“Same menu, cool atmosphere”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Whitby, Canada
“Same menu, cool atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

It's the same menu and quality of a normal Keg.

However... The restaurant is in a century old mansion that creates a cool vibe.

Nice bar upstairs while you wait for your table.

Usually jammed full on weekends.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Port Dover, Ontario, Canada
“Allergy friendly for kids”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

As someone with a food allergy I have been to a number of Kegs because they have always had the best protocol.
On a recent trip we took our young son with us, who suffers from multiple food allergies. We figured the Keg is our safest bet and it was. The manager spoke with us and arranged to bake fries for our son to go with his chicken. He was given an appetizer plate of fruit and celery, so he was good about sitting and waiting for his main meal.
The building is quite nice and different from most Kegs I have been to.
I would like to give it 4.5, but couldn't quite give it a five because they got my husband's side dish wrong. Not a big deal, they fixed it, but then they also got the order wrong of the woman next to us. This can make you a little nervous when you have food allergy issues, but maybe it was just a waitress issue.
Overall, good meal.

• Visited August 2014
Texas
“Really good steakhouse in nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The food was great! Salads fresh and tasty dressings. Nice wine list. Not huge but lots of good choices by glass or bottle. Steaks/Prime Rib were delicious and perfectly cooked. Loved the fresh veggie side. Service started out great but our waiter disappeared after our meal was served. We sat about 10 minutes with dirty dishes before he appeared again. Several waiters and bus boys walked by ignoring the plates we stacked up on the table. If I could I would give a 4.5. But still recommend highly.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Best dining experience in Toronto”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Let me start by saying this was such a beautiful establishment. My husband and I went on a Thursday evening with reservations and had no waiting. We were seated right away, however I was so intrigued by the decor I got up and snooped around in the different dining areas. The atmosphere in our area was dimly lit, but not too dark, the seating was close and I could hear every word the next table was saying, but we were seated at one of those long wall booth seats on one side with tables and chairs on the opposite side. The food was top quality and so worth the price! There are times when you pay a good chunk and walk out disappointed, not here! I could have paid more and still be satisfied. We had the escargot and the scallops and bacon appetizers, both were amazing. My husband had the top sirloin with Alaskan king crab and I had the sirloin Oscar topped with scallops. Words can not describe how fabulous this meal was.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TraBuff
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good steak house”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We loved the steaks and the lobster. Service was excellent. Downsides were crab-cakes. As pointed out by somebody else, they are too dry. Room was also a bit noisy/

• Visited July 2014