“Unexpectedly great”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My Air Canada flight was delayed (shocking, I know) and so I had to spend the night here. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I was put up in a junior suite which certainly exceeded my expectations. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, had a kitchenette and sofe and two tvs (1 in living room, 1 in bedroom). Plus it offers a free shuttle bus. I was overall very impressed and if I was in the area again, would definately stay again.

The restuarant was another matter, though. Although the pub/restaurant enivironment and menu were adequate and food I ordered good, the Asian server was uneccsarily rude, impatient, and outright hostile when I asked him questions such as "Can I have some water?" and "Is beer included in the airline food voucher?" Needless to say, a very strange experience and he didn't get a tip.

If you don't want to put up with this oddity, there always a Tim Horton's within walking distance to the hotel, which is doubly convenient if you want a coffee before catching an early morning flight.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank zebedeesolive
Write a ReviewReviews (1,423)

Reviewed 18 July 2011

The pluses:
I really liked the rooms in this hotel; the suites were a good size and came with a fridge and microwave. The room was clean with decent quality hotel type furnishings (some rooms have more updated furniture than others). The maids was very friendly and even straightened up my shoes! Convenient shuttle to the airport and lots of restaurants right outside the front door.

The minuses:
The gym was ok; the elliptical was not working properly and one of the treadmills is not so great.
The hotel is directly under one of the flight paths of the airport. The planes flying overhead can be quite noisy. if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs. They may land late at night and can start taking off at 6:30am.

Room Tip: The east side is supposed to be a bit quieter
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2011

European type stting, very plush and confortable oversize suite, Very classic look,
will go back for sure. need to fix a noisy aircond unit though!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jbonaventure
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel last night with our family. The kids and I were almost sick with the foul smell in the room. It smelled at though someone had thrown up in the room and it hadn't been cleaned. The room was very, very dated and not nice at all. We used the sofa bed and upon moving the cushions off the sofa noticed they were covered with pee stains or some kind of stains. I travel a lot and this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JaniceEK
Reviewed 29 May 2011

When you see white bedding on the beds you know you are in a clean hotel!! The sleep number beds were nice and ensured a comfortable sleep once we figured out our number. The included breakfast was plentiful and had cold items including fruit salad, and great hot buffet. The shuttle to the airport was every half hour so we didn't have to wait long. I will stay there on my next trip through Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank beastleys
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We were given a complimentary room at this hotel for one night after Air Canada made us miss a connecting flight to Alberta from Jamaica. We thought it would be okay, as it was only for one night, near the airport, and as a general rule, Radisson Hotels are okay. THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!!! From the minute we checked in (late at night and without a vehicle), we knew we were in for an unpleasant evening. The service was indifferent, the lobby was tired and old looking, and the place just has a run-down, unkempt atmosphere. That was only the beginning! When we got to our room and opened the door, I thought I'd stepped back into 1986! The decor is so dated it's almost laughable, the sofa was stained, the rug was stained, the television was ANCIENT, the bathroom had a tacky print that they had actually screwed to the wall (like anyone would want to steal it!). The towel rack fell off the wall while we were in the room, and I swear the only thing they've changed in the place since 1986 is the toilet paper rolls! Lets put it this way.....before I would go NEAR the bed I had my husband lift up the mattress so I could check for bedbugs, and then I checked Trip Advisor to make sure nobody had complained of them before I would even put my suitcases on a soft surface in the room! Thankfully that is not something they seem to have a problem with.
Seriously though, if anyone says this place is nice, or even "okay", they have extremely low standards and expectations, and they don't mind shelling out money for nothing. I didn't pay for this room, and if I could have reasonably left, I would have.....it was DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EloquentlyWasted
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We booked this hotel through our travel agent as a special for Transat Holidays which included our room for one night and free parking for our 14 day vacation while we were in Mexico and a good rate. The rooms are all suite which was a bedroom with tv, a two part bathroom, and a living room with a mini frig, couch, chairs, desk and tv. They have a shuttle bus that runs at 10 to the hour and 20 after the hour to the airport and back to the hotel when you get back. They have a resturant attached to the hotel and several restaurants, coffe shops close by. The elevators are quick and there are ice machines, pop machines on every other floor. The checkin person was nice and all we had to do was fill in a form with our type, year, color and license plate number for their files. Wakeup calls are available. We were quite satisfied with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for what you want
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple