“Stayed for 5 nights” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Stayed for 5 nights”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights waiting for my husband to fly in after being away on business . So I did spend a lot of time in the room! The rooms are very clean and look as if they have recently been refurbished. also a beautifully clean and well presented bathroom and power shower (but you can hear everyone else's when they turn it on)However when I arrived there was no one to help me with my luggage except a very petite young receptionist. I had been in Canada for 5 weeks so my bags were very heavy and as I walk with a stick I couldn't"t carry them myself. It was embarrassing watching this young woman trying to get these cases to the room! Let me suggest that if you want to sleep after 6am don't take a room at the front of the hotel - they face directly onto the car park. The back rooms overlook the golf course. There's no room service (apart from cleaning the room) and don't expect breakfast in your room! The Italian restaurant next to the hotel is where you go for breakfast through an adjoining fire door! They also provide all day food which you pay for when it's delivered . The 'hot ' breakfast was self service scrambled eggs and bacon - I can't eat eggs so it was just cereals and a croissant. All in all it was quite a pleasant stay but didn't quite live up up to expectations. Sorry!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back away from the car park
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AKabir, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay at our property. We value your feedback and appreciate the positive comments on room cleanliness and comforts. Incidentally, the main entrance to the Italian restaurant is from outside although there is access from inside the hotel.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Best regards.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at this GREAT home away from home on two different occasions and will stay there again. All the employees were top notch, polite, friendly and caring. I felt I was the only person they were looking after, although we know that isn't the case. The food at the restaurant was awesome. I was sick on my second stay and the room staff made sure that anything I needed they were there to help. Don't even hesitate to stay here as you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I loved the king room on the top floor. I had the same type of room both stays and I do believe I w...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your great experience of your recent stay at our hotel. We are indeed happy that you were more than satisfied with our hospitality. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Best regards.

Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Well served as an airport hotel with quick shuttle service. Very obliging and helpful staff. Everything you would need available in room. Very clean, neat and tidy and quiet! Very good value for an overnight stay. Would definitely use it again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AKabir, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay at our property and appreciate your comments and observations regarding staff, services and amenities. We strive to excel in all departments to provide the best satisfaction to our valued guests.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit and provide you with the same superior service. Best regards.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

stayed for one night prior to flight. very friendly staff and polite. There weren't any towels in our room, but that was corrected very quickly. Put in a wake up call and was reminded to change our clocks back an hour. Unfortunately, their system didn't change and we were called an hour early!! 5am instead of 6am! I wasn't too happy about that. made a coffee, but there was only one package of coffee. And it look disgusting when I looked in my cup. I pitched it. The restaurant only opened at 6, so we decided to take the earlier shuttle to the airport. Upon arrival we went to find a restaurant for dinner. Not much to choose from! Ended up at a place right next door, which was okay, but it had a limited menu. We should have just tried the one in the hotel, which we will do on our way back.
Overall a pleasant stay, in a very clean, comfortable room.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AKabir, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for posting the review. We are sorry that you were not able to enjoy our Mickele’s Italian Ristorante during your stay, for the inconveniences caused due to time change and for not having enough coffee in room. Coffee is available around the clock in lobby and the sachets with the front desk too. We also thank you for commending staff, hotel services and room cleanliness and comforts.

We hope you’d come back again so that we could provide you with a superior experience. Best wishes.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I work away from home and find myself staying in a lot of hotels. When I have to stay over in Toronto I always stay hear. The staff are friendly and always go out of there way for me. The rooms are modern and always clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKabir, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to pen your thoughts of you experiences of saying with us. We are glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating and the rooms clean and appealing. We look forward to your next visit so that we could offer you same great service again. Best regards
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have been coming to this hotel for a number of years and have always enjoyed our stay. We find the staff most helpful and courteous. The amenities are excellent. The free breakfast has a good variety. We would recommend this location, especially to someone wanting to be near the Toronto International airport.

Room Tip: I prefer the back of the hotel because I am a light sleeper
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being loyal to the brand and trusting our staff and services over and over again. We are happy that you enjoy your stays and look forward to welcome you again. Best regards.

Hereford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here overnight before visiting Niagara Falls. The hotel was very easy to find and had a good sized free car park. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and having the Italian restaurant next door was very handy. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ateasd5941
AKabir, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel and its services. We appreciate your comments about the cleanliness, friendly staff and ‘Michele’s Ristorante’- the adjoining Italian restaurant. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Best regards.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
North York
BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#17 of 62 in Mississauga
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,180 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!