“awesome food”
Review of The Gabardine

The Gabardine
Ranked #375 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Boston
“awesome food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

loved our Lunch .. was the best.. excellent service. was packed but the pace was great. prices were very resonable

Visited August 2014

Toronto, Canada
“My New Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have been meaning to dine at The Gabardine since I saw the restaurant on the show, "You've Gotta Eat Here."

I had watched the show and salivated over the Mac & Cheese they were making so I HAD to have that when I finally went over lunch. It completely lived up to my expectations! It was so delicious yet I didn't feel I had to roll myself out of the place after.

I appreciate this place so much because it had such a down to earth vibe steps away from the Financial District (which is hard to find). I felt like I could have been eating at a restaurant in a small town which I loved. It completely took me away from the hustle and bustle from downtown which I appreciated along with providing a hearty meal.

My only advice is you get there early before the lunch hour rush.

I will be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MarisaWorldTravel
Toronto
“Comfort food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I popped in for lunch after walking past the place a number of times. The decor is warm, a bit hipster-ish, but welcoming. The menu is the same, with some updated takes on old fashioned comfort food. I had mac & cheese which was delicious but not for the faint of heart and my guest had a really nice risotto. Menu is small, and the wine list is limited, which, quite frankly works for me. It was nice to see a place on Bay St. not overflowing with hyperbole and show. The restaurant was packed well before noon but the service was efficient, yet unobtrusive. Our server was quite happy to offer an opinion which is always appreciated.

• Visited July 2014
Grimsby, Canada
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I work around the corner from The Gabardine and figured after seeing it on You Gotta Eat Here that it would be a good spot to meet my boyfriend's mother for lunch when she was in town. She's a foodie and figured it would please her palate!
I'm so glad we got there early as it was packed! Knowing fully well that every eatery in the Financial District is overrun come noon I had her arrive about 10 minutes before so we made the most of our time.
I had the po' boy which was pretty tasty. I will say that it came with a side salad which was literally just greens... no dressing at all. I would have loved a splash of balsamic on there but oh well! She had the rabbit rillettes and kolapore springs smoked trout, to say she enjoyed them would be an understatement!
Overall it was a very enjoyable meal and there are many more things on the menu I'd love to try, I just have to justify $19 for chicken pot pie!

• Visited May 2014
La Selva Beach, California
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

No reservations for lunch so we got there when they opened at 11:30. There were already a few patrons and within 20 minutes it was packed. My wife loves chicken pot pie so she had to try it and it was quite good. It was heavy on the tarragon but we both liked it. We shared the croquettes which were also tasty but for $13 there were only four. It was also very warm inside (they placed a fan in the doorway for people waiting for a table). Overall a good lunch experience.

Visited June 2014