“Summerlicious - Very crowded and loud, food was good.”
Review of Bannock

Bannock
Reserve with OpenTable
Bannock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Bay
Transit: TTC - Queen Street subway stop
Description: With a total of 4,348 square feet, Bannock is part grab-and-go café, part coffee shop, and part dine-in restaurant. The architecture reflects the menu – eclectic and approachably Canadian – featuring antique pine and hemlock reclaimed from one of the Queen’s wharfs that sat under the waters of Lake Ontario at York Street for over a hundred years. Bannock’s honest approach to food is rooted in familiar, wholesome ingredients that are reflective of Canada’s rich regional and cultural diversity, delivered in an innovative and playful way. Everyday classics are revitalized as the Chefs pay homage to traditional Canadian comfort foods, putting our cultural favourites front and centre. Bannock breads are integrated throughout the entire menu including artisan sandwiches and pizzas. Bannock garnishes are also added to soups, salads and main courses.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went to this restaurant for Summerlicious. I could barely hear my date sometimes and we were sitting right in between two other couples who I could actually hear more clearly. The atmosphere felt very crowded and rushed. We were given our bill before dessert even came. On the positive side, our food came fast and tasted pretty good. I would be curious as to what this restaurant is like during off-peak times.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have to say it's funny that I've lived in Toronto all my life and this is the first time I've been to a restaurant specializing in Canadian cuisine.

The food was terrific! I had such a a great experience here when I went for dinner with two of my friends. We went for Summerlicious but ended up ordering from the regular menu as everything seemed to good to pass up and at a great price point.

I had the bannock bannock which was good, but my friends had the mac & cheese (which I would very much recommend) and the turkey burger! Both of their meals were mouth watering! We also shared the s'mores dessert which was heavenly. It was one of the best desserts I've had in a while (and I'm a dessert person).

I would highly highly recommend Bannock. The service was exceptional and the food was devine. I wouldn't expect any less from an O & B restaurant and this one doesn't disappoint.

Do the Canadian thing and go!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went to Bannock for my husband's birthday - great food and friendly service Can't understand why this restaurant does not feature in best restaurant lists in all the tourist guides.

Came here from England a year ago and it is as good as ever

Thanks for a lovely evening

1  Thank Adamfamily305
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Located at corner bay and queen. Opposite Eatons centre.
Many tables have street view.
3 people, dinner and drink and dessert 139.57 total
Passion flower cocktails great. Invented, so she says lol by our waitress.
Mac and cheese 15.00, flat iron steak 24.00 and fish and chips 16.00
Service well paced.
Ices and ice cream dessert good. Screech and maraschino cherry nice.
Good atmosphere and central for everything.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We really liked the choice of food here. Healthy to decadent, there's something for everyone. Service is friendly and quick. We had the griddled octopus, eat-your-greens salad, black bean and tortilla soup, and a donut plate. I especially liked the salad -- kale, spinach, kohlrabi, zuccini and a handful of chickpeas -- not too much dressing, light, but very tasty. Not a fussy place, casual dining, but good quality fare.