“Food poisoning!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 10 November 2013

After going to the restaurant, I had food poisoning. It was definitely related to the restaurant as I ate my regular food everyday and my friend who I went with had it too. Avoid this restaurant at all costs!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The best Japanese food ive ever had! Fresh and authentic taste. Wonderful attentive staff. You can probably get one of those $20 for $40 coupon from a Groupon type of site for this restaurant. I keep going back to this place because the food is sooo awesome!!

1  Thank prettykitty11111
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I hesitate to write this review because I got plumbing issues 30 minutes after dining there. But they had really good service, friendly staff and not bad food. I really want them to succeed. Last year I had to wait for almost half an hour to be seated. This time , no wait at all. Only a couple other tables occuppied the whole time while I was there. 3 others in my party, none got sick. I was the only one who had the raw fish/sashimi tuna , salmon, etc. MAkes me wonder...
I may return but will unlikely have any raw food there.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a groupon for our dinner which included a lot of food and, though they were quite full, the staff were very welcoming and took time to acquaint us with the menu, regularly checking back with us. The miso soup was among the best I have had, maki was small but delicious (other places pile on lots of rice, methinks) and we really enjoyed a couple of tofu dishes. Highly recommend this place. Atmosphere is simple, homey but enough space between tables that one can enjoy conversation.

1  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Have been here before and the food quality and service have not changed-- still superior. Unique and one of its kind offerings like spider dragon, sushi, maki, spider pizza, etc. Just so interesting to see the piece of artistry when food is delivered. It is cosy and busy place so call to make reservation. If not, you may have to wait for sometime. They cater,too There is free delivery within 2 kms, with $20 minimum order.

Been to Sushi Kai? Share your experiences!