“So glad I did this”

Edge Walk at the CN Tower
More attraction details
Owner description: EdgeWalk is the "World's Highest External Walk on a Building" (Guinness World Record), a full circle hands-free walk on a 5 ft (1.5 m) wide ledge encircling the top of the Tower's main pod. Visitors walk in groups of six, while attached to an overhead safety rail via a trolley and harness system. Trained EdgeWalk guides encourage participants to push their personal limits, allowing them to lean back over Toronto with nothing but air and breathtaking views of Lake Ontario beneath them. Designed with the highest international safety and security standards in mind, EdgeWalk runs 1.5 hours, with the outdoor walk lasting approximately 30 minutes. Tickets include a keepsake video, photos and certificate of achievement. Participants also receive a CN Tower re-admission General Admission ticket + SkyPod (includes access to LookOut, Glass Floor/outdoor SkyTerrace, SkyPod Levels). EdgeWalk operates seasonally from spring to late fall, 7 days a week, and hours of operation fluctuate depending on daylight.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So glad I did this”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Did have some doubts once I arrived in Toronto and I could see quite how high the CN Tower is but so glad I booked this. Staff are great and very thorough. You get safety checked multiple times before you start. Even the walk to the lift is good - all the staff stop and clap and cheer.

Initially terrifying but after a few minutes I was enjoying the tasks and hanging over the edge - forwards and backwards. I even have pictures to show to friends back home to prove I actually did this. Price includes an individual and group photo, DVD and certificate. Your ticket also gives you access to the tower for the following three days so you can go and watch other edge walkers.

All in all an amazing experience. I'd recommend it and am so glad I had the opportunity to do it. Would even do it again - and I didn't think I'd say that once the doors opened at the start of the walk!

3 Thank Lynda_Ru

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing view of the city”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Did the Edge Walk the first group up on a Sunday morning. The air was crystal clear and the wind was at a minimum. We could see Rochester NY off in the distance. I was nervous and excited waiting on the ground for our adventure to begin. But once I got up to the top and the doors opened the nerves were gone. It was an amazing experience to sit over the edge and see Toronto.

Even if you are afraid of heights - I highly recommend doing this. Once you get up there it isn't scary at all!

1 Thank Dks_34
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“You've got to do this!!!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wow, wow wow!!!!! This was one of the many highlights in this amazing chaotic, whirlwind of a city. The pre walk briefing was both informative and terrifying at the same time. Being squeezed into the very fetching safety suit and harness it was safety safety all the way, which was very reassuring. The walk to the elevator reminded me of astronauts walking to the shuttle; people were cheering and clapping all the way. Once yup top you're secured to the walk rig and ready to go..... Our group was led by the lovely Boris who filmed the whole experience too. We were asked to do several death defying stunts, like toes over Toronto, the lean forward and the lean back whilst walking around the perimeter of the tower. The bright sunny day really made it special, as you could see all of the city and Islands in all their glory. The walk outside lasted about 40 minutes or so, but I could have stayed up there much longer. To say it was fantastic is a complete understatement!!!! It was up there with the best things I've ever done. Afterward you are invited to buy photographs of your experience, but you do get a DVD, photograph and certificate in a presentation document. The price also includes access all areas to the CN Tower which is a great bonus. I can't wait to go back and doc t again!!!!!!

Visited October 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I "walked the edge" 1,200 feet up and it was unreal.

From the very start of the experience, the staff was friendly and professional. You begin with a prep session to make sure you're not wearing anything that could be dangerous or get lost from that high up (jewelry, flip flops, etc.) and that you are not drunk (via breathalyzer) and then they outfit you with a harness. Next, your guide gives everyone another once-over to make sure everything is in order and you take the elevator to the top. At the top, another staffer again triple-checks everything before you actually head outside.

Once outside, your guide takes you on a full circuit of the CN Tower pointing out some of the highlights of the city and guiding everyone through various poses from peaking over the edge to leaning over the edge with nothing but your safety harness keeping you from falling. Our guide (Josh) was a lot of fun and was never pushy with the one member of our group who was having a hard time making to the edge. The views from the top are amazing and the experience is just incredible.

At the end of the experience, once your safely back down and out of the gear, you get a couple of photos and a DVD of the experience (the guide carries a camera and has a GoPro strapped to his head). My only gripe is that, for the cost (C$175 before taxes), you only get two photos (a group photo and an individual photo) and have to pay an addition C$20-25 (pre-tax) for all of the photos. The signage during sign-up is a bit misleading saying that the cost includes "photos, video, ...".

The cost also entitles you to return to the CN Tower anytime in the following 3 days to enjoy the rest that the CN Tower has to offer. This perk doesn't take affect until after you've completed the Edge Walk so you won't get to use it while waiting for your scheduled walk to begin.

Regardless, the experience was an incredible one; something my son and I will never forget.

Oakville
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Loved absolutely everything!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was such an amazing experience. I am not adventurous whatsoever (I'd never skydive or bungee jump), but heights don't bother me I supposed. It was just a great time, everyone who was working had amazing customer service, they were happy, friendly, and understanding of those who were a little hesitant. They didn't push people too far, but they encouraged them to go past their comfort zone a little to ensure they had a memorable experience. Your ticket price includes a picture and certificate in a neat keepsake portfolio and for $20 you can buy a disc of all the photos which I thought was worth it.

Visited September 2013