“An amazing and enlightening experience”
Review of Bruce Bell Tours

Bruce Bell Tours
Ranked #45 of 126 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Bruce Bell Tours: So much of Toronto's history is either buried under parking lots or confined to dusty history books hidden on the top shelves of libraries or just plain forgotten. Using his wealth of knowledge and experience well known historian and author Bruce Bell is determined to look under those parking lots to see what secrets are held in Toronto's much overlooked colonial and 19th century past. Bruce also does a great food tasting tour at Toronto’s famed St Lawrence Market.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An amazing and enlightening experience”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Thank God we didn't do the hop on hop off tour. The walking tour with Bruce was just perfect. cannot recommend it enough. He is very knowledgeable and makes it very interesting. Of you have only one day in Toronto, then start your day with this tour.

Visited July 2013
Bruce B, Owner at Bruce Bell Tours, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I'm so glad you had such a great time! It was my pleasure to show you around.
Cheers, Bruce

Massachusetts
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“St. Lawrence Market-Bruce Bell Tour Guide-GREAT!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Better late than never: I went to Toronto for the first time in December 2009. Wanting to learn about the history of the city, I scheduled a walking tour of the St. Lawrence Market downtown with a tour guide, Bruce Bell, who happens to be the local historian of St. Lawrence Market. Being the only one on the tour, Bruce was engaging, informative, had a sense of humor, talked with knowledge and moved along quickly from site to site. His background as an actor and consummate historian proved to be a winning combination. Exuding a love of history, Bruce answered questions with insight. I highly recommend any tour with Bruce Bell! Love him!

(I dated this review Feb. 2013, when I wrote it, but went in December 2009).

Visited February 2013
Port Alberni, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tours of Toronto”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have been on two walking tours with Mr. Bell and was amazed with the infomation I learned from this guy about Toronto's history. I have visited the St. Lawrence Market area a number of times, but had no idea about its history until Mr. Bell's tour. He is a very entertaining tour guide and enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge of Toronto's history with others. At the St. Lawrence Market tour I learned about the very earliest of Toronto's history when first Nations people gathered at the shores of Lake Ontario near the Market, to the first Europeans arriving by boat, to the architectural history of the Market itself. I would highly recommend booking a tour with Mr. Bell whether you are a Torontonian or visiting the city.

Visited April 2012
Bruce B, Owner at Bruce Bell Tours, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words! It was my pleasure... Bruce
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“informative and entertaining”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was one of only two people taking the tour. Bruce seems to know everything and everybody. The tour included the St.Lawrence Market (lots to see, I went shopping later), St.James Cathedral, the old post office, and other places whose name I don't remember. (Some old city hall?) Plus lots of Canadian history.

Visited November 2012
Bruce B, Owner at Bruce Bell Tours, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed taking my tour. I love Toronto and I am so grateful that I get a chance to show off my city!
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing walking tour! One of the best I've been on!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I thought I knew Toronto pretty well having lived here for almost 10 years and I would go to the St. Lawrence Market often to get my groceries. The tour with Bruce Bell took my appreciation of the neighborhood (and Toronto in general) to a whole other level! He is such an entertaining tour guide and offers tremendous insight into the area and the history. I have been on walking tours in other cities (Paris, New York City) and this one is by far the best one I've ever been on. It is a total deal for the amount of sights you see, the information that you learn and the insight you gain.

Visited June 2012