“Simply fantastic! Don't miss it”
Review of Ajisen Ramen

Ajisen Ramen
Ranked #303 of 8,880 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: This restaurant is a chain. New location on Spadina has been open for some time.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Ajisen ramen is so good, tasty, and cheap! We tried it while walking in Chinatown, hard to spot but it looked interesting. Thank god we went inside, its plain awesome, go inside right now.

1  Thank Mister_Simple_Truth

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The food and drinks were terrific, but what really made this place special was the staff. They were all so friendly and wonderful from the time we sat down until after we left. This is truly noteworthy considering they treated everyone so wonderfully with a genuine kindness. We only ordered one dish to split among three people, but we were not treated any differently than a party with a massive order. They brought us extra bowls to share without us even having to ask and kept our drinks filled.

The restaurant was clean and functional with space saving banquet style tables and pay counter. The beef shank ramen was so warm and delicious, and while it was a bit light on the beef it was very reasonably prices and fed three easily. You get a reward card and can earn a free bowl of ramen after buying twelve, so it is well worth it for a local to visit often. I highly recommend this place to anyone who appreciates good food, or good service.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We went to Ajisen at highway 7, Toronto. I haven't been to any other ramen restaurant, but I think Ajisen is satisfied my craving for ramen. The service is quick and they are patient with the adult customer, help them to choose, and explain. The price is average, quality is good. Overall, it's a good ramen place.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I go here very regularly. I usually order the BBQ Pork Ramen ($7.99?), or the basic Ajisen Ramen ($6.99?)- basically the same but fewer pieces of pork. A super pork broth, with ramen noodles, a half of a boiled egg and garnishes. I often order the small order of gyoza on the side for $1.50. Fast service. Elegant - enamel bowl, wooden ladle - spoon, pork, egg and green and black garnishes in the bowl. Fast service. All good.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I know, ramen is chinese in origin. This place does respectable ramen, but the stock is where the men are separated from the boys. I've eaten a lot of ramen in japan, and this is nothing close to that. They are pretty authentic, but they just don't have the stock that japanese ramen have.