“better than my last experience previous year but...”
Review of Sushi Kai

Sushi Kai
Ranked #3,931 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
TORONTO
“better than my last experience previous year but...”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I hesitate to write this review because I got plumbing issues 30 minutes after dining there. But they had really good service, friendly staff and not bad food. I really want them to succeed. Last year I had to wait for almost half an hour to be seated. This time , no wait at all. Only a couple other tables occuppied the whole time while I was there. 3 others in my party, none got sick. I was the only one who had the raw fish/sashimi tuna , salmon, etc. MAkes me wonder...
I may return but will unlikely have any raw food there.

• Visited July 2013

Toronto
“A real find - delicious food, great service, eager to please”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a groupon for our dinner which included a lot of food and, though they were quite full, the staff were very welcoming and took time to acquaint us with the menu, regularly checking back with us. The miso soup was among the best I have had, maki was small but delicious (other places pile on lots of rice, methinks) and we really enjoyed a couple of tofu dishes. Highly recommend this place. Atmosphere is simple, homey but enough space between tables that one can enjoy conversation.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lisa N
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Have been here before and the food quality and service have not changed-- still superior. Unique and one of its kind offerings like spider dragon, sushi, maki, spider pizza, etc. Just so interesting to see the piece of artistry when food is delivered. It is cosy and busy place so call to make reservation. If not, you may have to wait for sometime. They cater,too There is free delivery within 2 kms, with $20 minimum order.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Very unique and delicious!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Very cosy place so you must call to reserve. Staff is very efficient, pleasant and professional.
Very different offerings of sushi, maki and tempuras. Very delicious.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly staffs”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I like their service,my tea was never empty,
Like the salmon pizza! I ordered it every time.looking forward for next visit:)

1 Thank Emmmaleo