“Excellent food & service!”
Review of Manhattan Classic Grill - CLOSED

Manhattan Classic Grill
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband and myself and our best friends dined at Manhattan Classic Grill tonight and we were all very impressed! The inside of the restaurant looked very clean and nice.The waitress was fantastic and attentive.The food was amazing. The guys ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection. My ribs were phenomenal and fall off the bone. All four of us were very happy with our appetizers, main courses. The desserts were so delicious, the perfect end to a perfect meal. We will definitely go back to Manhattan Classic Grill.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We had a coupon off the internet and so our expectations were not very high. We were pleasently surprised. The decor was very modern with clean lines.
Dinner was above average. We ordered bruchetta and mussels. We were told they had just served the last order of mussels. The waitress said that everything was brought in fresh and the didn't want to have too many left over. The trouble was, it was only 7:00pm and dinner service had just begun. I ordered the mixed plate and was glad they ran out of mussels, it was delicious. Our mains consisted of salmon with a pineapple salsa, and a 14 once blackened steak. My wife loved her salmon. My steak was slightly under cooked, more rare than mediun rare. Not a great steak but pretty good. The sides of garlic mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables were cooked well.
My wife wanted to tell the chef how good she thought the salmon was, so the waitress asked the chef if he could visit us, which he did. He even gave my wife the recipe for the pineapple salsa.
Dessert was chocolate truffle cake and butterscotch crunch. We took the cake home and ate the creme brule. That's right they mixed up the dessert. A happy accident, it was delicious.
A couple glasses of house wine and coffee and tea and we were very satisfied.
Except for a couple of gliches dinner was fine. A fine alternative to driving downtown. The restaurant is in a strip plaza about 1 kilometre from the 401. Will visit again.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I purchased the coupon from Travelzoo that offered a 4 course dinner for $50. I took my best friend and we went on a Thursday night. Well we were pleasantly surprised by the decor of the restaurant. Our server, Meela was very pleasant, polite and knowledgeable. We started with mussels and calamari as appetizers. The entrees were both steaks with sweet potatoe fries and for dessert we had the creme brule. The portions were generous and arrived in a timely fashion. The steaks were cooked to order. Overall it was a wonderful evening out. I would definitely visit this establishment again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Four of us went for dinner, the Calamari and Mussel appetizers were OK. The appetizer platter was marginal. As for the steaks all 4 were tough and over cooked, all were 14oz, but as thin as Fast Fry. My wife and I had the 14oz "Blackened sirloin". Not Blackened at all. It was seasoned with Cajun Spice then grilled, not blackeced, then it was smothered in a tomato sauce. We asked to have them replaced, which they were, in about 2 minutes. How can you prepare 2 steaks, rare and medium rare that fast unless they are half cooked already. Poor service, no saltor pepper on the table or offered. There were numerous pepper mills available by the hostess stand and that's were they stayed. Won't go back!

4  Thank TheGourmand799
Reviewed 23 January 2012

FOOD - Between the 4 of us dining for appetizers we ordered fried calamari, mussels, buffalo fingers & fries, and spinach/goat cheese dip. Everything was great; fries were amazing. I normally don't like mussels, but I tried one and I couldn't stop eating them! For entree I ordered the Blackened NY steak and mashed potatoes. The steak was cooked to my liking, but the mashed potatoes were hard and starchy. Others ordered Deviled Shrimp, Chicken & Ribs, and Peppercorn Steak - everyone enjoyed their meals.
For dessert I had an ice cream sundae, which is hard to mess up. Others had a chocolate and a caramel cake, both good. The coffee was bitter.

SERVICE: Excellent, atttentive but not over-bearing, helpful answering questions.

AMBIANCE: The decor is really nice. It's a big restaurant and the tables were nicely spaced from each other. Washrooms were not overlooked.
From our table I could see into the kitchen - whenever I looked over I was pleased to see that the kitchen was very clean and that the staff were practicing good food safety standards.

The only negatives were the mashed potatoes and the coffee, which I can live with given how great everything else was.