“Great Place to Stay”

Old Mill Toronto
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the Old Mill for 2 nights, before and night of our wedding. We had a lovely suite, which was the size of many downtown Toronto condos. It was very comfortable and convenient for us. We'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Michelle L,

Congratulations on your nuptials! Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your wedding overnight and for sharing your experience with future visitors.

Our staff make every effort to ensure that all the details are tended to make each guest stay most memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more of life's special moments.

There are newer reviews for Old Mill Toronto

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Since we have relatives living close to the Old Mill, this is our 'go to' place to stay when we visit. How fortunate we are! We stayed in room 510 this time, a king suite, and loved the room. Quiet, very comfortable bed, nice furnishings, slightly dated but very nice bathroom. The continental breakfast was included in the price of the room and was OK - the usual cereals, yoghurts and baked goods along with some deli meats, salmon and fruit. If you are looking for an elegant place to stay and price isn't a deal-breaker then you have found your place!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Demisemiquaver,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your most recent stay to the Old Mill Toronto. We are delighted to welcome you here as your home away from home when visiting family.

We take pride in all of our services and all that Old Mill has to offer and we look forward to welcome you back again and again!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the Old Mill last week, because I had purchased a Groupon discount for this hotel, anticipating a visit to Toronto. I wanted to try this hotel, never having stayed here before. I was disappointed. The grounds of the complex are absolutely beautiful and I was expecting great things, from what I had heard from others, and the park- like setting, that greeted me, upon arrival. I was disappointed. It was more than an easy walk from the Old Mill Subway Station. Check-in was slow. My room was number 211, which was conveniently located within the complex, close to the elevators. The remote control unit for the television worked on a hit-or-miss basis. A note in the shower instructed me to "push the button" to divert the water to the shower head. I couldn't find it easily. After about 20 wasted minutes, I called the front desk. Someone arrived to assist me. The room was cold on arrival. No one had bothered to prepare the room in advance of my check-in. The much-touted fireplace was decorative, but not a heat source. The bed looked welcoming . However, the mattress proved to need replacing. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. Something kept disturbing my sleep during the night. I opted to skip the cold continental breakfast included with the Groupon. The upgrade to a hot continental breakfast didn't look very appealing. I skipped that, too. Everything about the menu looked "average", except the prices. I had noticed that about their dinner menu the night before. I won't be staying at the Old Mill again. I enjoy warmth and comfort when I travel and I want everything in my room to function, without incident. Value for money (VFM) here, was questionable, at best.

Room Tip: Make sure everything in it works as designed and that the bd is comfortable. Otherwise, ask them to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear CanadianHere,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the experience you were looking for. Our staff made every effort to ensure that your needs were met through multiple visits to your room to show you how the various features worked in addition to accommodating an early check in for you hours before our check in time, and arranging for taxi service to the nearby subway just steps away from the hotel.

Old Mill has become famous for providing a good night’s rest and a heavenly experience for most of our travelers. We aim to please in every way possible.

While we strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable, it is clear that what we offer was not to your suitability and for that I do apologize.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The attention to detail and commitment to excellent service create a beautiful experience.If the location and venue are the crown, then the staff are the jewels in the crown. I can find no fault. The perfect escape to get away from it all. I will be back.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a Luxury King room which was beautiful - the bathroom was gorgeous but I imagine t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear 10Judy10,

Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with future Trip Advisor guests. We are glad that you found the "perfect pace for some TLC" here at the Old Mill.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is our second time back to the Old Mill Toronto. The setting of the Old Mill is exquisite, set amongst new Toronto construction, the old historical mill sits. The grounds are lovely. Great for walks. The suites and rooms are truly beautiful. The staff spoils you from the moment you step through the front doors, from the reception desk where we met James, to your room with soft music playing and the fireplace going (seasonally, of course). A chilled bottle of wine awaits you in your room, candles around the soaker tub. A stocked bar, if you wish to partake for a fee! Lindsay checked in to be sure that our room was as we expected. Checkout the following day was quick and easy. This is a great place to go to unwind for a brief moment in time.

Room Tip: If you can book a room in the old part of the Mill, you are in for a real treat.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandra M,

Welcome back and thank you for choosing to stay with us again! We are honoured to have you as part of the Old Mill family and providing you with a memorable experience that want you to come back for more.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This place is just close enough to downtown Toronto, but a world away. My husband and I were celebrating my birthday and everyone was really nice. Don't expect to get an early check-in, especially if the hotel is full. We enjoyed the King suite with the seperate living room area. The river is very close by and there were trails to walk and if it was warmer, we would have done more. We enjoyed the free continental breakfast which had pasteries, cerials, fruit and lunch meats and cheese--definately enough, They also had a jazz band on Friday that was enjoyable and relaxing. The best thing we ordered was the cheese platter for $25, but it was enough for us to enjoy with wine for 2 days. They do have a work-out room which is very small and you feel like you are in a basement of a castle--go outside and enjoy the area, weahter permitting. Overall we emjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Micht123,

Happy Birthday and thank you for choosing Old Mill as your special place for this occasion! We welcome guests from near and far who are looking for a special getaway and we are delighted that we exceeded your expectations.

Known for our unique location, we offer a peaceful and relaxing haven while being close to all the major attractions of Downtown Toronto.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our recent stay at the Old Mill Toronto. I actually bought it on groupon and am so glad I did. The hotel was really beautiful and our room was really nice. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The grounds are very pretty and it is located by the river. There are walking and biking trails along the river that are very nice for walking or riding bikes. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Julie H,

Thank you for booking your overnight stay with us on Groupon and for sharing your review with future travelers. Our romantic packages have become very popular as Old Mill has much to offer with our many services and beautiful surrounding area for our guests to enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!