“Definitely worth a visit!”
Review of Manhattan Classic Grill - CLOSED

Manhattan Classic Grill
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The huge portions at the Manhattan Classic Grill are definitely worth a mention . One bowl of their rich and creamy clam chowder would probably be enough for 2 , if you plan to eat more.

The entrees of ribs and blackened chicken were tender and very tasty . The caramel crunch (which seems to resemble LaRocca's cake) and the tiramisu were excellent.

Our server, Nathaly , was friendly, prompt and attentive . The decor was tasteful and the overall ambience was very good.

Overall, this is a place that's definitely worth returning to!

1  Thank foodie_3339

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife went there first and when she came home she couldn't stop talking about how good the food was so i said i have to try this so we went on travelzoo and found this great coupon for 50$ and you get a 4 course dinner,First we had the big bowl of belgian mussels and calamari to start and then we had the mushroom steak for entree and for dessert we had the crem brule,It was the best thing i ate.I highly reccomend this restuarant.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We ordered chicken wings and an order of the combo platter appetizer which were good ! Dessert was Creme Brulee and Tiramisu which were perfect. Not too sweet and just right. Here's the problem. Our main entree consisted of 2 Angus Sirloin Steaks. Both were 14 ounces each which were so tough ! You could tell that it was of low quality even if it was cooked properly to our requested medium rare and rare cooking. One of them seemed it was cut from the end of some big portion. We did not finish both of the steaks. We would have if they were of good quality. Server offered to replace it but I know a new steak would not change the quality. Service was very slow. We spent 2-1/2 hours for dinner and I think we spent around 40 minutes all in all waiting to order, to ask for more water, to order dessert and to get the bill. It was obviious they were understaffed because the 3 servers were moving fast and trying their best and still couldn't handle the load fast enough. I noticed one of them was even helping in the kitchen which did not seem right. I could see everyone was waiting for quite sometime. Their staff were very friendly though and that sort of took away a bit of our disappointment of the steak. Price of $26 for the steak itself was not worth. One other thing good - the interior of the restaurant was very nice.

1  Thank fishlover22
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The night I was there was not busy. So I thought the food would be mediocre but it was excellent! The price was right for the quality and portion. I had the spring roll appetizer, the mushroom steak and the creme brûlée. Looking forward to my next visit! Yum!