“Stay Away”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel last night with our family. The kids and I were almost sick with the foul smell in the room. It smelled at though someone had thrown up in the room and it hadn't been cleaned. The room was very, very dated and not nice at all. We used the sofa bed and upon moving the cushions off the sofa noticed they were covered with pee stains or some kind of stains. I travel a lot and this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JaniceEK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 29 May 2011

When you see white bedding on the beds you know you are in a clean hotel!! The sleep number beds were nice and ensured a comfortable sleep once we figured out our number. The included breakfast was plentiful and had cold items including fruit salad, and great hot buffet. The shuttle to the airport was every half hour so we didn't have to wait long. I will stay there on my next trip through Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank beastleys
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We were given a complimentary room at this hotel for one night after Air Canada made us miss a connecting flight to Alberta from Jamaica. We thought it would be okay, as it was only for one night, near the airport, and as a general rule, Radisson Hotels are okay. THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!!! From the minute we checked in (late at night and without a vehicle), we knew we were in for an unpleasant evening. The service was indifferent, the lobby was tired and old looking, and the place just has a run-down, unkempt atmosphere. That was only the beginning! When we got to our room and opened the door, I thought I'd stepped back into 1986! The decor is so dated it's almost laughable, the sofa was stained, the rug was stained, the television was ANCIENT, the bathroom had a tacky print that they had actually screwed to the wall (like anyone would want to steal it!). The towel rack fell off the wall while we were in the room, and I swear the only thing they've changed in the place since 1986 is the toilet paper rolls! Lets put it this way.....before I would go NEAR the bed I had my husband lift up the mattress so I could check for bedbugs, and then I checked Trip Advisor to make sure nobody had complained of them before I would even put my suitcases on a soft surface in the room! Thankfully that is not something they seem to have a problem with.
Seriously though, if anyone says this place is nice, or even "okay", they have extremely low standards and expectations, and they don't mind shelling out money for nothing. I didn't pay for this room, and if I could have reasonably left, I would have.....it was DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EloquentlyWasted
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We booked this hotel through our travel agent as a special for Transat Holidays which included our room for one night and free parking for our 14 day vacation while we were in Mexico and a good rate. The rooms are all suite which was a bedroom with tv, a two part bathroom, and a living room with a mini frig, couch, chairs, desk and tv. They have a shuttle bus that runs at 10 to the hour and 20 after the hour to the airport and back to the hotel when you get back. They have a resturant attached to the hotel and several restaurants, coffe shops close by. The elevators are quick and there are ice machines, pop machines on every other floor. The checkin person was nice and all we had to do was fill in a form with our type, year, color and license plate number for their files. Wakeup calls are available. We were quite satisfied with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for what you want
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Stayed here for one night while on business in the area. It's a typical Radisson "business" hotel. The rooms are actually quite good in that each is a suite with a seperate sitting area.

Reasonably clean, pretty decent housekeeping, and the rooms are quite enough.

There is a Tim Hortons and a few restaurants right beside the hotel, so that is convenient.

I recommend it if you need to be near the airport for a night or two.

Room Tip: Planes fly right over the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Had to spend a week in Toronto for work. Radisson was near my office so, I went with it. Rooms are nice in that you have a separate living room and bedroom, with a nice small kitchen area as you walk in. The rooms and hotel itself are a tad dated. Hotel Staff is very friendly. They do not have free parking so, if you plan on renting car, make sure you add that fee when deciding to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I've stayed at many Radissons and I expect a workman-like experience, This hotel is so dated, you expect it to be applying for a pension any day now., Stained furniishings, stained carpeting, gross bathroom fixtures. The decor is so out of date as to appear disgusting. Bedside lights so dim you can't even read,. Outdated and ugly TVs. Staff was indifferent, unhelpful, and seemingly too stupid to perform basic job functions.

There appear to be many much better choices for an overnight at the Toronto airport and I'd strongly encourage everyone to choose an alternate until Radisson sees fit to do a long overdue upgrading and replacement of the management. Staff as poor as found at this hotel can only reflect an incompetent and indifferent management.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo