all night and interrupted our j...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear gerryp24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with future travelers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We make every effort to ensure our guests get the possible service for all of their tourist needs while being able to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the historic Old Mill

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.