“Everything Went Fine Except the Steak”
Review of Manhattan Classic Grill - CLOSED

Manhattan Classic Grill
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We ordered chicken wings and an order of the combo platter appetizer which were good ! Dessert was Creme Brulee and Tiramisu which were perfect. Not too sweet and just right. Here's the problem. Our main entree consisted of 2 Angus Sirloin Steaks. Both were 14 ounces each which were so tough ! You could tell that it was of low quality even if it was cooked properly to our requested medium rare and rare cooking. One of them seemed it was cut from the end of some big portion. We did not finish both of the steaks. We would have if they were of good quality. Server offered to replace it but I know a new steak would not change the quality. Service was very slow. We spent 2-1/2 hours for dinner and I think we spent around 40 minutes all in all waiting to order, to ask for more water, to order dessert and to get the bill. It was obviious they were understaffed because the 3 servers were moving fast and trying their best and still couldn't handle the load fast enough. I noticed one of them was even helping in the kitchen which did not seem right. I could see everyone was waiting for quite sometime. Their staff were very friendly though and that sort of took away a bit of our disappointment of the steak. Price of $26 for the steak itself was not worth. One other thing good - the interior of the restaurant was very nice.

1  Thank fishlover22

Reviewed 15 December 2011

The night I was there was not busy. So I thought the food would be mediocre but it was excellent! The price was right for the quality and portion. I had the spring roll appetizer, the mushroom steak and the creme brûlée. Looking forward to my next visit! Yum!