“Quiet and comfortable- fabulous bath and breakfast!”
Review of Old Mill Toronto

Old Mill Toronto
Ranked #14 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Poole UK
“Quiet and comfortable- fabulous bath and breakfast!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights on road trip up from a Niagara. Wanted a hotel a little different to the downtown ones and this certainly fitted the bill. Quietly confident and pleasant hotel staff. Lovely room and spacious bathtub. Great choice of food for a continental breakfast. Near the Old Mill Subway- only down side is the distance to downtown but then that's the choice I made!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear SDPPooleUK,

Thank you for choosing the Old Mill as part of your Canadian visit. We are delighted to know that you found what you are looking for. Old Mill has the convenience of being just minutes from the downtown core while providing our guests with the perfect escape.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at The Old Mill on the evening before my wedding. I wanted a place that would be a little more spacious for getting ready on that morning, and so I was fortunate to have met Vas Kolovos (the manager) when I went in to book the Deluxe King Suite (Room 401)! IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL ROOM and I am so happy I stayed there! Vas was so helpful from July when I booked to January when I stayed. The evening before my wedding, she was supposed to finish work at 5, but waited until 8:30pm when I got there to say hello and to make sure that everything was to my liking!! That's customer service!! She also helped me get the room at a more affordable rate!!!! The room had a gorgeous balcony, a beautiful large red bathroom, and simply made my wedding morning enjoyable and relaxing!! I am so happy to have booked, and so happy to have met Ms. Kolovos and the staff at the Old Mill for their courteous assistance and friendly customer service! Definitely a place I'd like to return to!!!

Room Tip: Suite 401 is GORGEOUS!!! It has a balcony facing the gardens, and a beautiful huge bathroom with jac...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank luggage007
Dear luggage007,

Thank you for choosing Old Mill Toronto st stay the night before your wedding. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests get our best and I am happy to know that we provided you with a memorable experience in preparation for your big wedding day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate life's many wonderful occasions!

toronto
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed overnight for a wedding. We had the romance package (bottle of wine, flameless candle, bubble bath and chocolates). The room decor is very nice and the bathtub does fit two fairly comfortably. Staff was very friendly. They even empited our fridge so we could put our own food in it and not worry about finding room amongst the mini bar items. It also included a continental breakfast which was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear pandyToronto,

Thank you for sharing your overnight romantic package experience with future Trip Advisor travelers. We are happy to know that all the elements of our package made your overnight stay special.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Old Mill for many more romantic getaways.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I decided to do an overnight package that included a Junior suite and NYE dinner and jazz in the Home Smith Bar. The room was very nice and comfortable, beautifully furnished and decor. Our room had a welcome note addressed to us with a high quality chocolate treat. Front desk called us a little later to make sure everything was up to our expectations - so it was all great. The Home Smith Bar had great music and buffet dinner which tasted very good. Music was fantastic with Heather Babcock and her band. It was all in all, a lovely treat to ourselves and would recommend anyone to stay there. I've also been there for afternoon tea and lunch which is also very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colette V
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Colette V,

Happy New Year! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on New Year’s Eve and for sharing your overnight jazz experience with future guests. I am delighted to hear that you frequent the Old Mill and always enjoy your stay and experiences with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Old Mill Inn previously and absolutely loved it! We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to celebrate our anniversary there this year. The atmosphere is sophisticated, comfortable and decadent. The Old Mill has become the standard we lift all other places up to and to be honest, not many have compared. The staff is friendly and extremely attentive. The room was clean and inviting. We enjoyed jazz in the lounge while having a wonderful dinner and cocktails. We had a fabulous time and we're looking forward to doing it again. T Burns

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear TBurns7,

Congratulations on your anniversary! Thank you for choosing to stay with us again to celebrate this wonderful milestone and for sharing your experience with future Trip Advisor travelers.

Wishing you all the best for 2014 and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have stayed at the Old Mill Inn several times over the years, and we have always been impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the service and the beauty of the facility, which has maintained a traditional stone and timber construction while making tasteful additions to the building. The Home Smith Bar is a great location, and the entertainment for the evening, The David Statham Trio, were terrific. The food is always good, and the building is pleasure to walk around. The rooms are first rate, comfortable, and quiet. We will certainly be back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colin B
Dear Colin B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for a jazz night here at the Old Mill Toronto. Our jazz nights have become famous throughout the city as we attract some of Canada's top performers. Our staff are always excited to hear that their service excellence is appreciated.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I can sum up this hotel in one word....wow! I had booked a room with one double bed for a friend's wedding. I was upgraded to a king bed room upon check-in. The room was phenomenal! Radio was lightly playing when I walked into the room and the fireplace was already on for me. The bathroom was a retreat in itself; huge space with a soaker jetted tub. Separate room with the toilet and a second sink was a nice touch. I loved that the music was piped into the bathroom as well! Room felt comfortable yet luxurious at the same time. The bed was incredibly comfortable with crisp clean linens. Continental breakfast went above and beyond the usual fare...lots of selection of breads, cheeses, smoked salmon etc on top of the usual pastries and cereal. Late checkout of noon was nice as well. I would go back again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SummerTraveller888
Dear SummerTraveller888,

Thank you for sharing your most recent visit to the Old Mill for your overnight getaway. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room upgrade and we provided you with "wow" service.